Pearl jam in College Textbooks

poto101poto101 Posts: 382
edited December 2007 in The Porch
so i'm in a computer class that teaches you how to create a website, and the books has us create a website for a fictional record company. for the "about" section for one of the fake bands, the book has us type this into the content...

"Sure we've sold out, if selling out means subverting the system," says bassist Jimmy Hunt. "Read the words to our songs—they require thought; they address the issues facing our generation. Dissidence does not have to come from outside the system. What good would our opinions be if the music wasn't heard? Not everyone can be Foogazie; it takes a Pearl Jam to spread the message to the masses."

always nice to see little PJ references here and there
It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    not bad aside from the fact that "foogazi" is totally misspelled.
  • nice
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • not bad aside from the fact that "foogazi" is totally misspelled.

maybe because Fugazi didn't sell out to the college textbook writers...the way um, Pearl Jam did.

:p
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Was Jeff Ament a guest speaker?
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Too my my elementary ed. books don't mention Pearl Jam... just emergent readers... and stages of play... and Piaget, who studied mollusks before children...
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Is that how they spelled Fugazi in the text or was that an accident while you were posting?
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)