Options

there was no 10c ticketing for the VFC tour in 2004, right?

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I don't remember the option of that because of the type of tour, but can someone confirm this?
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
2018 Boston I, Boston II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 Boston I, Boston II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ANTIocmedANTIocmed Dopetown, IL Posts: 32
    ten club members were given a special presale password for each ticket agency (tickmaster, metro tix, etc.)......
    Say hello to the rug's topography..It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    That VFC pre-sale process was an utter mess and disgrace. Thankfully the 10C has never gone back to that type of arrangement for special shows. At least not that I am aware of or been involved with.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ANTIocmed wrote:
    ten club members were given a special presale password for each ticket agency (tickmaster, metro tix, etc.)......

this. ^^^

i managed to score 8th row mike's side for night 1, and 2nd row center behind the stage for night 2. great times!
    got matt's setlist night 2. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    The VFC show in St. Louis was the first time I saw pearl jam, and I remember using Metro Tix to go to the show, but I think was a special pre-sale password for Ten Club members to get their tickets early...

So from what I recall Ten Club didn't sell the tickets, but gave us the option for getting tickets early.

Heck of a Venue too for that show... The Fox Theater was amazing...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I remember that day(August 21). Wasn't a member. Couldn't get tickets from TM. Bought 9th row tix for $125 off ebay the same day.
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    The ticket situation was a mess.
    The shows were good but the process was bad. Venues were funny as well.
    Toledo Sports Arena, tickets were bad and the venue was for amature hockey or something. Great show.
    Delta Plex, Another hockey type place... small and bad seats again. Another good show.
    Silver Spurs Arena, name says it all.
  • Options
    JimMacLeodJimMacLeod Posts: 107
    When I used my pre-sale password for that tour, I ended up way up in the nosebleeds for both Boston shows. But that's probably because TicketMaster can make more money selling better seats through one of their "secondary market" companies.
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    The ticket situation was a mess.
    The shows were good but the process was bad. Venues were funny as well.
    Toledo Sports Arena, tickets were bad and the venue was for amature hockey or something. Great show.
    Delta Plex, Another hockey type place... small and bad seats again. Another good show.
    Silver Spurs Arena, name says it all.

haha, that Toledo joint was Shady as hell...great show though!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Correct. The Metrotix site went down for like 20 minutes and no one could do shit for the St. Louis date.

Unbelievably the site came back up and I fortunatley pulled off 4th row, I remember a huge up roar on the board. It was hectic.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I had 2nd row for Reading and 4th row for Toledo, but I think you had to donate to the VFC people to get those kinds of seats, if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    Oh now I remember, I think the board crashed for about a month right around the shows, because I remember all the early plans that were made never came to fruitition because nobody could reach each other. Back then, everything was planned through the message board.

I always thought it was a conspiracy on the part of the Republicans. :D
  • Options
    I had 2nd row for Reading and 4th row for Toledo, but I think you had to donate to the VFC people to get those kinds of seats, if I recall correctly.

No shit? I don't remember that. I remember having to sign up for MoveOn.com and part of the ticket price went to John Kerry's campaign I believe.

Either way if I did it was worth it. Asheville was a free fall and I was literally the last seat's on the floor and secruity got real loose and I made it 4th or 5th row. Kissimmee was another story, I had like 20th row.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

• Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Yes.It was a mess.I went to the Kississimmi Show.I bought my tickets through the presale and getting pretty lame seats.I gave them to my brother in law.I ened up buying tickets on E Bay.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    Yes.It was a mess.I went to the Kississimmi Show.I bought my tickets through the presale and getting pretty lame seats.I gave them to my brother in law.I ened up buying tickets on E Bay.

At that show I remeber some dude in a trench coat and a Bush mask hiding his seat from the floor under his coat. It was awesome, he just walked out...cracked my shit up.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

• Options

No shit? I don't remember that. I remember having to sign up for MoveOn.com and part of the ticket price went to John Kerry's campaign I believe.

Either way if I did it was worth it. Asheville was a free fall and I was literally the last seat's on the floor and secruity got real loose and I made it 4th or 5th row. Kissimmee was another story, I had like 20th row.

That's what I recall, I had my tickets, but my friend Dave (RIP) surprised me with those fantastic tickets for both shows and my understanding was you had to make a donation. You should have seen me cry when he handed me those 2nd row tickets in the hotel lobby in Reading.

I miss him. :( And think about him often.