Zac Brown Band

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited April 2010 in Other Music
Of course I realize this guy wouldn't fit the tastes of most folks around here, possibly strictly because of the 'country' label in some cases, but the debut album is great, feel-good type of stuff sort of in the same vein as Jimmy Buffett. A friend let me listen to 'Toes' last summer and then a couple more songs after I loved it so much, so I bought the album and still listen to it quite frequently.

Knowing little about him, I was planning on catching his set Thursday night at Bonnaroo 2009, but we got out a bit late and the tent and the area around it were flooded. So, having been up for around 44 hours with no shut-eye I went back to camp.

I did however just get tickets to check him out in Memphis come June and can't wait. I've heard his live shows are explosive and lots of fun. So, has anyone ever given ZBB a listen or seen them live? Thoughts?
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bprice930bprice930 Posts: 19
    I wasn't much of a fan, but went to check them out when they played a free show on the infield at Talladega last fall. I got the CD shortly after the show and still listen to it often. It pales in comparison (of course) to a PJ show, but it was a pretty good show. I would definitely go see them again! Have fun!!
  • First post I see...welcome.
    I'm really looking forward to it. There's just something about those songs that make me feel so much. Every time I listen to Toes I can't help but smile like a jackass and Chicken Fried, though I first thought it was kind of silly country song, is so absolutely cool. Free is just unbelieveable and Highway 20 Ride would hit home for any parent in one way or another...my cousin can't listen to it just because he can't imagine being separated from his children that way....he's a big baby.

ZBB has a live cd/dvd coming out...May 4 I think it is...which looks really cool with some great cover songs on there. I actually tracked down their 'real' first album called Home Grown and there are some really solid tracks on there too....especially On This Train.

I think folks would be pleasantly surprised if they gave ZBB an honest listen

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I've been a fan for a long time as he's from my area and has been playing places around here for a while now. "The Foundation" is a fun and easy album. I love his cover of Ray Lamontagne's "Jolene."
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • I've been a fan for a long time as he's from my area and has been playing places around here for a while now. "The Foundation" is a fun and easy album. I love his cover of Ray Lamontagne's "Jolene."
    Yeah..love Jolene as well. Where the Boat Leaves From is the only one that I really don't like. Well, Sic Em on a Chicken too but I suppose even it has its own unique quality...whatever it is

• samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Haven't heard much by them, but seeing them open for Dave Matthews Band at CitiField- hopefully they put on a good performance!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I like 'em...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JLF78JLF78 Posts: 96
    They played a show in my little town here in Northern IL last summer. It was a fun and entertaining show. I'd see them again.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    I love country music (especially outlaw, traditional country) and I love the ZBB. They're much better than this fake pop-country (Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, etc.) that has taken over the industry in recent years.

I saw ZBB in concert last year and they are the real deal. There's a good reason they won the Grammy award for best new band. I hope to catch them again soon.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• we all know music is better live. this band is a perfect example of that. they shine live.
    my bets r if you see zbb once, you will get it and be a fan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VlafQkMa4
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited September 2014
    Seen ZBB 4 times this year,and going again in 2 weeks in ATL at Music Midtown fest.They are the PJ of country(more southern rock). Great live,they rock out.They do covers of Metallica,Foo Fighters,Petty,Rage against the Machine,Charlie Daniels,Billy Joel,Guns and Roses,Bon Jovi,and more....
    You will get 4-5 a show.Someone said above,once you go once,your hooked.You won't regret it.Grab a beer and have a great time.Its like a big backyard party.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I also recommend you throw on "The Grohl Sessions"ep on a weekend morning when just chillin.Very smooth and fitting.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Picked up pit tix through the Zamily yesterday. Zamily is a silly name.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    JK_Livin said:

Picked up pit tix through the Zamily yesterday. Zamily is a silly name.

easy to get pit tickets being in the club :)
    love being in the pit for zac. always a great show
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Thinking of john today. Als. Devastating news