*THE 2010, 2012, and 2014 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
edited November 2014 in All Encompassing Trip
SPONSORED BY MAJESTIC ATHLETIC :D

Yeah, I brought it back, cause we're winning the west this year baby!!! Also, since we know the Dodgers won't have a thread up this year :P

We managed to pick up some utility guys in the offseason, well done Sabean you piece of crap!
We better hope our pitching holds up :)
Post edited by FearTheBeard on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    As it says on my fridge ...

VAMOS GIGANTES!!!

My adopted NL team.

KUNG FU PANDA!!!!

psandoval.jpg

Surprised they resigned Molina ... thought they were going to hand the job to Posey, guess he's not ready to handle the staff ... and it's not an easy staff to handle.

Oh, and ... I AM LOOKING FOR TICKETS TO THE 3 RED SOX v GIANTS GAMES IN JUNE!

Any info on ANY tickets would be greatly appreciated (I will pay for them).

--- a displaced Bostonian.

Found it interesting that the Red Sox tickets were the most expensive tickets for the Giants this year, more than any Dodgers game or opening day.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cubs fan hear, but I gotta say, the Giants really helped themselves out this offseason, picking up DeRosa, big fan (seriously), and giving that golden armed "FREAK" some money! Definitely a contender. What did the Cubs do, uh, signed some mediocre talent and pumped some fists, but hey, this is a Giants thread, not Cubs. Anyway, big baseball fan, so just had to support the other baseball fans out there, since I don't and won't have a fan club single anytime soon...
  • SPRING TRAINING STARTS TODAY!!! :D

WOO HOO!!! LETS GO GIANTS!!
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Go Giants. I'll be seeing you on Opening Day (my very excellent Christmas present from my husband).
    So ... Pablo Sandoval was diagnosed with inferior vision and is now wearing corrective goggles while he plays.

That fucker hit .330 in his first full season with bad eye sight? :shock:

Cannot get enough of the kung fu panda!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    So ... Pablo Sandoval was diagnosed with inferior vision and is now wearing corrective goggles while he plays.

That fucker hit .330 in his first full season with bad eye sight? :shock:

Cannot get enough of the kung fu panda!

Thats impressive!

KUNG FU!!!!
  • great opening day! Lincecum looked sharp :D Now its Zito's turn to kick some ass!

HUM BABY!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    all modesty aside, I'm probably the biggest SF Giants fan on this board. that said, I seriously doubt the three of us can possibly keep this thread going for six (seven? :mrgreen: ) months! :lol::lol::lol:

IMG_1986.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'll do my part to keep this alive.

I just picked up John Bowker in my super deep roto league. I also have Buster Posey waiting on my reserves.

This team is just like last year's team, great pitching, very good bullpen ... can't hit their way out of a paper bag. A couple bright spots but, some certain dead spots, and a serious lack of power.

I'm still trying to finagle my way into opening day on Friday.

jimed14 wrote:

This team is just like last year's team, great pitching, very good bullpen ... can't hit their way out of a paper bag. A couple bright spots but, some certain dead spots, and a serious lack of power.

...which is why any comparison between the 90's Braves or 2000's A's is ridiculous.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

...which is why any comparison between the 90's Braves or 2000's A's is ridiculous.

Which is why a comparison with the early 60s Dodgers (more World Championships than the aforementioned Braves and A's combined) is relevant.
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Lincecum wins 3rd consecutive Cy Young , Matt Cain and Barry Zito runners up... as Giants win the pennant. :mrgreen:
    (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    19 hits today! Edgar 5 for 5! Cain looks good!

3-0 Giants fans!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    stickfig13 wrote:

3-0 Giants fans!

Starting the year in Houston certainly makes any team look outstanding. Man, the Asrros are awful.

• stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    jimed14 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

3-0 Giants fans!

Starting the year in Houston certainly makes any team look outstanding. Man, the Asrros are awful.

Nobody was hitting Timmy is game 1. Not even the Yankees.

I think they are a huge bat away from being a contender.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    Those batting averages are looking SWEET!!! after 3 games :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

3-0 Giants fans!

Hey, hey , hey! Let us enjoy this! :D
  • The pitching looks phenominal and the bats are coming together! :D

I hate this crap! Too stressful!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Reminds me of last year when someone on the Nationals walked out with a jersey that said NATINALS ... amazing that this can happen.

ept_sports_mlb_experts-580757579-1270709836.jpg?ymNJx8CDSl8cxACs

I hate this crap! Too stressful!

I'm the KING of SFG stress and even I'm not stressed......yet. C'mon, dude, they've played 3 games! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MA209067MA209067 Posts: 77
    5-1. This is awesome. I'm so excited about this years team. Pablo is officially on board following his break out game against the Braves today. If Huff and DeRosa can make significant contributions to the offense as the season goes on I see us winning the West. I'm going to see the boys play those LA fucks at Dodger Stadium next weekend.(Pray for me) Here's to sweeping Pittsburgh.
    Man, well worth the 4 hour wait today to get the game in ... it's a mess here in the city, can't believe they found a window to play that game.

Other than the no-doubt bomb he gave up to McCann (that thing was c-r-u-s-h-e-d), Lincecum looked fantastic. So funny that there was talk about his reduced fastball velocity, when it's his change and breaking ball that do so much of the work. It doesn't matter if he's thrwing 96-97 or 92-93 ... he's still amazing.

• Lets get another quality start from Zito tonight!! :D
  • MA209067 wrote:
    5-1. This is awesome. I'm so excited about this years team. Pablo is officially on board following his break out game against the Braves today. If Huff and DeRosa can make significant contributions to the offense as the season goes on I see us winning the West. I'm going to see the boys play those LA fucks at Dodger Stadium next weekend.(Pray for me) Here's to sweeping Pittsburgh.

I will be at Dodger Stadium on Friday Night with my Lincecum Jersey. Im just hoping I do not get shanked :? I am going with 3 Dodger fans so Im thinking I will be okay, the only problem is I have to keep my yelling down :D
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    We were at opening day on Friday - my first trip to AT&T. What a gorgeous ballpark. And even though Sanchez wasn't exactly great, the game ended up just fine. We spent way too much money at the dugout store yesterday (I'm hoping there's a Lincecum jersey for me for my birthday on Thursday - or perhaps tickets to the Dodger/Giants series this weekend) and then drove back to LA thinking we'd listen to the game on the radio - instead we got to watch it when we got home because of the rain delay.

photo_1-1-1.jpg
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I will be at Dodger Stadium on Friday Night with my Lincecum Jersey. Im just hoping I do not get shanked :? I am going with 3 Dodger fans so Im thinking I will be okay, the only problem is I have to keep my yelling down :D

Don't worry, it's not like you're a visiting fan at a Raiders game. :lol:
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"

I will be at Dodger Stadium on Friday Night with my Lincecum Jersey. Im just hoping I do not get shanked :?

Those pussies down south aren't gonna bother you.

Good to see the fat boys have begun to hit! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Sorry I was late to the game, er uh thread. Didnt know there was enough love for our Giants here.

Will keep tabs regularly!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    a lot to like about today's win (even if it was against the Pirates)!!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16