Avocado

GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Taste so good right now.
Always kind of enjoyed the taste
But recently, i've grown to love it.
:shifty:
Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Gave the Avocado for a spin today as well. The first five songs just kick major ass.

Life Wasted, Worldwide Suicide, Comatose, Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand

Fantastic.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I love slicing avocados up and putting the slices in my burritos mmmm
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Gave the Avocado for a spin today as well. The first five songs just kick major ass.

Fantastic.
    yes!
    ive always loved the first 6, but recently ive really come to appreciate Unemployable and Inside Job. And Army Reserve is great too...

I get blt pita pit with extra avocado... money!
  • the first half of it would make one of the best EPs from the band. Life Wasted, Comatose, Parachutes and Severed Hand are great additions. the second half is an abortion of hamfisted lyrics and vanilla midtempo crap that i try to remove from memory.

but im all about the first half right now.
    MrSmith wrote:
    the first half of it would make one of the best EPs from the band. Life Wasted, Comatose, Parachutes and Severed Hand are great additions. the second half is an abortion of hamfisted lyrics and vanilla midtempo crap that i try to remove from memory.

but im all about the first half right now.
    This is exactly how I used to feel. Mr Smith, you don't like Army Reserve or Inside Job?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    good record
    I can do without gone, comeback and inside job though-I always skip em

the rest is very very good
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    I love all of it.

The actual fruit... I don't care much for.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Will add one of these fruits in tonight's vega taco bonanza meals.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Someone in a thread about a year ago stated that "Avocado is a masterpiece."

I could not agree more.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• HUGE fan of the food and the album. HUGE.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Gmoney wrote:
    Taste so good right now.
    Always kind of enjoyed the taste
    But recently, i've grown to love it.
    :shifty:
    Funny you should mention, we too spun it this weekend while chilling on the porch and hot tubbin. It had been "lost" since our last travel in December. My bad but it was fun getting into it again and for me most especially Marker my favorite. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" for sure
  • Gave the Avocado for a spin today as well. The first five songs just kick major ass.

Fantastic.

don't sleep on Army Reserve or Gone!!! those are 2 of my fav's!!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,662
    Its a great record,

comeback ranks in their very best songs for me.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Hmmm.. this is probably my LEAST played Album!...Still Good though...:)
  • Pretty good album, but not a big fan of WWS, or Gone. Oh, and the production sucks! It's an unfortunate victim of the "loudness wars". Come on PJ, you can do better (see Riot Act production). Please no more "loud" albums, it doesn't make the album better! Far from it actually.
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
    I used to come on the porch and rip Avocado!! I just never understood what they were trying to do with it. I still don't get the over all feel that I do from Yield, Binaural or Riot Act, but I'm really starting to understand what it is. It's an underrated piece of fruit!! And Pandora, per usual, well said: ""Absence makes the heart grow fonder"
    Pretty good album, but not a big fan of WWS, or Gone. Oh, and the production sucks! It's an unfortunate victim of the "loudness wars". Come on PJ, you can do better (see Riot Act production). Please no more "loud" albums, it doesn't make the album better! Far from it actually.
    I agree with this. Not a fan of the production. I think BOB could have done wonders with this if he didn't cheese it up like he did on BS. Actually, they should have hired me to produce it ;)
  • Gmoney wrote:
    Pretty good album, but not a big fan of WWS, or Gone. Oh, and the production sucks! It's an unfortunate victim of the "loudness wars". Come on PJ, you can do better (see Riot Act production). Please no more "loud" albums, it doesn't make the album better! Far from it actually.
    I agree with this. Not a fan of the production. I think BOB could have done wonders with this if he didn't cheese it up like he did on BS. Actually, they should have hired me to produce it ;)

Oddly enough Adam Kaspar did a great job with Riot Act (not saying it's their best album, but it's produced nicely), but he really F**ked up Avocado.

What is it with all of these "loud" albums anyway? The Chili Peppers are one of the worst offenders (or Rick Rubin??).
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Bad production. Hurts my ears. Sort of bad vocals. Backspacer has some of theese problems to, but not nearly as much.

Fan of some songs, other lacks power (due to struggling voice) and doesn't hook me (Marker in the sand being one example).

The moody production of Riot Act is great. If you want something being hard and clean - produce it like Vitalogy. Avocado should have had that sound to it with its roaring/aggresive vocals.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    well you guys all talk the talk as wannabee producer experts.... :lol::lol::lol:
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    well you guys all talk the talk as wannabee producer experts.... :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: no shit right!

sorry PJ hurt all of you big time producers with your million dollar ears! :lol::lol::lol:
  • I think it has some of their lamest songs on it (Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Gone, Come Back), and it's highly overrated as far as Pearl Jam albums go. Some songs are very good, but it's not an album I go back to. Give me Riot Act anyday.
    pdalowsky wrote:

sorry PJ hurt all of you big time producers with your million dollar ears! :lol::lol::lol:

its fucking hilarious isnt it??

i love it how these threads go down the production avenue and always flush out the riot act lovers
  • :thumbdown:

How the hell do you all NOT hear the production problems on Avocado? F y'all for real. The album is BY FAR Pearl Jam's wost produced album. Anyone that knows the slightest thing about music should know this, it's not rocket science. Where are the subtleties on the album? There are none b/c every goddamn instrument is turned up as loud as it can be. Before y'all make anymore asinine comments, please read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war
  • pdalowsky wrote:

I think it's still a piece of shit album REGARDLESS of the production. You can't polish a turd.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

i love it how these threads go down the production avenue and always flush out the riot act lovers

You don't need to be a producer or an expert to have opinions. And all you need is an internet connection to be an idiot, as shown by yourself.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

You don't need to be a producer or an expert to have opinions. And all you need is an internet connection to be an idiot, as shown by yourself.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:yawn:
  • its fucking hilarious isnt it??

idiots are the ones who think self titled is a bad album....oh well...you just can't teach a person how to have good taste like me! :mrgreen:
  • pdalowsky wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:yawn:

I don't like you. Seriously, what's your deal? We're talking about Avocado, and you're just being a dick man. I ask a simple question about why things have to be so "loud" now, and you're a complete smart ass.
    [/quote]

I don't like you. Seriously, what's your deal? We're talking about Avocado, and you're just being a dick man. I ask a simple question about why things have to be so "loud" now, and you're a complete smart ass.[/quote]

Im sorry for not agreeing with you, I enjoy the album, its really that simple...

is it too loud? No not for me, marker in the sand sounds great to me, its a different sound but thats not always a bad thing, sure Pj have evolved over time, they listen to their producers, put their input in and proudly give us their results.

too bad you dont like me, you dont know me, but if you can make such a judgement that easily I cant say I'm too upset.

still I like advocado....