halluciogenic recipe

fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Anyone out there got a copy of this? Don't know if I got ripped-sure I did, but I paid liberally back in the 90s for one of these. For those who don't know what it is, it's a 5 disc set in a very nice hard plastic bifold that measures approx 12"x6". I want to purchase a mint copy of this if anyone has any info-ebay no help. Thanks

Jeremy
BHAM 98
BHAM 03
ATLANTA 03
LOLLA 07
ROO 08
EV SOLO Memphis
EV SOLO ATL 1
Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    fsunoles30 wrote:
    Anyone out there got a copy of this? Don't know if I got ripped-sure I did, but I paid liberally back in the 90s for one of these. For those who don't know what it is, it's a 5 disc set in a very nice hard plastic bifold that measures approx 12"x6". I want to purchase a mint copy of this if anyone has any info-ebay no help. Thanks

Jeremy

I paid about $100 or maybe a little more back in 1995. Left it at a person who I am no longer friends with house. Hope they enjoy it!! :mad: :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    fsunoles30 wrote:

I thought the ones that were worth anything were those that came in the cardboard box. I was always under the impression the ones in the gatefold were a knockoff 2nd edition type thing that didnt hold much value? Anyone know what I am talking about?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    fsunoles30 wrote:

I thought the ones that were worth anything were those that came in the cardboard box. I was always under the impression the ones in the gatefold were a knockoff 2nd edition type thing that didnt hold much value? Anyone know what I am talking about?

The one I bought was in the big cardboard box with jewel cases and a booklet. Not sure about the others.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    There's a thread i had a while ago on this. The real version comes with a booklet along with the 5 cd's in jewel cases and the cardboard box. I got ripped, traded a poster or 2 for a box and 5 burnt cd's, and no booklet. Be careful of the ones on ebay too, im sure there's a lot more like the one's i got than the originals.

hope that helped and -
    pm me if you have any more questions.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    mookie9999 wrote:

The one I bought was in the big cardboard box with jewel cases and a booklet. Not sure about the others.
    thats the one i have, too
    try a used cd/record store
    got mine at one for 80$ two years ago and its in Excellent condition
    they let me open it up and check the discs and all was good :)
    and real
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    would anyone post this on megaupload or burn them for me in trade for a few bootlegs, never heard of it. very interested. pm me or reply.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Ive never heard of this.
    What is it?
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • I think i paid $90 for my copy from Ernies Music in Charlotte, NC back in late '94 early '95.

I still have the box, the booklet, and the CD cases, but with the exception of "the green river demos" CD, all my beautiful Alley Kat discs are gone.
    :(

Stolen with the rest of my CDs when i was like 16. (96)
    sigh.

Some super nice soul on here was kind enough to send me burned disc copies a few years back, of course those have all sense "wandered off" to friends and whatnot.

Nothing that can't really be had other places, though some of the demo versions of songs from the Vs sessions were great. I remember when that nice girl sent me the replacements, how i listened to the Live in Las Vegas disc and how shitty the quality of the bootleg was.

Best thing in that box were the MLB demos and the Bad Radio demos for sure. Next would be the Vs shit. Green River & Stone Demos are "cool".

:D

tracklist
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • I received "the recipe" from a boyfriend of mine that knew how much I love pearl jam. It was on my nightstand in my special drawer. Unfortunately, I have alot of visitors thru my home and one of those scumbags stole it. :mad:
    so boys......where do you want me?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Hey, just keep an eye on ebay, must have been 5 gone in the last 5 months, never for more than $100 also, I paid $100 for mine a year ago and its mint
  • I traded a Pitts 06 Ames and got mine....ha
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    genevieve wrote:
    Ive never heard of this.
    What is it?

http://members.tripod.com/~rcannon/halluciogenic.html

Cant find the pics of the box right now. This is what was on the discs, it came in a cool long box with a booklet that had something written about each disc and what was on it. Made by "Alley Kat Records" I *think*. Will have to look at mine to be certain. Anyhow, NOT and official thing by any means, but one of the more sought after bootlegs out there at one time. I know when I bought mine in 95, I paid about $125 for it. They are cool to have if you have to have EVERYTHING, but copies will suffice if you are just curious as to what is on the discs. imho :)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Wow
    I would really like this.
    Is it possible that anyone would be able to burn me the disks and send em my way? I would pay the cost of disks and shipping of course. I dont have any really good trades that most people dont already have. But feel free to ask if there is something you are looking for.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    genevieve wrote:
    Wow
    I would really like this.
    Is it possible that anyone would be able to burn me the disks and send em my way? I would pay the cost of disks and shipping of course. I dont have any really good trades that most people dont already have. But feel free to ask if there is something you are looking for.

send me a pm with your info.

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    One of the best PJ deals I ever got. Found it in a record store in Burlington, VT back in the spring of 95 for like $120 and decided not to buy it. Went back over the summer and they still had it, marked down to $50. Sold!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    i think i got mine, the real deal, for $75 in 1995 in West Lafayette, In.
    Never let anyone close enough to play them, let alone be able to steal it.
    I'd slaughter a man if he tried to take it. :D

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)