Options

Is my poster worth anything?

GushfestGushfest Posts: 56
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Alright, so I hate to ask this, but I can't help but wonder. At the premier of "Imagine in Cornice" in New York, Danny Clinch held a silent auction. Beautiful work of course, but they had two of what I would assume to be Ames Bros. prints of the film's artwork. These were both signed by Danny himself. Whoever organized the auction didn't put out auction sheets for them. At the end of the night, I asked about them and purchased one of them.

I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. It shall grace my walls for as long as I'll be around. Do you guys in your infinite wisdom think that I might be worth a couple bucks?
Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    check http://www.expressobeans.com try to find it in there
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    What size is it? I have the give-away edition from the local indie record store. I assume it is worth very little, even though it is printed on typical poster-stock.

Let us know if you find it to be of any value...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Gushfest wrote:
    Alright, so I hate to ask this, but I can't help but wonder. At the premier of "Imagine in Cornice" in New York, Danny Clinch held a silent auction. Beautiful work of course, but they had two of what I would assume to be Ames Bros. prints of the film's artwork. These were both signed by Danny himself. Whoever organized the auction didn't put out auction sheets for them. At the end of the night, I asked about them and purchased one of them.

I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. It shall grace my walls for as long as I'll be around. Do you guys in your infinite wisdom think that I might be worth a couple bucks?

http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php?page=view_item&item_id=61&pg=0
    this one?
  • Options
    that's the one get_right, by the way... awesome name.

it's the same material and size as any of the ames bros. tour posters.
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Worth of the poster it's not measured in money. Value is in what it means to you...in the most subjective way it can...
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    it's worth whatever someone is willing to give you.

and in that case, you are in luck! there are many foolish PJ fans that will drop several hundred on a poster.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Gushfest wrote:
    that's the one get_right, by the way... awesome name.

it's the same material and size as any of the ames bros. tour posters.

Thanks

AND ITS A KLAUSEN not an ames bros.

I think they were only available at the screenings, so they are limited.
    But I have not seen any for sale or on the auction sites
    check EB
  • Options
    well, it holds lots of value to me simply because of where i was in life when i got it (even though it wasnt all that long ago). plus i love the design and dig danny clinch.

no shit... i never thought i would own a klausen. im a huge fan of the ames bros. and never had the opportunity to get a klausen simply because of their price.