Options

Meet and Greet Santa Barbara

CreedDiseaseCreedDisease Posts: 241
edited March 2008 in The Porch
How long do you think it would be? Has anyone had a similar experience? I am seriously considering blowing all of my bonus on a bid. I've been a fan since the early 90's (like most of you I'm sure) and I guess I would like to know what to expect so hopefully I won't be disappointed (if I even win)... Like, what if you have 6 minutes with 6 other people and the bid stays at $1250.. you get your minute for $1250... i think I might be disappointed... How much do you think they will end up going for? Thanks for any advise or opinions...

Oh, don't think I forgot about the front row tickets to an amazing show and nice hotel stay.... but I would mostly be bidding to meet Eddie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    How long do you think it would be? Has anyone had a similar experience? I am seriously considering blowing all of my bonus on a bid. I've been a fan since the early 90's (like most of you I'm sure) and I guess I would like to know what to expect so hopefully I won't be disappointed (if I even win)... Like, what if you have 6 minutes with 6 other people and the bid stays at $1250.. you get your minute for $1250... i think I might be disappointed... How much do you think they will end up going for? Thanks for any advise or opinions...

Use your money on something else. I think meeting the band at the airport or in a restaurant, or the beach would be a cooler story than saying, I had to pay to meet Eddie....may be forced and awkward.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Use your money on something else. I think meeting the band at the airport or in a restaurant, or the beach would be a cooler story than saying, I had to pay to meet Eddie....may be forced and awkward.
    I thought about that... It sounds weird, but I am not 100% sure I would go up to any of the band if I saw them in public... I would feel like I was intruding... I don't know, I guess I wouldn't bid for the story, but for the experience... and I think I would enjoy it more if I didn't feel like a person bothering a celebrity in public, or another annoying fan.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I thought about that... It sounds weird, but I am not 100% sure I would go up to any of the band if I saw them in public... I would feel like I was intruding... I don't know, I guess I wouldn't bid for the story, but for the experience... and I think I would enjoy it more if I didn't feel like a person bothering a celebrity in public, or another annoying fan.

if you wouldnt go up to the band in public, then i would think you'd feel way more out of place having PAID to meet them. Ed is a really nice guy and if u just happen to see him randomly outside or somn, say hey. dont get all papparazzi on him or anything! be cool.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    Offer to babysit- ya know how hard it is to find a babysitter in a town where every 15 yr old is a web designer?
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Well let me tell u from experience that meet n greets can be great and they can be a total let down. I recently went to the velvet revolver one and most of the band was cool we hung out back stage in a big room and then when the band was done eating they came out and sat at a table. I thought we would be able to have some time with them, But when they came out and much to my dissappointment scott of coarse didnt come. He was the only one i hadnt met yet. So they came out sat at a table we lined up they signed what they told us one photo but i snuck some other stuff in, and then we stood behind them took a pic and then the next person came up really not much time to take and hang out. Of coarse most of them are still fucked up from the 80s but it wasnt really worth the money. Considering the fact when i saw them 2 years ago at the showbox i met them all and didnt have to pay a dime. As for PJ i have met them all except Eddie ( he is my elanor ) and they are so cool try and see them when they play with there side projects liek the flood relief show matt was so cool and down to earth i talked to him for like 5 min or so and got a whole bunch of autos, same with mike he is probley the coolest but i would save ur money. Cuz coming from experience we look at these people one way then when u see how they really are or they dont live up to ur expectations u tend to think differently u know.
  • Options
    goodrocgoodroc Posts: 118
    My advice would be if you can afford it, do it -- in the fall i bid on and won a lunch with stone when he was in NY for the Woody Guthrie Brad show-- probably the most amazing 2 hrs -- i will never forgetit- my 10 yr old daughter still talks about it (who i brought along -lunch was for 2)

taking a walk down rivington st. and ending with stone playing a classic guitar in an old vitage guitar shop not to bad either

not saying it will be like this but im sure ed will give the winner his/her money's worth