Options

Pearl Jam: S&M!!

bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Well, I was watching a Parting Ways video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkogV8QEPvI&feature=related) and I just had this idea for a Pearl Jam show with a Symphony. I know it wouldn't be called S&M...because..well..that's Metallica's release.

Personally, I think it would be amazing. I could just picture Given to Fly on violin and Parting Ways with a full orchestra.
The Present Tense jam with a full orchestra? Sweet or what?

What are the pits thoughts of this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    this would be interesting
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    interesting Metallica tried this, but PJ's would be much wilder
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    interesting Metallica tried this, but PJ's would be much wilder

I agree. I thought Metallica's was great!
    PJ and a symphony? It would be amazing!
  • Options
    Yep, I'd be down with it...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Personally, I think it'd be wanky as hell and I hope they never consider doing something like this!

The music those guys make, both in the studio and on stage, conveys so much pure, heartfelt emotion. I think if you start adding that other stuff, you're putting too much in the hands of other people and watering down that pure feeling created by the band...

Just my feeling,
    DP
  • Options
    Personally, I think it'd be wanky as hell and I hope they never consider doing something like this!

The music those guys make, both in the studio and on stage, conveys so much pure, heartfelt emotion. I think if you start adding that other stuff, you're putting too much in the hands of other people and watering down that pure feeling created by the band...

Just my feeling,
    DP

Yep, it would be really wanky if it was done wrong.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Yep, it would be really wanky if it was done wrong.

With a band like Pearl Jam, and a professional orchestra...I believe it'd turn out great!
    Just one show, one special release or something...kinda like the Metallica S&M. It'd just be a cool show.
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    With a band like Pearl Jam, and a professional orchestra...I believe it'd turn out great!
    Just one show, one special release or something...kinda like the Metallica S&M. It'd just be a cool show.

Like I said, it's a great idea if it was really true to PJ.

• Options
    a lot of bands try it, why not pj. mmj at lolla was cool!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    Like I said, it's a great idea if it was really true to PJ.

I definitely hear you there. Maybe Stone will get into some Beethoven or even some Bach over the Christmas holiday and want to have one! (Hey, if it turns out bad, we can all blame Stone) :D
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    It probably could sound good. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    bovy_j wrote:
    I definitely hear you there. Maybe Stone will get into some Beethoven or even some Bach over the Christmas holiday and want to have one! (Hey, if it turns out bad, we can all blame Stone) :D

I'll be blaming Stone either way.. it IS his fault, after all.

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    You joke about it, but I'll bet Stone could do some excellent arrangements. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I would prefer if they do a show with a few folk bands, or i.e.reggae bands and jazz or BLUES bands. That for me would be interesting. And besides - they will avoid comparing their shows with so many others.
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Have some examples: Dirty Frank sounds like country (not only for me), Come back - blues, Driftin - coutry. Marker in the sand - reggae
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl