Options

your fav concert venue ?

Comments

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    The Eden Project down here runs sessions in the summer and the atmosphere is amazing, and it it's a great if odd venue.
    http://www.edenproject.com/sessions/index.php
    http://www.edenproject.com/visiting-ede ... &pagenum=0

I like the smaller old theatres/ballrooms as venues :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    i have never been there but i bet it would be # 1

red rocks

note to self....IF PJ play there soon you MUST go :)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    i have never been there but i bet it would be # 1

red rocks

note to self....IF PJ play there soon you MUST go :)

now that would be a hard ticket to get. Phish played 4 nights there this summer, and secondary market prices were insanely high

out of the places I've been, SPAC is my favorite, tucked away inside of a state park is amazing.
  • Options
    bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    kazuki.k wrote:
    thanks :) everyone. I'm looking forward to reading these tonight.
    My dream is to go to the concert of pearl jam in America(or except Japan).
    Your opinions are helpful to me:)

And,
    There are too many bootlegs,usually,I can't decide what to get...
    so, i sometimes decide by venue or place-name..for example..MSG, Seattle etc
    someday, I'd like to go MSG :!:

We dream alike Kazuki ;) only I dream to see them in Europe or even Japan. I have yet to be disappointed at any show I have ever been to and I don't think I ever will. Some of the best shows I have ever seen have come at the most unexpected venues. Hope to see you in the states at a show sometime soon! :D
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Alpine Valley would be my fav outdoor- runner up Jones Beach except what's up with the alcohol?
    Fox Theatre for a local fav here in Atlanta- love the starry night ceiling and ornate feel of days past.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Probably SPAC or Jones Beach
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    I've always been a huge fan of amphitheatres . . . there's something about being out in the open air during the summer and watching your fave band (or any band) play . . . I've only ever really seen shows at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, but I'm sure most amphitheatres are similar..... although based on pics I've seen of The Gorge, that may be the greatest outdoor venue in the world.

Smaller venues are amazing too, which a lot of bands seem to be trying out nowadays (i.e. theatres with capacities of 1,500 or so.....)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    Out of the 100+ venues around the world i've had the pleasure of watching bands play i'd have to say that Glasgow Barrowland is hands down the best concert venue for the combination of atmosphere, acoustics, etc.

Sadly, as the capacity is less than 2,000 it's unlikely we will ever see the mighty PJ play there. :(
    'Everything has changed but absolutely nothing's changed'

New York: 09-10-98; London: 05-29-00; London: 05-30-00; Glasgow: 06-03-00; Dublin: 08-23-06; Reading: 08-27-06; Virginia Beach: 06-17-08; Washington: 08-16-08 (EV); Seattle: 09-21-09; Philadelphia 10-31-09; Bristow: 05-13-10; Belfast: 06-23-10
  • Options
    O.A.K.A - Greece

ACDC_OAKA_6.jpg

Likavitos - Athens

likavitos-theatre.jpg

Epidavros Theater

epidaurus.jpg

Dimitris wins. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Alpine Valley is the most magical place...
    Loved the Ryman, the Memphis Orpheum, and the Wiltern when I saw Ed's solo tour..

Never been, but I imagine The Gorge and Red Rocks are amazing as well.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pearljam= maui arts and cultural center

nyc = roseland or the beacon
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    Some of the venues in Australia are pretty ordinary especially some of the arenas, especially Sydney. Eastern Ck is a raceway along way from anywhere but it has a natural ampithearte where they played in 1995. The Gorge looks such a nice place to be even if PJ were not playing & MSG is all about the history. Surprised no one has mentioned Verona.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    therk17 wrote:
    It was the Spectrum.

the spectrum sucked for concerts, IMO, except for the PJ shows. I never liked it, sound was almost always pretty bad, venue itself was a kind nasty.

In philly i like the Electric Factory (most of the time) or the TLA.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    therk17 wrote:
    It was the Spectrum.

the spectrum sucked for concerts, IMO, except for the PJ shows. I never liked it, sound was almost always pretty bad, venue itself was a kind nasty.

In philly i like the Electric Factory (most of the time) or the TLA.

Philly III I seriously thought I was going to die in a crush of PJ fans in the concourse before the show (what a way to go) or at least piss myself waiting in the stairwell for the bathroom. Glad I had a chance to see the place. Lots of history...but not especially modern and convenient.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    brixton academy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Deer Creek
    The Fabulous Fox St Lou
    The Pageant
    outdoor stage at Harrahs/Louisville,KY

Outdoor shows are the best for PJ. Usually with a band of their nature Id say indoors, but there is a certain naturistic(that a word?) earthiness in their music that goes just right with a glorious summer night. The sound doesn't seem to mash all together either and that is most important to me.
  • Options
    merriweather post pavilion
  • Options
    my fav venue?............ where ever the fuck i get to see them play!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    my fav venue?............ where ever the fuck i get to see them play!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    indoors: hampton

outdoors: the gorge
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Red Rocks, Red Rocks, Red Rocks! Been to the Gorge, and while beautiful, it doesn't compare...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    c'mon...i been to both too

rr is completely awesome but its got NOTHIN on the backdrop of the gorge
  • Options
    c'mon...i been to both too

rr is completely awesome but its got NOTHIN on the backdrop of the gorge

That's true on the backdrop, but that's about it. The acoustics at Red Rocks can't be beat. Nevermind the fact that Red Rocks is about 1/2 the size and built into the mountain. I've seen PJ play both, so it's just IMHO.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    all opinions of course, tho i do think accoustics are pretty equall, particularly if yer low enough at the gorge...if yer sound gets fucked at rr it REALLY gets fucked...

that being said neither venue is anything to be scoffed at
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    all opinions of course, tho i do think accoustics are pretty equall, particularly if yer low enough at the gorge...if yer sound gets fucked at rr it REALLY gets fucked...

that being said neither venue is anything to be scoffed at

True True. If you're above Row 40 at Red Rocks, the sound can get muffled. I guess I just had higher expectations in my mind when I went to the Gorge. It reminded me of a typical outdoor venue, but in a very beautiful place.
  • Options
    ALPINE VALLEY
    RED ROCKS
    PABST THEATER
    RIVERSIDE THEATER
    EAGLES BALLROOM
    TURNER HALL
  • Options
    clashmanclashman Posts: 320
    indoor- msg
    outdoor- berlin wuhlheide, verona arena
  • Options
    bunnybunny Posts: 270
    im sure i'll waver than ever before because there are too many great & beautiful venues :roll:
    THANKS SO MUCH :P :D
    I envy you!!! I don't like Japanese halls so much..strict rule, pictures prohibited,,i hate it...
  • Options
    bunnybunny Posts: 270
    bionicamy wrote:
    kazuki.k wrote:
    thanks :) everyone. I'm looking forward to reading these tonight.
    My dream is to go to the concert of pearl jam in America(or except Japan).
    Your opinions are helpful to me:)

And,
    There are too many bootlegs,usually,I can't decide what to get...
    so, i sometimes decide by venue or place-name..for example..MSG, Seattle etc
    someday, I'd like to go MSG :!:

We dream alike Kazuki ;) only I dream to see them in Europe or even Japan. I have yet to be disappointed at any show I have ever been to and I don't think I ever will. Some of the best shows I have ever seen have come at the most unexpected venues. Hope to see you in the states at a show sometime soon! :D

hi! bionicamy
    please say something if you see a suspicious Japanese at the PJ concert :mrgreen:
    but,, I wonder when this dream will come true...I too hope to see you sometime! thanks :D