Options

Shirt Hoarders - I hate you all

jb7049jb7049 Posts: 75
edited November 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Complete bullshit at the merch stand last night. I waited in line for about 30 mins to get the blue Pj shirt (the sports/phillies shirt). A lady about 5 ft in front of me ended up cleaning them out and walked away with - I shit you not - about 15 of the shirts. I was livid b/c she had every intention of selling them on ebay. The kid in front of me was also on his phone texting with his commrades about how to get as many shirts as possible and I didnt get a chance to read every text...but the word ebay appeared on his phone at least twice.

So pissed ! Way to ruin it for everyone else.
Saratoga, NY 8.27.00, Boston, MA 9.29.04, Denver, CO 7.2.06 (with Tom Petty), The Spectrum 10.30.09, The Spectrum 10.31.09, Buffalo, NY 5.10.10, Newark, NJ 5.18.10, New York, NY 6.21.11 (EV Solo), Toronto, ON 9.11.11 (Neil Young Appearance!), Hamilton, ON 9.15.11, Fenway Park 8.5.16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I saw the someone selling the Phillies blue shirts in the parking lot.
  • Options
    jb7049 wrote:
    Complete bullshit at the merch stand last night. I waited in line for about 30 mins to get the blue Pj shirt (the sports/phillies shirt). A lady about 5 ft in front of me ended up cleaning them out and walked away with - I shit you not - about 15 of the shirts. I was livid b/c she had every intention of selling them on ebay. The kid in front of me was also on his phone texting with his commrades about how to get as many shirts as possible and I didnt get a chance to read every text...but the word ebay appeared on his phone at least twice.

Yeah, and this guy actually posted them on Ebay while sitting in the venue! :lol::lol::lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-PHILADELP ... 56369f7971

Look at all his PJ stuff and the prices he tries to get...a real c*ck

I sent him a message via Ebay asking why he was asking so much $$$ for every single Pearl Jam item and he had me blocked from bidding on any of his stuff...he didn't even respond to my question...pretty funny! :?

I think Jack must be short for Jackass...but that kinda goes without saying for anyone who takes the name of a fucking Kiefer Sutherland character! :lol::lol::lol: :roll:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    lol. $150?
  • Options
    And $14 for shipping?!!?!!? A tee shirt only weighs several ounces. It would cost $2 and change for first class mail, which is just as fast as Priority.

Sheesh.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    PJeffPJeff Posts: 12
    Karma's a bitch. They'll get what's coming to them sooner or later.
  • Options
    Simple answer is for everyone to stop buying this stuff on ebay for moronic prices so they get stuck with multiples of the same damn shirt they paid 35 bucks for. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything Philies related because I am a Mets fan so I skipped it, but I could have been a d!ck and got one to sell on ebay. Looking back though I wish I bought 15 of them to come on here and sell them to real fans that actually want the shirt for the shockingly low price of....well....35 bucks, which isn't that low for a t-shirt.
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    edited November 2009
    another simple answer here.....they need to incorporate poster and any limited shirt sales into the fanclub somehow.

When you order a pair of 10c tickets you should have the option of checking a box to also purchase the limited poster and (if available) the unique per-venue shirt. Limit it to 1 per pair of tickets if you want....and you have to order them sight unseen (like the poster presale this tour). Doing it separately (like the poster presale this tour) doesnt make much sense since then people who dont go to the show can buy posters just for resale.
    Post edited by slug420 on
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I would have thought the limit of 2 would have carried over after they did that in LA and SD. Kind of a no-brainer.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 343
    thats bs I waited in line for 20 mins and some lady was going christmas shopping she bought 5 xl- blue 31 shirts and by the time I got there sold out...she prob left the show after that and went right to ebay
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    slug420 wrote:
    another simple answer here.....they need to incorporate poster and any limited shirt sales into the fanclub somehow.

When you order a pair of 10c tickets you should have the option of checking a box to also purchase the limited poster and (if available) the unique per-venue shirt. Limit it to 1 per pair of tickets if you want....and you have to order them sight unseen (like the poster presale this tour). Doing it separately (like the poster presale this tour) doesnt make much sense since then people who dont go to the show can buy posters just for resale.

they did do that with the posters for this tour, if you bought a ticket to that show you could preorder the poster for it. i did this once and i got the poster a month or so after the show, plus $7 shipping. the posters really aren't a problem anymore because it seems like they are printing more. i remember in '03 and later tours you had to get there early or there was a good chance the posters would be sold out, now they have previous nights posters on sale at the shows. they used to allow only 1 poster per person but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore as they had all 4 posters on sale last night and each night i was there i saw at least 1 person buy multiple posters.

buying up all those shirts like that is really a dick thing to do. i didn't buy 1 but when i was looking i heard a lot of people going to different booths asking for certain sizes that were sold out.

i even saw a guy trying to sell the ballons after the show!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    slug420 wrote:

That is a sick idea!!!! I would like to see the t-shirt though.

I can't believe the nerve some people have by selling this stuff on eBay. I really wish something could be done because its just as bad as ticket scalpers.
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    jb7049 wrote:

I can understand people getting stuff for their friends, but this kind of thing (buying with the intent to resell on ebay) is total bullshit. One of the things i like about PJ and the ten club is the spirit of community; this kind of conduct is totally at odds with that spirit.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    If Pearl Jam or 10C have any say about what gets sold at the venue, they should make a rule that shirts, posters and other limited popular items are limited to 2 per person. I mean they do it with beer sales so why not the shirts?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    jb7049 wrote:

I can understand people getting stuff for their friends, but this kind of thing (buying with the intent to resell on ebay) is total bullshit. One of the things i like about PJ and the ten club is the spirit of community; this kind of conduct is totally at odds with that spirit.

I'm sure it's not people in the ten club doing this.

But I agree. I went to buy one last night and they were sold out, and it was almost a foregone conclusion that there would be more available to purchase from somewhere. Unfortunately it seems my only venue is to find one on ebay that isn't in triple figures :(
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    If Pearl Jam or 10C have any say about what gets sold at the venue, they should make a rule that shirts, posters and other limited popular items are limited to 2 per person. I mean they do it with beer sales so why not the shirts?

after the hoarding of shirts at la1 & 2, there was a 2 shirt limit for la 3 & 4 and san diego...apparently, this rule didn't make it east
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jb7049 wrote:

Sorry bro, I agree...that is a cock move to make...there should be a limit per person, makes me wonder why they don't do it already...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:

after the hoarding of shirts at la1 & 2, there was a 2 shirt limit for la 3 & 4 and san diego...apparently, this rule didn't make it east

That's a shame...it really should've. It's unfair for the fans that just want one shirt for their own sentiment....fucking money hungry fucks...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    i know, i can not believe all the fucking pricks who bought about ten shirts at one shot.. i can understand two, but ten or more.. come on. thats so not right. and to then go and make profit.. people these days are so fucked up. not to mention how they ruin it for everyone else. :cry: :evil:
  • Options
    I Hope those people die a horrable death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same thing happened w/the target backspacer shirt.I saw those shirt's on ebay for 60+dollars. When me and my friend saw those philly shirts it was to late. We waited in 2 lines for over 30 minutes each and when we were two or three people from the counter they sold out we were bummed.But to hear that people were hoarding the shirts now . I'm pissed those fucking assholes. That sucks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    That really sucks !!

I know people want the shirts and cant them now, but dont buy from the shirt scalpers , they lose money , they stop doing it.
  • Options
    I was at 2 stands trying to get this shirt and both times the person in front of me got the last one. I would love an xl if anyone has an extra to trade.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    If anyone is interested, i had some shirts made up for this run. I couldn't sell them in the lot because there were a bunch of undercovers rolling around. The shirts are not like the ones PJ were selling but they do have PJ logo in the old Phillies logo on the front and Spectrum 09 on the back. I'm not looking for the insane prices some are looking for on Ebay. Any one interested please pm me.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 10/12/00, 5/3/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04,10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 4/5/08, 4/7/08, 8/16/08, 8/17/08, 6/11/09, 6/12/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 9/14/22
  • Options
    What would prevent 10c selling these on their site? A previous poster had the best idea of all, just don't buy it from them.
    I'll scream my lungs out until I fill this thread.
  • Options
    Same thing happened right in front of me where a girl (who cut all the way up in line in front of my friend's girlfriend) basically scored what must have been $500 worth of the same T-shirts. I waited in line for 30 minutes only to see the one I wanted sell out right before I got there. Sucks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    we need to post pic's of these fuckers in a thread so we all know what they look like...then we form the lench mob when we spot one of them at a merch. booth!

"yes officer...all i saw was an Air Jordan logo....then when i came to, i was in a dumpster and all my posters and t-shirts were gone!" :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:
  • Options
    PATRICKJTPATRICKJT Posts: 7
    edited November 2009
    Greedy opportunists. My first thought was. "there was a Phillies style shirt for sale??? Now I know why I didn't see one. I can't stand people like that.

This makes me almost as mad as the 10C member selling his/her pair of tickets on craigslist yesterday to the highest bidder. I left a message to call me. Lucky (for them) they didn't call me cause I was going to let them have it. :evil:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tix/1445746388.html
    Post edited by PATRICKJT on
  • Options
    I agree this limited edition shirt screws all of us...I didn't even realize that they had done a phillies shirt on the last night. Why? Because someone walked in, bought them all, and walked out. Normally, you would see everyone walking around wearing them...not so. Put onsale at the fan club ASAP so people don't pay $100 for a tshirt....

What a show!!! :D
  • Options
    I cant believe these assholes are allowed to get away with something like this. I am a 10c member and have been to 13 PJ shows in the past and had the opportunity to see them for the first time outside of Australia at LA1. I collect t-shirts from many gigs and have over 150 from more than 100 different artists over the past 15 years (and yes, i still wear nearly all of them at some time or another). My birthday, whilst not being in September, does fall on the 30th of the month so you can imagine how lucky i felt at being able to get a limited edition shirt of my favourite band with my favourite number on it. I flew into LA from Mexico city that afternoon and was flying home to Australia the following night.

So i arrived in LA, went straight to the gig from the airport and waited in line before the gates opened. I was probably somewhere around 40-50 in line and confident that i was going to have no problem getting a shirt. I was absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in front of me in the line. I saw at least 4 different people walk away with more then 10 shirts each, one guy (who claimed to be a 10c member after i confronted him about it when he was walking away) bought 3 of each size. there were plenty of others with between 2 and 5 as well. By the time i got to the front of the line, there were none left. So i joined the queue to get inside which by then was longer than the original line and the same thing happened inside.

Im over it now, but to say i was angry at the time was an understatement. It took me at least an hour and quite a few drinks for me to get over it (childish on my behalf i know, but i was very pissed off). Not only am i shocked by the arrogance of some people but im also very surprised that 10c would let something like this happen. I cant understand how they wouldnt have put a per person limit on limited edition items like this. And these vermin that go out and buy these to sell on ebay are no doubt the same scum that are scalping tickets through the same medium at stupidly ridiculous prices. I F******G hate them. But what disappointed me the most is that there were so many people standing in line complaining quietly to their mates about it, but not one person had the balls to actually stand up to these scumbags and say something.

Sorry for the overly long rant but i felt the need to share my story. And by the way, it was one of the most memorable gigs of my life. The crowd was slightly disappointing and i missed out on a t-shirt, but i got see my favourite band play in their home country in one of the best venues (Gibson Amphitheatre) that i have ever had the pleasure of attending, and they played an awesome set, including 3 of my favourite songs, one of which i had never heard played live before (rats).

And on a final note, i have never bought any tickets or memorabilia off ebay and i never intend to. But after seeing how disappointed i was about missing out on one of those t-shirts, my girlfriend bought one off ebay without my knowledge and 3 weeks after i got home, i arrived home from work to see one large PJ LA 30 T-shirts sitting on the dining table waiting for me. I really do love her, she looks after me. But i hate those assholes that scalp items on ebay, they are the lowest form scum to walk the earth.
  • Options
    the trick was to buy the philly shirt at the smaller merch tables. i waited in line for maybe 3 minutes (this was around 7/730) before i was told that i received the last medium he had. i dont like the phillies (but i do love the new york ranger colors and think it is a beautiful shirt). i am rocking the shirt now and will continue to do so.

sorry to all who got shut out, the hoarders really are shitty folks
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    the merchandise booths at the spectrum were absolutely terrible. nothing like being squeezed up against 50-60 people from every side all pushing their way closer and closer to a small table. I think I had a harder time making my way out of the mass of humanity. it really is a shame that they didn't limit to two. just looked on ebay and theres atleast a dozen shirts, each will probably go for about $100-125. I managed to get one, was really surprised though as just about every person was getting it. unfortunately this is what happens when you have limited edition merch. people are greedy whores simple as that.