Parks and Recreation

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else watch this show? I think this season has surpassed The Office. The guy with the mustache kills me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Backspacer 76Backspacer 76 Posts: 957
    edited March 2010
    The 1st season was pretty bad.
    This season is great.
    Yes the guy with mustache is the best :D
    parks_recreation_fundo.jpg
    Post edited by Backspacer 76 on
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    one of the best mustaches on tv
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    1st season was just okay, 2nd season is fucking awesome. Ron Swanson is the man.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I think the cast is perfectly put together.
    I think the cast is perfectly put together.

They are perfect together. The Wu-Tang of comedy

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ac3ee ... -of-comedy
  • "I'm Ron f***n Swanson"

"If I wanted to bring a large number of deviled eggs, but I didn't want to share them with anyone else, could you guarantee me fridge space?"

:lol::lol:
  • is this an office spin off? I dont know how it could be since no cast member has been on the office and moved on to parks right? I just caught the last 2 minutes of last weeks episode and I thought immediately it was a spin off. They had the "sneaky documentary camera" feel that the office has, and they were talking to someone in an office, they were sitting behind a desk, the same thing we have seen with michael scott on the office a million times, I think they even, then cut to another cast member who was in a seperate room, and were talking to them privately. again, we have seen this a million times on the office.

whats the deal with this show?
  • i guess rashida jones switched over to parks, but is that the only one?
  • I fucking love this show so much now. It took me a long time to warm up to it.
  • i guess rashida jones switched over to parks, but is that the only one?

They use that same phony-documentary style of filming, but it's not a spin-off. Rashida Jones plays a different character on this show.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    is this an office spin off? I dont know how it could be since no cast member has been on the office and moved on to parks right? I just caught the last 2 minutes of last weeks episode and I thought immediately it was a spin off. They had the "sneaky documentary camera" feel that the office has, and they were talking to someone in an office, they were sitting behind a desk, the same thing we have seen with michael scott on the office a million times, I think they even, then cut to another cast member who was in a seperate room, and were talking to them privately. again, we have seen this a million times on the office.

It's not a spin off, it's just another, what they call, Mockumentary, just like The Office.

That said, it is a fucking really funny show!! love Ron Swanson, and the shoe shine guy!!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    This is my current favorite show on television. Leslie is fantastic, Ron and Tom are a riot, and I love the Office-style blueprint. And the kid that shines shoes reminds me of a few of my friends.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Great show with the exception of the Middle Eastern kid. He's pretty lame...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    this show is great! "Leslie: [My ideal man] has the brains of George Clooney and the body of Joe Biden" :lol: season 2 is wayyy better than season 1
    CServant wrote:
    I think that's the point though. That's why I love him.
  • is this an office spin off? I dont know how it could be since no cast member has been on the office and moved on to parks right? I just caught the last 2 minutes of last weeks episode and I thought immediately it was a spin off. They had the "sneaky documentary camera" feel that the office has, and they were talking to someone in an office, they were sitting behind a desk, the same thing we have seen with michael scott on the office a million times, I think they even, then cut to another cast member who was in a seperate room, and were talking to them privately. again, we have seen this a million times on the office.

Its not a spin off, its done in the same documentary style and it just has the same writing team.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    nick offerman, aka ron f*cking swanson, is on conan right now......dude is hillarious.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i love it, only seen season 1, season 2 comes out on dvd here in a few weeks, can't wait.

love aziz, he is the shit.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Great seeing this pop up

What's crackalackin!
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    CServant wrote:
    I think that's the point though. That's why I love him.

Check out his stand-up, he's pretty damn funny!
    Completely forgot about this thread.

Fucking phenomenal season

"Does your family have a history of mental illness?"

"I have an uncle who does yoga"
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

"This lawsuit is chronicles of ridiculous" :lol: Man, I love this show.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

"This lawsuit is chronicles of ridiculous" :lol: Man, I love this show.

:lol:

Best Tumblr

http://fuckyeahparksandrec.tumblr.com/
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Ann Perkins: Sexual history?

Ron Swanson: Epic and private!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You've been jammed!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    :thumbup: Nice! This show makes me happy; best cast ever! And greatest alter-egos ever, i.e. Burt Maklin/Janet Snakehole/Judy Hitler/Duke Silver :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    pureoc wrote:
    Ann Perkins: Sexual history?

Ron Swanson: Epic and private!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You've been jammed!

:lol: I think my favorites from last week were from Andy and April again:
    April: "We should sue his parents for spawning a human turd burger"
    Andy: "Sometimes when I blow my nose, I get a boner. I don't know why, it just happens...Truth Bomb!"
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    im seeing nick offerman tonight, STOKED
    Just posted in the porch but since I don't go there...

Ends tonight. Literally, one of my favorite shows ever.

RIP Harris Wittels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUcjn1CuRZI