Options

EVER HAD SIDE OF STAGE?

jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
edited April 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
Going to the 17th Boston show and ended up with side view of stage. Any experiences with this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Side/Behind the stage is usually not bad at most venues. Ive had it for Multiple PJ shows and i prefer it to being straight ahead of the stage far away. The sound is still loud and you get alot better visual of what the band is doing. Plus you can see Matt play. When your far away you cant see shit

Ive got 300 level for msg behind the stage and am pretty pumped for it!
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Had side of stage in Philly in 3rd level, 1st row. There was a wall of speakers right in front of us and the sound was perfectly loud & clear. And you could see all band members at all times. (Eddie tripped a few times--10/28/09). These seats were EXCELLENT!
  • Options
    great, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I've been sidestage quite a few times before- It's great! I love the floor too, and probably prefer the first 10 rows of the floor to anything else, but sidestage is awesome! It's really cool to be able to see the floor, especially during Small Town, DTE, or any song with a lot of audience participation. I somehow got a front row sidestage in front of Mike for Halloween Philly the day before the show...incredible.
  • Options
    mauausmauaus Posts: 32
    I have Side stage for MSG 1 and 2 (i just switch sides between the shows hehe)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Side of stage is great, but the only downfall is .. how low or high of seats? I say this cause when I was in NYC back in '08, night 2 we were side stage on Stone's side. The huge light that was next to Mike on the floor was in our way alot of times. If it wasn't for Mike blocking the view, it wouldn't hit our side. It was a pain in the butt many times. Wish they brang back the candles on the stage & lights from the top. I don't like the flashing lights that are places on the stage. :|
  • Options
    I had side seats for the Philly 4 show. It was great. We were just high enough to not have a problem with view (about 12 rows up) and the sound was clearer than any floor tickets I've ever had.
    5/27/06, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09 & 5/18/10
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Side of stage is great, but the only downfall is .. how low or high of seats? I say this cause when I was in NYC back in '08, night 2 we were side stage on Stone's side. The huge light that was next to Mike on the floor was in our way alot of times. If it wasn't for Mike blocking the view, it wouldn't hit our side. It was a pain in the butt many times. Wish they brang back the candles on the stage & lights from the top. I don't like the flashing lights that are places on the stage. :|

row 21.
  • Options
    not for pearl jam, but for kol and rem, i had seats RIGHT next to the stage and they were awesome! especially rem...i was almost on the fucking stage. i felt like a friend of the band.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    i think the side seats are better than some floor spots i've gotten...don't have to stand on your tip toes to try and see over (or between) freakishly tall people...
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx