Exile on Main Street (remastered)

nigelnigel Posts: 267
edited May 2010 in Other Music
Picked up the remastered version of Exile on Main Street yesterday. The new mix is excellent and really adds an extra dimension to the recording. Everything sounds so bright and fresh.

I haven't got to the bonus disk of unreleased stuff yet but the album itself still sounds totally amazing. Simply one of the greatest rock and roll albums ever made!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    I don't know if I want Exile sounding "bright" and "fresh", I always thought that its ramshackle scuzziness was part of its charm. Just sounded like a bunch of people hanging out and recording. I'll probably still pick it up just for the rare tracks.
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    It still sounds gloriously ramshackle but with much improved (IMHO) mix.

Maybe "bright" wasn't the right word although I stick with "fresh" (which does well with ramshackle) ;)

Whatever - I have had alot of fun re-discovering this great record over the past couple of days!
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Just picked it up, sounds pretty fantastic so far.
  • Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    What a classic! The bonus tracks are great. It would've been an injustice to everyone if these tracks weren't ever finished. It really shows how amazing the record really was when tracks like "I'm Not Signifying" and "Title 5" were left on the cutting room floor! Definitely money well spent. Can't help but to wonder if there is still some shit laying around from the "Sticky Fingers" sessions...
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Never heard the album before. All the hype surrounding the reissue of the album is making me go out and buy it in a bit. I've heard "Sticky Fingers" and "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    dang

i love it

and the bonus disk!!

plundered my soul and following the river...holy cow
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Just bought the reissue, not the one with the bonus disc, pretty good album. Will have to give it a couple more listens.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    wow i feel like nobody is talkin about this album and its all i listen to over and over and over again so far this week!! and i just got my pj nola in the mail!!!

granted i havent yet got my cleveland yet...

but i mean fo real this shit should be all

ah

buzzzzzzzzzzz
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here