Options

Kings of Convenience

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited January 2010 in Other Music
Anyone a fan? I have all their records, but have only heard one song Homesick, which had a major impact on me. The melody, the way they sing, the lyrics all are perfect.

Obviously the Simon and Garfunkel influence on these guys is huge, but I find it comforting. One could chose worse bands to be influenced by.

On a sidenote, I avoided these guys for a long time, because I had assumed they would be some pop punk band, which at the time I wasnt interested in hearing. Whats funny is, that if Homesick is representative of their overall sound on every album, this is one band that is not pop punk!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    The only song I've heard is the one off the soundtrack to Jack Johnson's surfing movie, A Brokedown Melody, and that song is called Know How, and I absolutely love it. I should check these guys out - thanks for the reminder!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271

Kings of Convenience
    FINALLY WE CAN SHARE THIS NEWS WITH YOU...
    On Friday you can listen to the song Rocky Trail, our first release in 12 years. It was recorded in Sicily by Kalle Gustafsson. If you went to see the Unrecorded Record Tour in 2016, this was number two on the setlist.
    Also on Friday, around 5 pm, we will release a music video for the same song, miraculously made some weeks ago despite all kinds of covid related restrictions and complications.
    To make sure you won’t forget about it, you can pre-save or pre-add the track to your preferred streaming service below:
    PRE-SAVE
    Sorry for the long wait!
    We hope you will like it!
    Erlend & Eirik
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    First of all: after 5 years since we started working on it, our new album is finally ready. Its called Peace Or Love. It has 11 tracks. The front cover looks like this, and you can listen to it in its entirety on the 18th of June. We know, thats in 7 weeks from now, but you can pre-order it today and you will receive it on release day. Either as a vinyl, a CD jewelcase(like our previous CDs), a cassette(!), or as a mintpack CD, which looks like a miniature vinyl album. You can also buy it as a digital download on Apple Music/Itunes, or pre-save it on Spotify. In any case make sure you can enjoy as an ALBUM! Dont let the fun playlists fool you, they will be gone in 10 years. But our album will remain.
    PRE-ORDER
    Present #2: Already today you can listen to Rocky Trail. Its the first single from the album, and we have also made a beautiful video.
    LISTEN NOW
    Present # 3: We will go back on tour! So far we have made dates in Europe in 2021 and 2022 but in time we will make sure to pass through the 4 corners of the world. Tickets go on sale 7th of May. There will be a handful of dates added around the ones you see right now.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)