Options

Life can be so fucking cruel...

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited October 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
Some of you may remember that eight weeks ago my Dad died suddenly of a heart attack...

I was just starting to feel better and then two weeks ago my boyfriend's Dad had a stroke... he's now ok but then on Wednesday this week I got a phone call telling me that my Mum's Dad, my Canadian grandad, had died suddenely from a heart attack the night before.

Yesterday I had a phone call telling me that my Dad's cat, Boris, had been rushed to the vets with kidney failure, partially brought on by the stress of losing my Dad, and is critical.

My job isn't particularly secure and I'm currently in and out of the hospital for matters that could drastically change my future as well as having tests on my own heart to see if there's a hereditary condition that could also end my life too early.

My Mum's a wreck and i'm having to be strong for her... but honestly, I really don't know how much more of this I can take :(

Sorry about posting something so negative, I don't mean to bring anyone down, I just needed to vent.
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I don't know what to say Sian.. just.. *hugs*

I'm a firm believer in the fact that we are not given more than we can carry. it may feel like too much at times, but when life seems to be at its darkest, things can only get better. you're in my thoughts.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Things will get better, take a long walk and strenghthen that heart.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    hang in there sian...with all of this happening to you, there will be good karma coming...hang in there...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Vent all you need to. It can help.

Sorry to hear of your continuing miseries.

I know of a cat who similarly to Boris, just basically gave up after his primary owner passed away. Very sad yet, shows how much animals truly feel.

The cliche that thing will get better generally has some truth to it. Things are bound to improve.

I hope they improve for you quickly.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm sorry Sian.

Keep your head up, it will get better. I promise.

-steve
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so sorry....i wish i could help...but i trust u that u will be strong enough to help all around u..my best wishes to u and your family

Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Sorry to hear all the bad news surely there must be some good coming your way ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    kindness and time will heal but i know its overwhelming right now
    especially to be strong for your mom.
    Your loving bond will get you thru together
    my prayers to you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    {{{Sian}}}
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Some of you may remember that eight weeks ago my Dad died suddenly of a heart attack...

I was just starting to feel better and then two weeks ago my boyfriend's Dad had a stroke... he's now ok but then on Wednesday this week I got a phone call telling me that my Mum's Dad, my Canadian grandad, had died suddenely from a heart attack the night before.

Yesterday I had a phone call telling me that my Dad's cat, Boris, had been rushed to the vets with kidney failure, partially brought on by the stress of losing my Dad, and is critical.

My job isn't particularly secure and I'm currently in and out of the hospital for matters that could drastically change my future as well as having tests on my own heart to see if there's a hereditary condition that could also end my life too early.

My Mum's a wreck and i'm having to be strong for her... but honestly, I really don't know how much more of this I can take :(

Sorry about posting something so negative, I don't mean to bring anyone down, I just needed to vent.

oh sian! :(
    i am so, so sorry to read of all your torubles/worries!
    you're not being negative, you've got a LOT to deal with! life can be horribly overwhelming at times. i wish, dave, all your families...peace.....and to get thru this very trying time. we've all been thru periods like this, and all you can do is.....get thru it. at the end of the day, if nothing else...it helps you to truly savor and appreciate every moment filled with love and happiness. i hope you have many, many moments like that....and SOON!

*hugs*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I'm so sorry for everything you and your family have been going through. Sometimes life...don't leave you alone :( Vent as much as you need...seek out as much support as you need...and know that we are all pulling for you! Sending positive thoughts your way.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'm so sorry that your going through all of this right now, :( but don't let it get the best of you, or you will end up sick yourself...

(((((( hugs & good vibes ))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Damn Sian
    that is a lot. It seems to come in waves for some reason.

Take care and be strong. Hope things get BRIGHTERsoon!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Oh my! You've gone through quite a few losses, and stresses recently. I'm very sorry. I'm thinking of you, and sending you good energy.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I'm sorry to hear that :(

This year has been terrible...just found out TODAY my buddy at work his Father was diagnosed with Lung Cancer

Good Luck with everything..it has to get better..right ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Holy moly Sian

I thought I was having a bad week but it's pathetic compared to your problems.

Good vibes heading your way.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    when it rains it pours :(

hang in there sian
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Sorry to hear all the bad news Sian, hope things get better for you.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    That is a rough ride you're having *hug*.

You have support, be strong for your mum, be strong for dave, and the rest of us (friends and family) are here for you (and dave too) to hold you up.

lots of love xxx
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I've already said fingers crossed for you both.

I'm sorry about Boris, I know how special he is.

Thinking of you x
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    My thoughts are with you (always have been since I heard about your Dad). Life can really be a cunt sometimes but you'll be stronger on the other side of this! Take yer time though, there's no rush, we're not going anywhere so rant all you want :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Jennytree wrote:
    My thoughts are with you (always have been since I heard about your Dad). Life can really be a cunt sometimes but you'll be stronger on the other side of this! Take yer time though, there's no rush, we're not going anywhere so rant all you want :D

that is bumper-sticker worthy.... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    :cry::cry::cry:
    Sian,
    There is no doubt that you've been unfairly burdened by life. Continue on though, and you'll be a much stronger person for making it through your struggles. I can't comprehend the difficulty of your situation, and I'm extremely sympathetic. I'm sure you are already aware, but if not here is a reminder...come here and vent, there will always be someone her to listen to you and help you through your pain. Stay strong over there, things will look up and become brighter with time, I swear it.

Much compassion, hugs, and good vibes...

Be well.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    Oh Sian . . . ((((HUGS))))

You, Dave, and your families are in my thoughts . . . (((good vibes))) to all of you.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Oh Sian,

You're having such a really crap time just now. Sending lots of nice thoughts and positive energy your way.

Take care of yourselves.

Claire
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    You are definitely going though a multitude of crap in your life. I am thinking the only thing you can do, to have at least a moment of peace right now, is to try and think of what is still good in your life. There is lots, you mentioned your a significant other and your mum to name a couple. Try to list 10 things and write them down. If you get to 10 things, you are still blessed.
    Also, maybe your mum needs to see you aren't as strong as you are pretending. She then knows you can relate to her and her to you. You are perhaps the only person who feels as bad as her about your dad as she and she may need to see you be weak a little so she can then talk with you and cry with you. She may mistake your being strong as not feeling as bad as her and then she feels alone. Let her know she's not alone. Its okay to show your true emotions.
    My thoughts are with you. Please update us. I really want to know how it goes for you. I hope you keep a job. If you lose the one you got, perhaps a better door will open. I hope things like that happen, it usually does. At least in my life it has. I have had those times when everything falls down at once, but then there are other times when all kinds of good happens at once. Please let us know. I know I have seen you on here for years but I personally have never spoke with you. I am feeling your pain and I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds. I just had to let you know I am feeling for you.
    Love to you, Heather
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Sian was so sorry to read what's going on for you just now ..... my thoughts are with you.

Stay strong

Moragxx
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    omg! many prayers for you and your fam.

peace and love
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I'm sorry to hear of you're woes. Just know that time heals all wounds. Peace to you and you're family.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Sunday hugs xxxx