Santa Cruz!!!!

toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Fuck yeah, going to the santa cruz show. can't fucking believe I got tickets.
Take time to see the sky,
Find shapes in the clouds.
Hear the murmur of the wind
and touch the cool water.
Walk softly,
we are intruders,
tolerated briefly
In an infinite universe.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I had them in my cart and I put in my credit card info and then the site crash.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Got Santa Cruz tickets...now back to work!
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Yes! Me too!

Wasn't sure if the order went through, but just got a confirmation email.

Still hoping Berkeley somehow isn't sold out yet...

EDIT: JUST GOT BERKELEY!!!!
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • got them at 1:29. There are still tix people!
  • congrats to everyone who got tickets, see you in SC.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Super_Fan wrote:
    I had them in my cart and I put in my credit card info and then the site crash.

Me too :(
  • tstonetstone Posts: 28
    Two from Richmond, Va. heading to Santa Cruz, baby.
    1/95 DC, 7/95 Chicago, 9/95 Austin, 9/96 Columbia, 10/96 Charlotte, Charleston, 9/98 Va Bch, Columbia, 8/00 Va Bch., 9/00 Columbia, 7/03 Bristow, 10/04 Asheville, DC, 5/06 DC, 9/06 Bologna, Verona, 4/08 Ed in Santa Cruz, 6/08 Columbia, SC, Va. Bch, 6/22 and 8/08 Ed in DC.
  • Check your credit card statement.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Santa Cruz is in my cart.. but I can't get out :(
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    just got my Santa Cruz tickets. 2:15 PM CST, 12:15 PST.
  • It was such a Palooza getting tickets, just like Vic Theatre. Just raise membership for 10C in order to handle internet traffic jams and internet sales.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • gohikegohike Posts: 31
    but never in my hometown! Although the 10c ticket fiasco sucked something major, I was finally able to pull a pair.

Hell, I may even walk to the Civic just to say I walked from my house to see Ed play a show! LOL!
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Hey guys. Don't worry...I'll be there. Im coming the same way Laird Hamilton came to SB...Im riding my bike...from San Francisco. Gonna be such a great Saturday. LOOK OUT. IM COMING!!

Hope to meet you all.

Greg

http://www.myspace.com/greg_duncan
  • Super_Fan wrote:
    I had them in my cart and I put in my credit card info and then the site crash.

That happened to me initially with the San Diego tix...Log on over an hour later when I finally got to work, get on the site and there it was. Transaction was smooth as butter. I still can't really believe it. Its always some other lucky bastard that something like that happens to; this time, I was finally that lucky bastard (and btw...I'm really sorry for those that truly TRULY wanted to go but didn't get tix, I know that feeling. But trust me, as someone who experienced that feeling plenty of times...you'll make up for it sometime down the road...just a little piece of advice, hopefully taken in stride).
    can't keep me here...
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Didnt get tickets today but that doesnt matter...I'll be there. :D
    What a beautiful day/night day this will be. Just kick it around town, maybe go to the beach, the redwoods.... then top off the night with some EV magic? Um yes please! :o

Santa Cruz is just such an awesome place! So thrilled Ed is playing a show here.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Me too :(

my wife's crashed 10 times. she is very upset.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • who else scored tickets to the SC show?
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • look at this place. I wish EV would play in my old high school gym

http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/pr/parksrec/photogallery/thumb_civicaud.htm
    tacos
  • tstonetstone Posts: 28
    iwasthere wrote:
    look at this place. I wish EV would play in my old high school gym

Yeah, but you don't have great waves in Missouri.
    1/95 DC, 7/95 Chicago, 9/95 Austin, 9/96 Columbia, 10/96 Charlotte, Charleston, 9/98 Va Bch, Columbia, 8/00 Va Bch., 9/00 Columbia, 7/03 Bristow, 10/04 Asheville, DC, 5/06 DC, 9/06 Bologna, Verona, 4/08 Ed in Santa Cruz, 6/08 Columbia, SC, Va. Bch, 6/22 and 8/08 Ed in DC.
  • tstone wrote:
    Yeah, but you don't have great waves in Missouri.

anyone want to trade a berkeley 1 or 2 for SC?
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • iwasthere wrote:
    look at this place. I wish EV would play in my old high school gym

lol, saw beck there in 2006, but GA for the entire venue. it is like a high school gym, lol

perfect!
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I tried like hell today to get Santa Cruz and got shut out. I was so hoping for this show. Got shut out from 10c and TM, fuckers!
  • PJKJPJKJ Posts: 5
    I can't believe I got great seats! Can anyone recommend hotels close to the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium.
  • I got section M, which looks to be pretty good. I'm surprised, but maybe it was because I only went for one ticket instead of a pair
    Eric
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    VedHead27....you better be there girl....cuz my ass is goin'!!!! Oh yea, scored some tix for SC through the ticketbastard site. Had 3 computers logged on and got thru on the first one, but not the other two...feelin' super lucky right now! =)

Also nice to see you around these parts Beachdweller, long time buddy! Looking forward to seeing the usual cast of characters on a beautiful Saturday evening at the local gym w/Mr. Vedder....hahahaha.

Peace on ya all!

RM
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    My 3 friends and I are flying out from CT. Figured we would go with the smaller city and we all got tix.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Fuckin' A!

Santa Cruz here I come!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"