Options

Irag War Veteran Picks Pearl Jam & Eddie Amongst Other Iconic Rock Greats

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited February 2008 in The Porch
BACKSTREETS News updated February 22, 2008

IRAQ VETERAN FINDS INSPIRATION IN "DEVILS"
A new documentary called Body of War focuses on Tomas Young, a veteran of the war in Iraq who was shot and paralyzed his first week serving there. Young himself selected the music for the film's soundtrack, Body of War: Songs That Inspired an Iraq War Veteran, and as Billboard.com reports, Springsteen's "Devils & Dust" will lead off disc two of this two-CD set. Other artists include Against Me!, Public Enemy, Tom Waits, and John Lennon, along with some of Bruce's Vote for Change tour mates: Bright Eyes, Neil Young, Pearl Jam, and Eddie Vedder, who contributed a new original.

It's a very personal collection of music, as Young previously told Billboard.com: "The songs collected here are the sounds that have helped to inspire me and keep me going as I struggle to find the strength to deal with my new physical limitations while trying to find the energy to fight when many parts of my body and brain are telling me to stop....Each song you hear you're hearing because I found a meaning in it that helped focus a number of emotions and turn them into something that I hope will ultimately be positive."

The CD set will be released on March 18 from Sire, and an LP version on April 15, with all proceeds to benefit Iraq Veterans Against the War.
-February 22, 2008
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    We are at war in Irag as well--damn it.

Just kiddin. Thanks for the post. Very cool.