Options

MAY 29TH- CHICAGO??

mawfordinksmawfordinks Posts: 65
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Pearl Jam may be set to play Chicago on May 29th. Promoters are currently looking into venues for 16,000+ and that is official. I have been told of June 1st but the band are leaning for a pre weekend show. And may play 2 nights Sat/Sun if they can find reasonable venue.
Updates as and when I get them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    So is this an update to the "6 shows on the east coast" thread? Could we see more than 6 shows in May/June in the US?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    ajarv21ajarv21 Posts: 15
    Dont know the Cubs schedule, but Wrigley Field might be an option.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    ajarv21 wrote:
    Wrigley is WAY more than 19K and I doubt they'd have it available in late May - their summer concert is usually in mid-July I believe around the AS break (I could be wrong there).
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    drsluggo wrote:
    ajarv21 wrote:
    Wrigley is WAY more than 19K and I doubt they'd have it available in late May - their summer concert is usually in mid-July I believe around the AS break (I could be wrong there).

sounds about right to me
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Well I sure like the sound of that!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited January 2010
    hmm

Soldier Field - doubtful
    Wrigley - doubtful
    the Cell - doubtful
    UC - Bulls and Hawks will be marching to matching titles about this time.

there are your 16K+ chicago venue's, unless you want to throw in grant park. if you go outside the city limits, then toss in All State, Toyota Park and First Midwest ampatheater.

or better yet, they could do a 4 night set at the Sears Centre. little smaller venue, but just around the corner from me. however, this will never happen beause nobody good ever comes there.

or if you want to get crazy toss in alpine
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    suitable venue? - how 'bout Alpine Valley 2 nights?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    pandora wrote:

+1
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Tour dates will be announced next week....

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

Followed swiftly by Philly Boots and the 2009 Christmas single... :lol:
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    After seeing all the posts about some East Coast shows, I was hoping for an announcement about Chicago or Alpine (why not play both?). This is awesome news.

The shows will not be at Wrigley. The Cubs are in town that week.

How solid is this information?
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

confirmed?

:mrgreen:
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Well, if they're having trouble finding a suitable Chicago venue, St. Louis ain't too far. Or Alpine. Or Iowa.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • Options
    seems odd that they would play chicago so soon after the last visit, but being eddie's town, mabye
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    ohhhh!!!! +1

But, there still would be many chances of a huge blizzard so late in May... :lol:
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    toyota park...
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    seems odd that they would play chicago so soon after the last visit, but being eddie's town, mabye
    Not really. Considering that Chicago is probably one of their top 5 fan bases in North America and one of their favorite places to play - combined with the fact that last summer's Chicago show wasn't a Backspacer tour show, I wouldn't be surprised at another Chicago show at all.

Same goes for Toronto.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Not really. Considering that Chicago is probably one of their top 5 fan bases in North America and one of their favorite places to play - combined with the fact that last summer's Chicago show wasn't a Backspacer tour show, I wouldn't be surprised at another Chicago show at all.

exactly.

i'm thinking a stop in Grant Park in August is a good possibility.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    based on Ed's comments in August, I would bet that Alpine will be their first choice for "Chicago" shows next tour and Chicago-proper will get skipped. I'd prefer indoor shows, but I'll take what I can get. we've been super-spoiled since 2005.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    BeerBaron wrote:
    81 wrote:

Same goes for Toronto.

agreed...not complaining cause i got to see two shows but i really want to hear backspacer material. chi is a guaranteed sellout (esp. if they play one show) and always kicks ass....plus, ed gets to catch a cubs game.
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    They sure do like to wait till the last moment to put a tour together.. :geek:
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    nbakyfan wrote:
    They sure do like to wait till the last moment to put a tour together.. :geek:
    When the "tour" only consists of 10 shows or so, it is not all that difficult to throw together in a day or two :)
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    May 29th is my anniversary. Not a chance in hell my wife would go for that. This better not be a one night at Alpine.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Can someone explain to me what's so great about Alpine Valley? I've never been but it seems to be a big topic on the board.

What makes it so different from all the other outdoor centers?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,496
    loadedgun wrote:
    Can someone explain to me what's so great about Alpine Valley? I've never been but it seems to be a big topic on the board.

Not sure, but the same thing goes through my head when I hear Gorge or SPAC. Never been but I'm sure it's fun. Where is Darien Lake, off topic?
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Just over 4 Months away Peeps! :)
  • Options
    loadedgun wrote:

(a) it's in a very nice setting, in the middle of what is a big ski resort during the winter, so you can imagine in the summer it is very green and scenic area;

(b) it sounds great (I have read that this is because of the wood roof that most amph.'s no longer have, but I'm not sound engineer); and

(c) they have played some great shows there, but its more hype than anything.

the cons: the parking lot sucks and leaving can often take several hours.

I've been to every PJ show at Alpine (other than Lolla 92) and I will take indoor shows any day over Alpine, but I wont complain about any show happening within 3 hours of Chicago.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,496
    loadedgun wrote:

(a) it's in a very nice setting, in the middle of what is a big ski resort during the winter, so you can imagine in the summer it is very green and scenic area;

(b) it sounds great (I have read that this is because of the wood roof that most amph.'s no longer have, but I'm not sound engineer); and

(c) they have played some great shows there, but its more hype than anything.

the cons: the parking lot sucks and leaving can often take several hours.

I've been to every PJ show at Alpine (other than Lolla 92) and I will take indoor shows any day over Alpine, but I wont complain about any show happening within 3 hours of Chicago.

is that because you don't like the parking?
  • Options
    clockistotimeclockistotime Los Angeles, CA Posts: 249
    a little birdie told me that PJ, Them Crooked Vultures and Soundgarden will be performing/headlining at Lollapalooza this year. this is just what i was told. nothing officially confirmed though.
    "one man stands the edge of the ocean
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    in the dark before the dawn..."
    "i am a donut"
  • Options
    is that because you don't like the parking?

I just prefer indoor shows because weather isnt an issue.