Guitar Hero: Pearl Jam Edition

Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Wouldn't that be amazing! Aerosmith Edition is strictly all Aerosmith songs spanning their career; comes out in June. I'm not a fan enough to buy, but I'll definately rent it. A Pearl Jam Edition would be the best gift to Guitar Hero
2005: Borgata 2, Philly
2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
2012: Made in America
2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
2015: Global Citizens
2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I usually don't buy this 'selling out' crap but I think that would be a step too far. I love the fact that Life Wasted and Even Flow are in the Guitar Hero games, and I have a blast playing them. But I dunno, a whole game seems a bit exsessive. Personally, I think Aerosmith is a joke.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Wouldn't that be amazing! Aerosmith Edition is strictly all Aerosmith songs spanning their career; comes out in June. I'm not a fan enough to buy, but I'll definately rent it. A Pearl Jam Edition would be the best gift to Guitar Hero

i saw this, interesting concept by the makers of guitar hero...i guess they had to do something to counter Rockband which is awesome

i think i might just purchase this and if they were smart they would do a Pearl Jam that would fly off the shelf..haha
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    i guess they had to do something to counter Rockband which is awesome
    I don't think that GH can win the battle. Rock Band definitely one-uped them and with their downloadable content I don't see how GH can come back.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    ehh, that idea os ok. that would never happen. if they released that, 90% of the gamer people would just be like "pearl jam?!? i thought they broke up"
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I think it would sell great.
    I think there alot of older people that play rock band, not just teens. By older i mean the kids that grew up to PJ.
    Everyone seems pretty excited that Nevermind is coming out for RB.
  • ehh, that idea os ok. that would never happen. if they released that, 90% of the gamer people would just be like "pearl jam?!? i thought they broke up"

Not true! There's tons of people on the RockBand forums (including me) who are demanding Pearl Jam for some downloads. My gut is that it won't happen for a while if it happens at all. I'd love to see something like what Aerosmith did for PJ in the GH series. Doubt that'll happen, too. I think this is GH's attempt to counter RockBand's plans on releasing full albums (The Who's "Who's Next" is coming soon, so is Nirvana's "Nevermind", and I think a Grateful Dead album???). RockBand is a lot of fun and I think GH won't be able to take them down.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    here's an alternative idea.. buy a real guitar, spend all the time you spend playing guitar hero practicing, and soon enough, you'll be able to play a bunch of pj songs.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    DPrival78 wrote:
    here's an alternative idea.. buy a real guitar, spend all the time you spend playing guitar hero practicing, and soon enough, you'll be able to play a bunch of pj songs.

Hooray for anti-GH guitar elitists!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    DPrival78 wrote:

You haven't lived until you hear Life Wasted acoustic on a GH guitar. Passion.

I have the good fortune of sucking at both the real guitar and Guitar Hero.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • muppet wrote:
    Personally, I think Aerosmith is a joke.
    not to criticize, but aerosmith has been around for 38 years... how again is that a joke? maybe the last few albums when they tried to stay contemporary, but this band is classic rock at its finest...
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Aerosmith needed to stop making music after that album with the pierced cow nipple. everything they make now is an epic soundtrack love song. don't wanna miss a thing... i don't wanna hear ever again.

as for PJ songs, i really hope they add to Rockband.

also, isn't Harmonix the creator or whatever of Guitar Hero and Rockband?
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    if GH wants to keep up with Rock Band they need to start having songs on the market place every week.

we don't have Rock Band here in Australia yet but depending on the price i can see it being a big seller, i think if it's much over $200 australian it might be a slow seller.

but as for the GH:Aerosmith it also has other band:

Activision just announced Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, a version of the bestselling title that features songs from the 38-year-old band, as well as a selection of music from bands that have either toured with or been inspired by them.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • At think at this point in their career, they have pretty well cemented themselves as "non-sellouts," and oking things like a guitar hero PJ edition would be straight up something for the fans. I would love it!:

Ten Stage
    Once
    Why Go
    Porch
    Garden
    Encore: Deep

Vs Stage
    Go
    Animal
    Dissident
    Blood/Leash Maybe
    Encore: RVM (awesome!)

Vitalogy Stage
    Last Exit
    STBC
    Whipping
    Corduroy
    Encore: NFY

No Code Stage
    Hail Hail
    Smile
    Red Mosquito
    Lukin/Habit Maybe
    Encore: In My Tree (Then My life would be complete)

Yield Stage
    BOJ
    GTF
    MFC
    In Hiding
    Encore: DTE

Binaural Stage
    Breakerfall
    God's Dice
    Evacuation
    Greivance
    Encore: NAIS (sweet)

Riot Act Stage
    I Am Mine
    You Are
    Help Help
    1/2 Full
    Encore: Save You

PJ Stage
    WWS
    Severed Hand (kick ass)
    Big Wave
    Army Reserve
    Encore: Inside Job

Special Stage
    Alone
    SOLAT
    I Got Shit
    YL
    Encore: Dirty Fuckin Frank!

This game would kick so much ass. Do it PJ!
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    That would be completely amazing... as if I wasn't already addicted enough to xbox!!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    I beleive The Who are going to have their own rock band game as well.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    DPrival78 wrote:

but whos gonna play drums bass and sing?
    i like sound...
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    not to criticize, but aerosmith has been around for 38 years... how again is that a joke? maybe the last few albums when they tried to stay contemporary, but this band is classic rock at its finest...

Yeah, they've been around for 38 years, I'm aware of that. I just think their best days are behind them and they are almost a parody of what they were. Their early stuff is good but I just think their recent stuff is stale and inferior.

Just a matter of taste.
  • I'm waiting for this game to come out. It's like GH except you use your real guitar, and you have to actually play it.

http://gizmodo.com/352800/guitar-rising-for-real-guitar-heroes
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.