I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Money can buy a lot in this world.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edited November 2009

Ha, they've spent a lot of money before ... and not won. This team played great all year (or at least, the last 3/4ths). They were the best team. Give them their day.

(Still wish A-Rod never won a ring, though.)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    But hard work, practice, and effort get you World Series title number 27!
    NERDS!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

Yes it can and its all within the rules. My how the yankee haters look like fools.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

jimed14 wrote:

Ha, they've spent a lot of money before ... and not won. This team played great all year (or at least, the last 3/4ths). They were the best team. Give them their day.

Oh really? I guess money can't buy it every year then, huh..

Your payroll is double to six times what other mlb teams are.. chances are you are going to win every few years.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    jimed14 wrote:

Thank you my friend, it is great coming from a sox fan. It was a great season.

Last year they had a higher payroll and missed the playoffs, this year it went down and they wont the world series.
  • And a shot to the Butt (Arod) :D
    jimed14 wrote:

Oh really? I guess money can't buy it every year then, huh..

Your payroll is double to six times what other mlb teams are.. chances are you are going to win every few years.

my payroll?

I am a Red Sox fan ... just tipping the cap.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Thank you my friend, it is great coming from a sox fan. It was a great season.

Last year they had a higher payroll and missed the playoffs, this year it went down and they wont the world series.
    You're missing my point. If you can afford the best players, your chances of winning are much higher than other teams. You are going to have off years and the underdog will prevail every now and then, but keep the payroll coming and you'll take a title every few years gaurunteed.. your lower payroll this year was still almost double the second highest payroll team.
    You're missing my point. If you can afford the best players, your chances of winning are much higher than other teams. You are going to have off years and the underdog will prevail every now and then, but keep the payroll coming and you'll take a title every few years gaurunteed.. your lower payroll this year was still almost double the second highest payroll team.

He's not missing the point, the point is the series just ended and Yanks fans want to celebrate ... let them have at least 5 damn minutes before you start shitting on their parade.

And your facts are a little off. The Yanks were a little over $200M this year, the Mets were 2nd with $149M ... that's not "almost double".

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I'm so damn sick right now with the flu, probably from being in the rain durin game 1 and the philly shows...This is great

Phils had a great season, and have the nucleus to come back...congrats to them as well
    jimed14 wrote:

He's not missing the point, the point is the series just ended and Yanks fans want to celebrate ... let them have at least 5 damn minutes before you start shitting on their parade.

And your facts are a little off. The Yanks were a little over $200M this year, the Mets were 2nd with $149M ... that's not "almost double".
    I hear you.. I'm happy for them. I'm not a Yankee hater. Better them than annoying Boston. ;) I guess it gives the little guy something to push for.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    The players still have to perform at a high level to win it all and the Yankees did, no matter how much $$$ was spent on this team if they don't play as a team the whole yr they don't win .....good night :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Jeter: 'We heard a lot of preditctions coming into this series"
    The players still have to perform at a high level to win it all and the Yankees did, no matter how much $$$ was spent on this team if they don't play as a team the whole yr they don't win .....good night :)
    You have a point..

I'm just frustrated with my own city.. between two $100 million dollar ball clubs we have one world series title in the same time period the Yankees won 27.

Congrats Yankees!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Amongst the Waves now on on FOX
    I miss igotid88
    Arod has a world series ring

Jeter, Mo and Andy got one for the thumb

GOD DAMN I LOVE THIS TEAM..
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    igotid88 wrote:
    Amongst the Waves now on on FOX

Loved it :)
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    You have a point..

I'm just frustrated with my own city.. between two $100 million dollar ball clubs we have one world series title in the same time period the Yankees won 27.

Congrats Yankees!

At least your team got the one ring for Chicago :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    how sweet it isss!!!!!!

27 and counting!
    Mo said he was thinking about retiring. But now he wants 5 more years.
    I miss igotid88
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    igotid88 wrote:
    Mo said he was thinking about retiring. But now he wants 5 more years.

haha, yeah.. i think he was just fucking around. he is far from done. dominating he still is.
    Mo just told the phillies (a great team) that the game ends after 7 innings, he is far from done
    And Pettitte for clinching each playoff series this year.
    I miss igotid88
    I remember saying something else. Like we'll get you back in the World Series. But still.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80575&hilit=back&start=345#p2299604
    I miss igotid88
    Mo said that his ribs were hurting and wasn't sure he would pitch tomorrow. Lucky they got it done today.
    I miss igotid88
  • WOW...unbelievable. I said today to someone, could you imagine Pettitte gets the win, Mo the save (I don't think he did get a save, but still) Jeter & Posada have a few hits AND Pedro gets knocked around....could it possibly get any better than that? If it was a Hollywood movie, it would be criticized as too cheesy and unrealistic. 27, 7 (SEVEN!!!) in my lifetime, 5 in 13 years.....Team of the Decade, 2nd decade in a row. and how about the new Stadium Magic. 1923, Championship. 2009, Championship. Throw in a pennant in 1977 for the re-model, that's crazy

Only beef, the postgame coverage was awful. Very little in the lockerroom action. i don't want to see Kay & Co, on YES, The MLB Network crew, Berman and Co. on ESPN.....show me the champagne flowing
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    WOW...unbelievable. I said today to someone, could you imagine Pettitte gets the win, Mo the save (I don't think he did get a save, but still) Jeter & Posada have a few hits AND Pedro gets knocked around....could it possibly get any better than that? If it was a Hollywood movie, it would be criticized as too cheesy and unrealistic. 27, 7 (SEVEN!!!) in my lifetime, 5 in 13 years.....Team of the Decade, 2nd decade in a row. and how about the new Stadium Magic. 1923, Championship. 2009, Championship. Throw in a pennant in 1977 for the re-model, that's crazy

Only beef, the postgame coverage was awful. Very little in the lockerroom action. i don't want to see Kay & Co, on YES, The MLB Network crew, Berman and Co. on ESPN.....show me the champagne flowing

I've noticed that about postgame coverage of other series. When the Phillies beat the Dodgers, coverage inside the clubhouse was very limited.

One thing that was cool seeing was the trophy presentation on the field. I seem to recall previous years that it was done in the clubhouse.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    From a longtime Red Sox (1972) fan CONGRATULATIONS they played well last year especially wih the walk off wins. It only sucks that A-Rod FINALLY has a ring. I might go up to Yankee spring training for a game if they play the O's or the Marlins. Next is a must for opening day for the SOX, again CONGRATS.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225

What a great night. I agree though post game was aweful. I'm so happy today. Working is going to be hard.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22