Ten Club members- Deep 3 Poster Contest

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eyejacker wrote:
    can 11x17 be either portrait or landscape??? makes a big difference if you think about it....

it can be either... to a printer it makes no difference whatsoever. :)

it makes a big difference for the designer that true.. but printing it landscape/portrait doesnt matter
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • eyejacker wrote:
    can 11x17 be either portrait or landscape??? makes a big difference if you think about it....
    also and more importantly, with the 4 colors restriction, can we use gradients and transparencies so as to "blend" the 4 colors, or do they have to be 4 solid colours??? on screenprinting, when you use 4 colours you can overprint them to achieve different effects i think.....

I created a landscape 11x17inch poster... I also used a gradient...a two color gradation, I used black to greenish yellow...overlapping colors is fare play...Klausen explains this in the latest deep...if you look at the finished example, he says there were 6 colors...this included black and his gradation from black to red...
    Just for today...
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    good - i was just about to ask this; shading within colours.

Also - how about white - i need to use a few white highlights etc, but do you think this would be a 'colour' as such? I stress to much i know... been told that many times...
    impatience is a gift ........
  • zenith wrote:
    good - i was just about to ask this; shading within colours.

Also - how about white - i need to use a few white highlights etc, but do you think this would be a 'colour' as such? I stress to much i know... been told that many times...

White is the page color, no ink will be used over that area, in turn, leaving it white...only in rare cases do printers use white...
    Just for today...
  • knittedknitted Posts: 244
    White is the page color, no ink will be used over that area, in turn, leaving it white...only in rare cases do printers use white...

...so, the answer is, white doesn't count as a colour, the colours allowed are any four colours, plus white.

black, however, is a colour.

and a really great song.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • knitted wrote:
    ...so, the answer is, white doesn't count as a colour, the colours allowed are any four colours, plus white.

black, however, is a colour.

and a really great song.

thats white, I mean...yes, thats right...
    Just for today...
  • I e-mailed my design a while back but I got no confirmation or anything. Is that the normal way or can I expect a confirmation. Did anyone else get one? Sorry, first contest I enter...

well true, but im not printing a copy - it'd probably never get to them in time given the time it takes for them to get to me :/ i'll just email one in - so yea, we have 4 colours plus the page area that your colour dosent cover (assuming its white)

and casper leblanc - i never get confirmations - they'll get it ok.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    I e-mailed my design a while back but I got no confirmation or anything. Is that the normal way or can I expect a confirmation. Did anyone else get one? Sorry, first contest I enter...

i didn't get one.
    but i figured i wouldn't.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Do you 'guys' want to share some of your entries..? I would lve to see what you have done. Of course I can imagine you dont want anyone stealing your ideas...however, many ppl showed their entries on here for the last contest.

Just very curious! Goodluck you all!!

p.s. still not sure if I will enter or not...
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    So how about us Europeans (Dane here) are we allowed to enter as well?
    And does the black outline count as a colour?
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    well i got my design pretty much done - just have to color and transfer it to the 11x17 thickstock paperbook I just got this weekend. Then have it scanned and printed. Think I am just gonna send it to the 10C through the USPS, and make an extra copy for myself to keep since they don't return...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I have a friend who is a graphic designer do one. She's not really a big fan of the band but likes a challenge.
    *Hope she wins cause I would get the signed poster* ;)
  • mca47 wrote:
    I have a friend who is a graphic designer do one. She's not really a big fan of the band but likes a challenge.
    *Hope she wins cause I would get the signed poster* ;)

That is cheating my friend :)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
    mine's is done :):)

only 2 colours :D

we should post our entries anytime after 1st Jan... after closing date... so we can all have a looksie :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    dunkman wrote:

we should post our entries anytime after 1st Jan... after closing date... so we can all have a looksie :)

oh ok. i was wondering about that. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Oh I have a great idea! ...in my mind anyways...now I still have to get it on the paper...and thats where it hurts mostly :(

Well, I will show it after the 1st of Jan if I get my brainwave grounded on papyrus anytime soon.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
    Oh I have a great idea! ...in my mind anyways...now I still have to get it on the paper...and thats where it hurts mostly :(

Well, I will show it after the 1st of Jan if I get my brainwave grounded on papyrus anytime soon.
    yea, i been kinda lazy lately - i should just spend 1 evening trying to get it done. Just gotta finish some details then color.
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    why oh why dose the dead line for these things have to be so quick ! i mean it takes so long to get the Deep around the world then you have 3-4 weeks to do your entry right in the BUSYEST 3-4 weeks time of year ! it anit fair *stamps foot* :o
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    why oh why dose the dead line for these things have to be so quick ! i mean it takes so long to get the Deep around the world then you have 3-4 weeks to do your entry right in the BUSYEST 3-4 weeks time of year ! it anit fair *stamps foot* :o

this thread was started on November 16th.. thats 6 weeks and a couple o' days to get a poster done... ;)

get your kids to help ya missus... ohhhh do that thing where you draw in white crayon and then paint the sheet pink and it leaves the bit where the white crayon was and just does the paper... i used to love that as a kid.. that and doing the millions of crazy colours with crayons... paint it black and then scratch out fireworks with the edge of a scalpel... :)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    dunkman wrote:
    this thread was started on November 16th.. thats 6 weeks and a couple o' days to get a poster done... ;)

get your kids to help ya missus... ohhhh do that thing where you draw in white crayon and then paint the sheet pink and it leaves the bit where the white crayon was and just does the paper... i used to love that as a kid.. that and doing the millions of crazy colours with crayons... paint it black and then scratch out fireworks with the edge of a scalpel... :)

OOOOoooooo mister time management ! :p

thats not a bad idea after all Herb helped me with the last comp. ~ still think his sculpture of eddie made from a plastic bottle wire arms and avacardo head should have won :D

*goes off to find crayons*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Entered two posters yesterday..Maybe I'll make another...because I think I can make it better.. ;)
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

• Stereotype wrote:
    Entered two posters yesterday..Maybe I'll make another...because I think I can make it better.. ;)

So are we allowed to do more than one?
  • I've just submitted 2 entries. Having seen some of the ones already done I don't think I've a cat in hells chance ;)
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    With so many people submitting posters for this contest, I feel the band should each choose a poster that they like the most and have 6 winners. Or they could have different categories of winners, such as, BEST drawing, or Best Computer generated, or most creative. My Poster is pretty good for a guy who does not draw that much. I just love posters and had a great time making it! I dont know how Brad does so many of them
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    go here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5030317#post5030317

there are some damn good poster ideas here.

How do they do so many...well having your job be desinging stuff all day versus a labor job makes a worlds difference(in terms of Klasuen/Ames/AMEk etc)
    Did mine all by hand - about 90% done. I still have to color the background, scan, and print out. Picture doesn't do it justice...I dont think it's amazing, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out, considering I did it all by hand.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/all4pearljam/PJPoster004.jpg
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Did mine all by hand - about 90% done. I still have to color the background, scan, and print out. Picture doesn't do it justice...I dont think it's amazing, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out, considering I did it all by hand.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/all4pearljam/PJPoster004.jpg

i believe the folks over at BRY would nominate this for the Fefel Award LOL :)

http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums/index.php?showtopic=17585
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    joseppi wrote:
    So are we allowed to do more than one?

it doesnt actually say anywhere that we're not, so i guess we can take that to mean if we are keen enough to do more than one go ahead.

Ive put 3 in - yea greedy i know :rolleyes:
  • According to Santos, we're only allowed 1.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266498