Top 3 Shows from each year

reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 538
edited September 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
I posted this a couple of years ago on Red Mosquito and got some good responses. Figured I post it here and see what people had to say for their favorites...

'92
1) 6/18/92 - Volkshaus: Zurich, Switzerland [85]
attendance: 500
set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, State of Love and Trust, Improv (Love You Hate You), Black, Alive, (I'm Not Crazy)/Once, Footsteps, Deep, Leash, jam (Shower the People/Brass in Pocket/Meaningless), Porch, Improv/Suggestion/Garden, Rockin' in the Free World

Anyone who listens to PJ boots that arent just officially released has this show (and knows how good it is). Many best ever versions of songs, specifically the black, alive, and rockin'. Mamasan trilogy is the heat!

2) 3/02/92 - Paard, Den Haag, Holland [88m]
set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, Black, Saying No/Suggestion, Alone, Once, Porch
enc: Garden, Leash, I've Got A Feeling

My favorite IGAF (many boot versions are missing the last few minutes). Ed is having a blast with his brother on stage. Another great Porch!

3) 2/12/92 - Melkweg: Amsterdam, Holland [70m]
set: Wash, Once, Even Flow, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Black, Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Bad Mouth improv/Porch
encore: I've Got a Feeling

The energy at this show is out of hand (even more so than most '92 shows) and is obvious when watching the great video recording. Deep--> Porch is epic.

'93
1)07/14/93 - Brixton Academy: London, England [105m]
attendance: 6,426
support act: Tribe After Tribe
set: Release, Even Flow (song stopped), Blood, Animal, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror, Beast of Burden/(Suck You Dry), Alive, Black, Go, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Porch/(Tearing), Once, Garden, Blues Jam/State of Love and Trust
enc 1: Leash, Fuckin' Up, Sonic Reducer
enc 2: Indifference

This shows in my top 10 all time. My favorite Indfiference. Some of tightest playing ive heard from these guys.

2) 05/13/93 - Slim's Cafe: San Francisco, CA [110m]
attendance: 900
soundcheck: Daughter instrumental, Why Go, Blood instrumental, Rats and Release guitar warm-ups, Animal instrumental, Animal, Dissident
set: Animal, Go, Even Flow, Blood, Daughter, W.M.A., Dissident, Why Go, Alive, Hard to Imagine, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Dirty Frank/Rats, Baba O'Riley, Once, Jeremy, (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun)/Porch/(Tearing), Release, Alone, (Dirty Deeds)/Whipping, Leash, Sonic Reducer

An obvious fan favorite with tons of debuts. sick HTI with beast of burden teases. Leash rips.

3) 10/28/93 - Warfield Theater: San Francisco, CA [90m]
attendance: 2,250
support act: Rollins Band
soundcheck: Athena/long vocal jam, Rearviewmirror, Rats instrumental/Rats/jam
set: Release, Animal, Go, Blood, Even Flow, Improv (I Could Prove to You), Dissident, Why Go, Jeremy, Daughter/(The Real Me), Rearviewmirror, Once, Alive, Garden, Porch/(Tearing)
enc: My Generation, Whipping, Leash, Indifference

Not Sure Why Ive always been partial to this one. The encore is awesome though.

1)03/29/94 - Bayfront Arena: St. Petersburg, FL [120m]
support act: King's X
set: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II)/(WMA), Blood, Last Exit, Black, Alive, Porch/(Dirty Frank)
enc 1: Sonic Reducer, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Rockin' in the Free World
enc 3: Throw Your Arms Around Me

Probably my favorite show played by the band. Best. Porch. Ever. TYAAM is beautiful.

2)04/03/94 - Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA [150m]
attendance: 4,500
support act: King's X
soundcheck: (partial list) Go, Better Man, WMA (X2), Manic Depression (Jeff & Stone w/ King's X singer and drummer)
set: Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Even Flow, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II), Go, Animal, Garden, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Blood/(Not for You), WMA, Better Man, Elderly Woman, Rats, Satan's Bed, Once, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Androgynous Mind), Indifference

At this point I think everyone knows how good this show is.

3)04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA [130]
support act: Mudhoney
set: Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State of Love and Trust, Hard to Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey, My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not for You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
enc: Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, instrumental jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, I've Got a Feeling/jam

See above.

1)06/20/95 - Red Rocks Amphitheater: Morrison, CO [132m]
attendance: 9,000
support act: Bad Religion
set: Long Road, Jeremy (new), Ship Song, Footsteps, Falling Down, Better Man, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You, Go, State of Love and Trust, Daughter/(This Boy), Garden, I've Just Seen a Face (Ed solo), Alive, Whipping, Lukin, Rearviewmirror/Improv (Words Seem Out of Place), Elderly Woman, Blood
enc 1: Black, Porch, Immortality

Who doesnt love this show? most creative main set ever?

2)03/17/95 - Flinders Park Tennis Centre: Melbourne, Australia [128m]
attendance: 10,000
support act: The Meaniesset: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You/Lukin, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Stuff and Nonsense), State of Love and Trust, Why Go, Jeremy, Whipping, Immortality/Rearviewmirror, Alive, Black, Blood, Porch
enc: Go, Even Flow, Better Man, Improv (Words Seem Out of Place), Indifference, Rockin' in the Free World

Standard setlist. Show is anything but, betterman and RITFW own noob faces.

3)02/21/95 - Kosei Nenkin Kaikan: Osaka, Japan [110m]
set: Release, Go, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Lukin, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(I Don't Know About the Future), Alive, I Got Shit, Whipping, Jeremy, Animal, Blood, Improv, Porch/(Catholic Boys)
enc: Satan's Bed, Spin the Black Circle, Sonic Reducer, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror, Indifference

Show is a monster. top notch Porch

1)10/02/96 - Meadows Music Theatre: Hartford, CT [131m]
support act: The Fastbacks
set: Long Road, Hail Hail, Animal, Last Exit, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy, Red Mosquito, Black, Rearviewmirror, Lukin, Elderly Woman, State of Love and Trust, Footsteps, Alive, Blood/(Fame)/(Noise of Carpet), Porch
enc: Who You Are, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(WMA), Leaving Here, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter (with Little Wing lick)

one of the first boots i ever BOUGHT. Blood, Who You Are, and Daughter are some of my favorite versions.

2) 09/29/96 - Downing Stadium (Randall's Island): New York, NY [168m]
attendance: 30,000
support act: Ben Harper, The Fastbacks
set: Sometimes, Go, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Animal, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Lukin, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy (new), Once, Rats, Last Exit, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Shit, Black, Alive, Porch
enc 1: In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(ABitW)/(WMA), Mankind, Long Road, Leaving Here
enc 2: Off He Goes, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter

Longest show at the time. we've all heard it and its fucking killer.

3)11/07/96 - Le Zenith: Paris, France [115m]
attendance: 5,000
support act: The Fastbacks set: Wash, Hail Hail, Last Exit, Once, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Even Flow, Jeremy, Off He Goes, Animal, Daughter/(Improv)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Whipping, Alive
enc 1: Roadhouse Blues, Sometimes, Black, State of Love and Trust, Porch
enc 2: Smile, Yellow Ledbetter

One of my favorite versions of Alive. Wash opener is great and both encores kill. great story before Sometimes.

1)08/25/98 - Star Lake Amphitheatre: Pittsburgh, PA [123m]
attendance: 22,536
support act: Iggy Pop
soundcheck: long spacy jam, Whipping, Red Mosquito (w/ harmonica at end), Last Kiss, Soldier of Love
set: Throw Your Arms Around Me, Release, Brain of J, Last Exit, Corduroy, I Got Shit, Faithfull, Even Flow, Jeremy, MFC, Rearviewmirror, Wishlist, Daughter/(Outshined)/(I Wanna Live), Do the Evolution, Given to Fly, Elderly Woman, Alive
enc 1: No Way, Animal, Hail Hail, Not for You, Nothingman, Black, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Debut of No Way. All songs played very well. sweet encore.

2)06/30/98 - Target Center: Minneapolis, MN [110m]
attendance: 18,000
support act: Frank Black
soundcheck: Leatherman, Oceans, Pilate, Not for You, Leaving Here, Go (partial)
set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Brain of J, Hail Hail, Faithfull, Even Flow, Corduroy, I Got Shit, Pilate, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet)/chanting, MFC, Lukin, Wishlist, Mankind, All Those Yesterdays, Black, Alive
enc: Do the Evolution, Given to Fly, Leatherman, Better Man, Leaving Here, (My Generation Blues)/Porch!

Setlist is amazing. Playing is even better. Encore kills.

3)09/11/98 - Madison Square Garden: New York, NY [130m]
support act: Ben Harper
set: Release, Hail Hail, Animal, Even Flow, Given to Fly, Corduroy, MFC, Habit, Faithfull, Daughter/(Beginning to See the Light)/(WMA), Wishlist, Nothingman, Immortality, RVM, Brain of J, Black, Do the Evolution
enc 1: Breath, State of Love and Trust, Off He Goes, Leatherman, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Mankind, Baba O'Riley
enc 2: Indifference (with Ben Harper), Alive

First of many legendary MSG shows. More than made up for the lackluster previous night. Breath bustout was huge.

part 2 coming...
"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 538
    edited April 2010

1)09/01/00 - E-Center: Camden, NJ
    attendance: 25,000
    support act: Sonic Youth
    set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Animal, Red Mosquito, Grievance, Light Years, Dissident, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Wishlist, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Present Tense, Corduroy, Spin The Black Circle, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)/(Hold On), Black, Insignificance, Go
    enc 1: Breath, Tremor Christ, Once, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, Whipping, Do The Evolution, Crazy Mary, Porch
    enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter

In my top 5 all time. The No Code songs are flawless, best PT and RM ive ever heard. Best betterman>save it or later. Ledbetter with all the tags rules.

2)06/20/00 - Arena: Verona, Italy [139m]
    support act: Dismemberment Plan
    set: Long Road, Grievance, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Nothing As It Seems, Pilate, Given To Fly, Even Flow, O' Sole Mio, MFC, Habit, Wishlist, Daughter/(Beautiful Way), State of Love and Trust, Once, Lukin, Immortality, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: In the Coliseum improv, Black, Breakerfall, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman, Better Man, I Got You (Split Enz), Alive, Last Kiss, Porch
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Yellow Ledbetter

the band chose this as one of their avorites and i agree. reat long main set. cool encore with the waits cover and i got you.

3)10/25/00 - San Diego Sports Arena: San Diego, CA
    attendance: 13,900
    support act: Supergrass
    set: Long Road, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Whipping, God's Dice, Animal, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Wishlist, Rearviewmirror, Rival, Jeremy, Pilate, MFC, Daughter/(The Wrong Child), Soon Forget, Immortality, Insignificance, Go
    enc 1: Don't Be Shy (Ed solo), In My Tree, State of Love and Trust, Once, Elderly Woman, Black, Parting Ways
    enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter

great hometown show with high energy. dream encore. my favorite versions of parting and in my tree.

03 (i was at 7/11/03 btw)

1)05/02/03 - HSBC Arena: Buffalo, NY [164m]
    support act: Sparta
    preset: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo)
    set: Love Boat Captain, Brain Of J, Hail Hail, Save You, Corduroy, Elderly Woman, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Faithfull, Deep, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Wishlist, Green Disease, Insignificance, Black, Go
    enc 1: Free Jazz, Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Do The Evolution, Alive
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Smile, Fortunate Son, Sonic Reducer, People Have The Power
    enc 3: Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

If you haven heard this monster, then go dload it now. much better than state college, way tighter.

2)04/23/03 - University of Illinois Assembly Center: Champaign, IL
    attendance: 10,435
    soundcheck: Driven To Tears (x6), U, Deep
    set: Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Save You, Deep, Dissident, Elderly Woman, Even Flow, Jeremy, Thumbing My Way, You Are, I Am Mine, Habit, Untitled/MFC, Given To Fly, Nothingman, Blood, Porch
    enc 1: Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son
    enc 2: Blue Red Grey, Black, Alive, Baba O'Riley

This show kills from the start. Best Crazy Mary ive heard and the tightest playing of the tour. Epic.

3)03/03/03 - Budokan: Tokyo, Japan [140m]
    attendance: approx. 8,000
    set: Release, Can't Keep, Even Flow, Save You, Hail Hail, Dissident, Love Boat Captain, Elderly Woman, Given To Fly, Lukin/Not For You, Daughter/(War)/(Androgynous Mind), You Are, I Am Mine, Better Man, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Blood
    enc 1: Bushleaguer, Know Your Rights, Go, Black, U, Breath, Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: Don't Be Shy, Soon Forget, Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive

Best show of the first leg and one of the best releases. Amazing encores with matt sounding awesome

1)09/16/05 - Corel Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada
    support act: Sleater-Kinney
    Soundcheck: Ed on ukulele: You're True, Can't keep, Brokenhearted (instrumental). Full band: Don't Gimme No Lip, Wash, Leaving Here
    Ed pre-set: Last Kiss
    set: Wash, Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Brain of J, Corduroy, Immortality, In Hiding, Don't Gimme No Lip, Even Flow, Green Disease, Insignificance, I Got Shit, Jeremy, Black, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Bee Girl, I Believe In Miracles, Sleight Of Hand, Elderly Woman..., Crazy Mary, Alive
    second encore: Given To Fly, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Daughter, Harvest Moon, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Longest of the Canadian shows. first gimme no lip. First eight songs is one of the best runs ive heard these guys do.

2)09/12/05 - John Labatt Centre, London, ON, Canada
    set: Oceans, Breakerfall, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Glorified G, Black Red Yellow, In My Tree, Better Man/(Modern Girl), You Are, Not For You, Jeremy, Wishlist, Even Flow, Bleed For Me, Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Nothing As It Seems, Off He Goes, Hard To Imagine, Alive
    second encore: Go, Grievance, Elderly Woman..., State of Love and Trust, Smile, Rockin' in the Free World

Just look at the setlist. Playing was great at almost every show this tour

11/23/05 – Estadio San Carlos de Apoquindo, Santiago, Chile
    opening act: Mudhoney
    set: Given To Fly, Whipping, Animal, Save You, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Insignificance, In My Tree, Immortality, State of Love and Trust, Jeremy, Faithfull, Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop), Green Disease, Corduroy, Better Man, Porch
    first encore: Rearviewmirror, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive
    second encore: I Believe In Miracles, Rockin’ in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

I don't usually give a shit about the crowd when i'm at home, but they really drove the band this night and you can feel it on the recording. top notch stuff here.

'06 not a big fan of this tour but here's three great ones...

1)11/19/06 - Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Newcastle, Australia
    opening act: Kings of Leon
    set: Alive, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Save You, Insignificance, Unemployable, Brain Of J, Red Mosquito, Given To Fly, Last Exit, Hail Hail, Elderly Woman..., Better Man, Daughter/(War), Whipping, Leatherman, Down, Do The Evolution, Undone, Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Thumbing My Way, Masters Of War, Footsteps, Crown of Thorns, Alone, Even Flow
    second encore: Corduroy, Fuckin' Up, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter/(Little Wing)

I think most people agree this is the best of the 06 world tour.

2)09/17/06 - Forum, Milan, Italy
    support act: My Morning Jacket
    set: Go, Last Exit, Save You, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Man Of The Hour, MFC, Daughter(ABitWpII), Faithfull, Comatose, State of Love and Trust, Why Go
    first encore: Picture In A Frame, Parachutes, Black, Crazy Mary, Given To Fly, Alive
    second encore: Do The Evolution, Big Wave, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Proving once again they dont disapoint in italy. first few songs rip and picture in a frame is nicely done

08/27/06 – Reading Festival, Reading, UK
    set: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Jeremy, Grievance, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Save You, Blood, Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Soon Forget, Given to Fly, Once, Crown Of Thorns, Comatose, Alive
    second encore: Why Go, Baba O’Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

High energy all the way through and they were tight as fuck. amazing energy in encores and the opening run of six songs is so good.

06/27/2008 – Dodge Music Center, Hartford, CT
    set: Can’t Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods’ Dice, All Night, Elderly Woman…, Sad, Brain of J, Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You(Modern Girl), Daughter(Another Brick in the Wall), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch
    first encore: Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood(Atomic Dog)
    second encore: Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin’ Up, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

- From what ive heard/saw HARTFORD is the only one to really write home about. shows were fun but i wasnt really blown away by any. song selection was neat tho.

Alright whatcha got?

I'll have to update this for the '09 shows once i check em out. Also I just included the major touring years. I will also add that '94 and '98 are my favorite touring years for the band.
    Post edited by reedrothchild on
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • to the top!
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I was at Both Buffalo and State College. Buffalo was great, Stage college was legendary. You also forgot Boston 3, which was better than Buffalo, but no State College.

You also forgot 2004, I would say:
    1) Toledo (no explanation necessary)
    2) Boston 2 (I've got a feeling, alone, parting ways)
    3) Reading (First Sad ever!)
  • ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169

In my top 5 all time. The No Code songs are flawless, best PT and RM ive ever heard. Best betterman>save it or later. Ledbetter with all the tags rules.

Agreed!
  • MG79478 wrote:
    I was at Both Buffalo and State College. Buffalo was great, Stage college was legendary. You also forgot Boston 3, which was better than Buffalo, but no State College.

i was actually at Boston 3. The pre-set was legendary, but the main set was sloppy and rushed to fit the songs in. I'd honestly take the other two boston shows over it. i was at all three. and yeah state college is good, but there's a lot of flubs in there. Buffalo was perfection.
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Not a fan of the ´06 tour.......?
    I think it´s one of the best, and there are some gems to download there-
    San Diego, Pistoia, and Adelaide I comes to mind. I really like these 3 shows.

And the ´05 tours best show i by far Philly, which I think you forgot

hey but thanks, great thread this one - I hav just dusted off my old boots to listen to the ones you have listed....
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    ItsOK921 wrote:

Agreed!

Hey I was at that show.
    First time I traveled to see the band.
    Great setlist.
    REAL hot that day.
  • Röeghmann wrote:

hey but thanks, great thread this one - I hav just dusted off my old boots to listen to the ones you have listed....

Philly was a good show no doubt, but I think they were a little bit better in Canada. I think Philly always gets a few bonus points because of the rare songs and long it was, which is of course important. but not my only factor in choosing favorite. But sick show regardless.
  • the more I think about the more i love the '03 tour. so many hidden gems...

04/05/03 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater: Selma (San Antonio), TX
    attendance: 12,219
    support act: Sleater-Kinney
    soundcheck: Of The Girl, Black, U, Animal, Jeremy
    set: Of The Girl, (Interstellar Overdrive)/Corduroy, Last Exit, Love Boat Captain, Cropduster, Happy Birthday, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Wishlist, Lukin/Grievance, Animal, Given To Fly, Faithfull, Black, Insignificance, Save You, Spin The Black Circle
    enc 1: Last Kiss, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Crazy Mary, Happy Birthday, improv, Do The Evolution
    enc 2: I Am A Patriot, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter, Baba O’Riley
    notes: After ‘Cropduster,’ Ed tells San Antonio “howdy” and recognizes Mike’s birthday, playing ‘Happy Birthday’ on the uke and everyone singing. Ed modifies ‘Wishlist’: first, “… thousands of Texans hands upraised …” and a beautiful, extended ending:

04/22/03 – Savvis Center: St. Louis, MO
    soundcheck: Faithfull, Green Disease, Save You, Present Tense
    set: Present Tense, Save You, Animal, Green Disease, Grievance, Faithfull, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Sleight Of Hand, You Are, Elderly Woman, Not For You/Love Boat Captain, Wishlist, Help Help, Do The Evolution, Alive
    enc 1: Go, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Improv/Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Daughter, Indifference

04/28/03 – First Union Spectrum Arena: Philadelphia, PA
    attendance: 15,259

set: Crazy Mary, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Save You, Green Disease, Elderly Woman, Nothing As It Seems, Even Flow, Insignificance, Given To Fly, You Are, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(WMA)/(Androgynous Mind), Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Black, Do The Evolution
    enc 1: Animal, Go, Glorified G, Better Man, Alive
    enc 2: You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, Soon Forget, Jeremy, Fortunate Son, Rockin’ in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

04/30/03 – Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum: Uniondale, NY

set: Long Road, Rearviewmirror, Animal, Save You, Get Right, I Am Mine, Corduroy, Present Tense, In Hiding, Even Flow, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, You Are, I Am A Patriot, Blood, Not For You, Better Man, Porch
    enc 1: Last Kiss, Thumbing My Way, Crazy Mary, Down, Do The Evolution, Daughter/(WMA), Alive
    enc 2: Bushleaguer, Know Your Rights, Rockin’ In The Free World

set: Can’t Keep, Last Exit, Do The Evolution, Save You, Ghost, Insignificance, Cropduster, Even Flow, Grievance, Wishlist, Not For You, Whipping, Corduroy, Brain Of J, Black, Better Man, Porch
    enc 1: Elderly Woman, Daughter, Crazy Mary, I Got Shit, Down, Glorified G, All Or None, Blood
    enc 2: Last Kiss, Know Your Rights, Alive
    enc 3: I Won’t Back Down, Fortunate Son, Yellow Ledbetter
    06/13/03 – Mid-America Center: Council Bluffs, IA

support act: Idlewild

set: Arc, Save You, Hail Hail, Animal, Green Disease/Grievance, Faithfull, Cropduster, Dissident, Even Flow, Driven To Tears, Spin the Black Circle, Bushleaguer, Thumbing My Way, Love Boat Captain, Nothingman, Go
    enc 1: Better Man/(Every Day)/(Save It For Later), Daughter/(With My Own Two Hands), Down, Jeremy

06/21/03 – Alpine Valley Music Center: East Troy, WI
    attendance: 22,000
    support act: Buzzcocks
    soundcheck: Rival (1 partial; 1 complete), Smile, Leaving Here, Soldier Of Love, Evacuation (slower version), Once (partial), Romanza (Ed on acoustic), You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (ending, 2X)
    set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Green Disease, Save You, Gods’ Dice, Faithfull, Immortality, Love Boat Captain, Insignificance, Deep, I Believe In Miracles, You Are, Better Man/(Why Can’t I Touch It?), Jeremy, Even Flow, Daughter, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Go, Animal, Elderly Woman, Glorified G, Bushleaguer, Do The Evolution
    enc 2: You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Breath, Crazy Mary, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, Baba O’Riley
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter/(Little Wing)
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    come on man, 08 had great setlists and great shows. They pulled out rare gems like HTI, Who You Are, All Night, WMA, etc
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • come on man, 08 had great setlists and great shows. They pulled out rare gems like HTI, Who You Are, All Night, WMA, etc

i mean i still had fun at the '08 shows, but PJ is just better when they are doing full tours instead of little runs. Rare songs are cool, but I'll take great playing over sloppy bust outs. See Nassau '03 for a fantastic show with a meh setlist.
  • wozza77wozza77 Posts: 273
    Reading 06 one of my all time fav.
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    great picks there!
    all the shows you mention are among my faves too...

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• for 05 add 10/3/05, The Wachovia Center Philadelphia

Set 1
    Wash, Hail, Hail, Brain Of J., Spin The Black Circle, Given To Fly, Sad, Alone, Even Flow, Green Disease, Faithfull, Whipping, Not For You(Modern Girl), Leatherman, Better Man, Nothingman, Once, Bleed For Me, Blood
    Encore 1
    Around The Bend, Harvest Moon, Hard To Imagine, Crown Of Thorns, Crazy Mary, Alive
    Encore 2
    Last Kiss, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Sonic Reducer, Little Sister, Leaving Here, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

And for 03 add the Holmdel, NJ show that went in chronological order for the main set, had hunger strike, and Eddie talking about how much the venue looks like a UFO all night...

for 09, just list the Philly run cus nothing tops that
  • Awesome post. I was at one (Ottawa 05) it was as good show no doubt. I love your Tokyo pick. One of my favorites that when I saw it on the list it reinforced my love for that one. I am going to dig out some boots to throw in the car tonight based on this list. I was trying to pick a few to crank for the next couple weeks in preparation for hopefully a 2010 show that will make the list either Cleveland or Buffalo which I'll be hitting.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    seattle II 2000 HAS to be on a list like this.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • seattle II 2000 HAS to be on a list like this.

if i did a top 5 for 2000 it would be. trust me. that show smokes.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    come on man, 08 had great setlists and great shows. They pulled out rare gems like HTI, Who You Are, All Night, WMA, etc

All played at Bonnaroo!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

All played at Bonnaroo!
    yea i think bonnaroo should be on here...and columbia 8-)
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Röeghmann wrote:

I gotta agree with this guy....another vote for San Diego and Pistoria.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    GREAT thread. I want to listen to everyone you listed(except the 2 i don't have). I've collected over 500 PJ Boots, but i really haven't sat down and listen to that many. Thanks for giving me a reason to> :lol:

I just got done listening to the Zurich '92 show, and it is REALLY GOOD. The Mamason is good. Also thought that PORCH was a killer.

Oh yea, i have listen to Buffalo from '03, and i have to agree, that show is teriffic. Better(as far as peformance) then State College, though thats a GREAT show too.
  • cutz wrote:
    GREAT thread. I want to listen to everyone you listed(except the 2 i don't have). I've collected over 500 PJ Boots, but i really haven't sat down and listen to that many. Thanks for giving me a reason to> :lol:

I just got done listening to the Zurich '92 show, and it is REALLY GOOD. The Mamason is good. Also thought that PORCH was a killer.

Oh yea, i have listen to Buffalo from '03, and i have to agree, that show is teriffic. Better(as far as peformance) then State College, though thats a GREAT show too.

glad to hear you dug zurich. definitely check out the den haag show if you havent heard it. the IGAF is killer and just keeps raging...

and yeah there's just something so awesome about buffalo '03. so many standout versions for the RA tour.
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I will only list shows since boots started coming out...

00 - Seattle 2, Milan, Jones Beach 3

03 - MSG 1, Buffalo, Detroit 2

05 - Ottawa, Halifax, Philly

06 - Boston 2, East Rutherford 2, Newcastle

08 - Hartford, MSG1, MSG2

09 - Not including the Philly shows - Christchurch, Universal City 4, San Diego
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • 03 - Detroit 2, Buffalo, Uniondale
    06 - Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids
    09 - Chicago 1, Los Angeles 3, Phili 4
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    05, Borgata, Night One
    In my top 3, maybe best ever for me, IMHO.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I'd gladly trade in my times at Newcastle 06 and Philly 4 09 (not 3, no, that's untouchable) to be at Buenos Aires 1 05.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I thought the Den Haag and Melwegg shows were good, but don't touch Zurich. IGAF, from Den Haag was teriffic though.

I thought the first half of the May 13, 1993 from Slim's Cafe in San Fran was REALLY good, but kinda sluggish in the 2nd half of the show. At that time, was that ther longest show? 24 songs. Its a pretty good AUD recording. Gota agree on the Brixton Academy show(July 14, 1993) as i'm almost done listening to it now. Another good AUD recording.
  • cutz wrote:
    I thought the Den Haag and Melwegg shows were good, but don't touch Zurich. IGAF, from Den Haag was teriffic though.

I thought the first half of the May 13, 1993 from Slim's Cafe in San Fran was REALLY good, but kinda sluggish in the 2nd half of the show. At that time, was that ther longest show? 24 songs. Its a pretty good AUD recording. Gota agree on the Brixton Academy show(July 14, 1993) as i'm almost done listening to it now. Another good AUD recording.

yeah Zurich is pretty much the gold standard for that era. slim's is a little sloppy at parts, but the setlist is just nuts and the songs are played in ways they never have been since so i always end up going back to it. the daughter is so strange with the electrics and distortion. it's just a very raw show. Brixton just sounds great and it/s a great setlist with all of the version just played so tightly. love that sonic reducer and fuckin up.
  • Here's a few of my favorites;

92-95

1. Atlanta, GA 04-03-94
    2. Las Vegas, NV 11-30-93
    3. Melbourne, Australia 03-17-95

1. Great Woods, MA 09-16-98
    2. Melbourne, Australia 03-05-98
    3. Seattle, WA 07-22-98

1. Camden, NJ 09-01-00
    2. East Troy, WI 10-08-00
    3. Pittsburgh, PA 09-05-00

1. Nashville, TN 04-18-03
    2. Clarkston, MI 06-26-03
    3. Uniondale, NY 04-30-03

1. Vancouver, BC 09-02-05
    2. Philadelphia, PA 10-03-05
    3. Atlantic City, NJ 09-30-05

1. Torino, Italy 09-19-06
    2. George, WA 07-23-06
    3. Newcastle, Australia 11-19-06

1. Hartford, CN 06-27-08
    2. Manchester, TN 06-14-08
    3. New York, NY 06-25-08

1. Los Angeles, CA 10-07-09
    2. Christchurch, New Zealand 11-29-09
    3. Melbourne, Australia 11-20-09
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    MG79478 wrote:

YES I AGREE with you completely for 2003 shows... those would be my TOP 3 right there... BOSTON 3 STATE COLLEGE and BUFFALO with MSG 1 right behind them
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!