Options

Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang

Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
edited November 2009 in Other Music
http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2009/10/t ... -new-fang/

Pretty impressed i have to say. Looking forward to the album now. :)
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I had this feeling that I would love the album based on the clips they'd been posting, but finally hearing a full song made it official for me. I cannot wait for this album. It looks to be like a totally non-ego crazy rock album. Grohl's drumming is insane. He should just do that all the time.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Very cool song, this album is going to be great.
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Fuck yes it is.
  • Options
    Okay, Love it! I read about Them Crooked Vultures a few weeks back and have been dying to hear some shit. The line up was both expected (Homme and Grohl) and surprising (Paul Jones). Sounds good so far.
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Man, seriously... I have never been happier than I am now that I have got tickets to see these guys!

It's gonna be a long wait until the album drops :)
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    bad ass. go see them if they come to your town or state or country for that matter..

its worth it :shock:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    sounds pretty good! might go see them in la! :thumbup:
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Friggin' awesome song! Those three dudes can really make a shitload of noise!!!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Everything I've heard so far sounds like Zep mixed with QOTSA which is awesome!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    The vocals are a bit on the tinny side, but I'm hoping that's just an issue in the rip and not the production itself. Either way Nov. 17 can't come soon enough!
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    nice..and this audio quality isn't the best either but it still rocks...i love riffs and tight drumming.
  • Options
    As someone said in the AQ comments section, if the sound is as compressed as it seems to be, this could be one of the biggest musical disappointments ever. But that's just on the production side, and given Josh's track record I'd say he deserves more than the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Pre-ordered today!!!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    they sold out in mins at ACL.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Bought tickets for the Paramount show in Seattle. Soo STOKED! :D
  • Options
    breath123breath123 Posts: 397
    got em in LA
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    stuartrdr wrote:

i will see you there!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    I saw them in philly at the Electric Factory about a few weeks ago and they were great. Actually got New Fang on video as well as about 5 other songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2MeQ6DhDMU
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    lurkinlurkin Posts: 77
    Really looking forward to checking this band out at the Wiltern!

In trying to get 2 seats close to each other (after no luck getting 2 together), I've ended up with one extra loge seat. If I don't hook up a friend, I may end up with a spare. PJPixie, Cosmo, you guys out there in need of something like this?
  • Options
    G.A. baby. Can't bloody wait.

I dig this song, but I far prefer Mind Eraser, No Chaser - which was made available as a free download today.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Got my tickets for Portland!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    For real, I cannot wait for this album to drop. With a group like this, how could they do something that lacks awesomeness?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    I'll see both of you there!
    mensane wrote:
    stuartrdr wrote:

i will see you there!!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I got tickets to see them in Plymouth, first date of the UK tour in December. Really looking forward to is based on this track, and the free iTunes track that came out earlier this week. :D:D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    brainofebrainofe Posts: 263
    I took this video at ACL Fest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNfqNKamzFk
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    Going to Seattle and Portland...back to back! Can't wait to see Grohl behind the kit again!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit, Holy shit!!!

I listened to this a few hours ago with my mates and this is the best thing I have heard in ages!
  • Options
    Agreed!