Could we have signed posters to like tool

evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Just saw tool in Everett. Knowing that they were going to have posters i got there nice and early. As i got to the merchs table i asked for a psoter they said do u want a plain one or signed one. I was like what and to my surprise they had a limited edition signed ones by the whole band for only 75$ Wouldnt that be awesome if PJ did that for the diehard poster fans that get there early and miss all the fun pre parties to get there posters a little extra treat u know..
By the way anyone else go to the tool show in everett and get a signed one do u know how many they had
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Yeah I heard that Tool was doing that. That's a pretty cool idea. Although if we were able to buy signed posters what would the incentive be to create a poster for the Deep contest.
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    Just saw tool in Everett. Knowing that they were going to have posters i got there nice and early. As i got to the merchs table i asked for a psoter they said do u want a plain one or signed one. I was like what and to my surprise they had a limited edition signed ones by the whole band for only 75$ Wouldnt that be awesome if PJ did that for the diehard poster fans that get there early and miss all the fun pre parties to get there posters a little extra treat u know..
    By the way anyone else go to the tool show in everett and get a signed one do u know how many they had

It's crazy trying to get a PJ poster at a show these days …..even a crappy poster .....it would fucking insane trying to get a signed one!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

Is it actually signed by the band in ink, or is it automatically signed by a machine or something?
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    ben harper did the same thing at the seattle show.....

imagine the flippers bright eyes on the signed one :D
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    What about one with art from a member of the band as well ... that went for $400 ... this from Victoria ...

http://www.expressobeans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15129
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408

Woulda been nice if they didn't add such a premium for their autographs!
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Is it actually signed by the band in ink, or is it automatically signed by a machine or something?
    IT IS ACTUALLY SIGNED THEY ARE IN DIFFERENT COLOR PENS THEY EACH USED IT LOOKS SWEET
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    i think it's like 20 for a reg poster, 75 for a signed, and 400 for one with art and signed. Tool's prices are always so high. Like 45 for a t-shirt compared to pj's 25-30, which is still up there... But Tool doing this is kinda money grubbish (is that even a word) from my perspective.

I think there's only like 3 w/art and maybe 10ish signed.

It would be nuts if PJ did this, i say they should stick with giving the signed ones to charity.

Side note- to me an autograph only means somthing if you get it while meeting them...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• memememe Posts: 4,693
    They could do this to add to the charity fund made up of that extra dollar we pay for tickets. Signed posters are 25 bucks more and the money goes to that organization. Although it would be annoying to see those flipped and someone else making a lot more money off of them.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    TOOL are well-known within the music biz as money-grabbing tools!
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    TOOL are well-known within the music biz as money-grabbing tools!

come to think of it, compare fan clubs, pj 25$, tool i know has like 3 teirs, 50, 150, and 300$, not sure of all the benefits but what could they offer for that much??
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Sure shirts may have been 40 dollars but i would rather get a shirt made of nice quality cotton and actually fits then some shirt that is to small in the arms and the waist The only thing bad about pj is there shirts they arent made for bigger people. my gorge shirt from them at the venue was a xl and fit like a small.