What is the worst film you've ever seen?

cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
All this talk about good films seems to warrant a discussion of the dark side.....I saw briefly that someone around here mentioned seeing "The Room" the other day. This is possibly one of the worst I have ever seen, but in an AWESOME kind of way.
Actual line from the film: I got the results of the test back. I DEFINITELY have breast cancer.
This is also basically never mentioned again. The whole film is just bizarre and amazing and best watched under the influence of anything you can get your hands on.

HOWEVER, the WORST movie I have ever seen would have to be "Burn Hollywood Burn"....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118577/
Just unwatchable in the worst way. And I actually made it all the way through and couldn't tell you what happened.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hmm, The Family Stone springs to mind instantly.

I've seen so many horrible movies it's hard to filter them out of my brain...
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Starship troopers
    Starship troopers
    You know that movie has 2 or 3 sequels that probably should have been mentioned first, right?
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    The Phantom Menace.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    2 worst movies i can think of...

Ghost Ship - wow... now THAT is a piece of crap

A.I - Spielberg tried REAL hard to recreate a heart felt movie like E.T. I went to the theater to see this with my cousin and fell asleep during it at some point. He woke me up at the end and I asked what happened and i thought he was messing with me when he was telling me about some aliens that rescued the robot boy to learn about humans... this is probably the most drawn out movie ever made.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Rygar wrote:
    Starship troopers
    You know that movie has 2 or 3 sequels that probably should have been mentioned first, right?
    I was interviewing someone the other day and I asked them what their favorite movie was and why (cheesy yes - but I find it is a good interview question to help relax people and then you can see who they really are). The guy actually said "starship troopers"....and he was dead serious.
  • Hands down, "The Love Guru" ... absolutely terrible.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    the Jackyl.. I almost asked for my money back.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Rygar wrote:
    Starship troopers
    I was interviewing someone the other day and I asked them what their favorite movie was and why (cheesy yes - but I find it is a good interview question to help relax people and then you can see who they really are). The guy actually said "starship troopers"....and he was dead serious.
    Lol!
    Rygar wrote:
    Starship troopers

the shower scene saved that movie! ;)

haha, just kiddin.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    seen a lot of bad movies so hard to say but of the films i saw recently ... 2012
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Battlefield earth
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    lephty wrote:
    2 worst movies i can think of...

Ghost Ship - wow... now THAT is a piece of crap

A.I - Spielberg tried REAL hard to recreate a heart felt movie like E.T. I went to the theater to see this with my cousin and fell asleep during it at some point. He woke me up at the end and I asked what happened and i thought he was messing with me when he was telling me about some aliens that rescued the robot boy to learn about humans... this is probably the most drawn out movie ever made.

I'm gonna have to disagree about AI....I think it is actually a far greater movie than I originally thought and I am definitely not a huge Speilberg lover. This could also have something to do with the fact that my husband practiced his lecture to his Intro to Film students on this film to me first. :lol:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Troll 2

Worst film ever but its so bad thats its actually one of the best films as it soo funny!
    Brisk. wrote:
    Troll 2

Worst film ever but its so bad thats its actually one of the best films as it soo funny!

One of my all time favorites!!

Confession: I kind of love bad films.

Anyone see the remake of The Wicker Man with Nic Cage from a few years back? AWESOMELY TERRIBLE.
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band by the bee gees and i think peter frampton? not only is the 'story' extremely lacking but you get people like george burns and steve martin singing a beatles song, though, the worst had to be the runt bee gee singing 'i want you (she's so heavy)'
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Shadow of the Vampire was excrutiatingly drawn out and boring.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band by the bee gees and i think peter frampton? not only is the 'story' extremely lacking but you get people like george burns and steve martin singing a beatles song, though, the worst had to be the runt bee gee singing 'i want you (she's so heavy)'

Oh....along these lines "Head" the Monkees film could definitely be a contender.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    The Bully - ugh - unwatchable
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Teen Wolf 2... I remember seeing it when I was like seven or eight in the theater and being so excitied because the first is a classic... and then being horrified! I made a promise to myself during the boxing montage I said "you are seven years old and this is the worst film you will ever see in your life. and it has been true thus far
    theboxorthebag
    BinFrog wrote:
    Shadow of the Vampire was excrutiatingly drawn out and boring.

I used to really love this film when it first came out and I reviewed it for the college paper. Now....I'm not so sure I'd like it at all if I watched it again.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    The worst movie I have seen receently would be Alice in Wonderland. While the 3D effects were cool, I really could not wait for that movie to end. The Tron Legacy preview was the best part.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

cdp1223 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Troll 2

One of my all time favorites!!

Confession: I kind of love bad films.

Anyone see the remake of The Wicker Man with Nic Cage from a few years back? AWESOMELY TERRIBLE.

haha, oh man! that nick Cage movie was the worst! You're right, it was laughable, and almost so bad it was amusing. After I saw that, I figured he'd never work again, ugh!
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    cdp1223 wrote:

Oh....along these lines "Head" the Monkees film could definitely be a contender.

Yeah, but Head is so bad that it's good.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    the troll 2 mention reminded me of a youtube clip i watched a month or so ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwD4jTo3GE
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and this one, whatever movie it was looks hoooooooooooorrible just watching this clip was hard enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcspfj9U ... re=related
    don't compete; coexist

i wouldn't say it was the worst i've ever seen but i thought district 9 was pure shit. it started off good but just dragged on and on and even though i wasn't on the edge of my seat or anything when it ended, finally, i was like that's it???? all that for this?

WHAAA? You're crazy man! I loved it! :lol:
    Oh......House of the Dead!!!!

Tuurrrrible, just turrrible.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    There are way too many terrible movies out there to decide on just one that is the absolute worst. The most recent one is "Dear John". I went to see it with my gf on Valentines Day and I fell asleep. Just God awful. Terrible acting. The guy in it, I think Channing Tatum?? It was painful to watch him attempt to act. Even my gf hated it and she usually loves shit movies like that.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Manos: The Hands Of Fate
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10