** Please sponsor myself and audiodave! **

13»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    hey people move your ass..i ask that with love :roll: :roll: ...1132....u need to help those 2 lovely person... :D
    i mean...bump.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Well then?? come on we need info,did Dave kick ass :D,did Sian fall off :D
    how did it all go :?:
    hope you both enjoyed it 8-)
  • WE DID IT!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

We started just after 10am and came across the finish line at just before 1pm. 34.5 miles took us 2 hours 50 mins.

The hills didn't get the better of us! :D There was a horrendous hill around the 20 mile mark that just seemed to keep going up and up and getting steeper and steeper... but of all the people climbing it at the time, Dave and myself were 2 of the only 4 who didn't get off and walk. *smug face* :D

Dave did amazingly well, especially considering he hasn't been on a bike properly in over 7 years and has never done more than 20 miles. I've never felt pride like I did today when I looked back and saw him slogging up those hills for my Dad. I love him so much.

Our current fund raising total is £1,252.81 - over £1,000 more than our original target. Apparently we were the biggest fund raisers for the event today. *thumb up* :D

Both our families turned out to support us with banners and t-shirts dedicated to my Dad... The reason we were there. He was with us the whole time and I know he was so proud of us for what we did today.

To EVERYONE who has donated so far -

THANK YOU :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: xxxxxxxxx

You have no idea what it means to my family, Dave, myself and, more importantly, The British Heart Foundation and the people they help and support daily.

Much love

Sian xx

Donations are still being taken!! http://original.justgiving.com/team_poppet

(and just so you all know... Dave has a sore bum! :lol: )
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Sian's right. I do have a sore bum. But before you laugh, try cycling that far and tell that YOU don't have one! ;)

I really enjoyed myself today, though I did struggle the last 5 miles or so (probably because we did 4.5 miles more than advertised). There were a few hills that would have got the better of me under normal circumstances, but as it was for Sian's dad, there was just no way I was going to get off and walk.

I'm really proud of Sian and I know her dad would be too. She's such an amazing person (an opinion I know many of you share) and I see so much of her dad in her - it's a brilliant thing.

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated, no matter how much. It all helped us to our awesome total so far and being the biggest fundraisers for this event! :mrgreen:

You guys rock. Now get off the bloody computer and on to your bike :lol:;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Well done you two!!!
    £1200+so no pressure then :D
    we are chuffed to bits and are gonna have a bottle of wine between us to celebrate ;)
    sorry about Dave,s arse :mrgreen:
    ps-i,m gonna get my bike out and kick both of your arses around cumbria one day :twisted:
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    So proud of you both that I could burst!

And I know I'm not the only one. You did an amazing thing today. Never forget it.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • audiodave wrote:
    Sian's right. I do have a sore bum. But before you laugh, try cycling that far and tell that YOU don't have one! ;)

I cycled that far... I don't have a sore bum :roll:

*smug mode* :P ;) xxx
    Well done you two!!!
    £1200+so no pressure then :D
    we are chuffed to bits and are gonna have a bottle of wine between us to celebrate ;)
    sorry about Dave,s arse :mrgreen:
    ps-i,m gonna get my bike out and kick both of your arses around cumbria one day :twisted:

Oh make sure you have two bottles for us :D

And yes! definately get your bike out... When we come up there, the only arse that'll be kicked is yours if you don't get you old bones spinning some pedals soon ;)

Thank you again for all your support mate. At risk of sounding mushy, we love you guys :D x
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• ***ahem*** 39 is the new 25 ;)
    Now Sian you know us northerners have trouble showing our emotions,last time i cried was when the midwife slapped my arse :D
    ah what the hell we love ya too :mrgreen:
    take care mate you both done good!!!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Oh Sian and Dave

WELL DONE YOU GUYS !!!! :D:D:D

I am so proud for you both,have been thinking about you today wondering how it was going.What an amazing amout to raise for the cause and your dad,he will be beaming with pride for you.

Well,well,well done .... now relax and get the massage oil out and give those arse's a good knead. :lol::lol:

So totally chuffed for you both.

Love
    Morag xx
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Congratulations :D

Last time i was on a bike i needed stitches :lol:

Wounderful thing you two accomplished.

Dave x
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Yay, congrats to both of you! :D:D:D I am absolutely thrilled that it all went off without a hitch and that you both did so well :D:D

As Morag said, have a massage, you both earned it :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Proof we did it!

9930_190854090872_653585872_4180610.jpg

Us and our shiny medals :D

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ha, Dave looks like he's about to pass out!

Again, well done to you both! I certainly couldn't have done what you did! 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Ha, Dave looks like he's about to pass out!

Again, well done to you both! I certainly couldn't have done what you did! 8-)

He was about to pass out! The first words to come out of his mouth were "My bum hurts" and "I'm selling my bike" :lol:

Thank you Jenny :)

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited October 2009
    Proof we did it!

awww fantastic!
    your dad would be so proud, and you should be too!
    kudos!
    8-)

*applauds*

*edited for your, not 'you're.....yikes! :P
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Great Pix :D:D

I would have been on my knees :oops: :?

Well done
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Awww thanks guys :mrgreen: xx

Some more pics are here if anyone fancies having a look:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... =666496897

• Congrats !!!
    Dave ... the only way to ease the pain for the sore bum is to get back on the bike again right now !!! This is kinda masochist but it's the only way to have smoother future rides.
    Sian, is that a Led Zeppelin cycling jersey ? Where did you get that one ?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Proof we did it!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • IGotShit76 wrote:
    Congrats !!!
    Dave ... the only way to ease the pain for the sore bum is to get back on the bike again right now !!! This is kinda masochist but it's the only way to have smoother future rides.
    Sian, is that a Led Zeppelin cycling jersey ? Where did you get that one ?

I told him that but he just shook his head and said he's not getting back on yet :( I was back on my bike at 7am today :D

It is indeed a Led Zep jersey! Houses of the Holy to be precise :D It was my Dad's. He also had a Dark Side of the Moon cycling top which he loved :)

They're from a company called Primal. You can buy stuff direct from their site:

http://www.primalwear.com

They have AC/DC, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd... allsorts! Although I don't think they have the Led Zep ones anymore. They're a good company, my Dad bought loads of cycle wear from them and they were really polite when he emailed and asked if they did PJ tops for his daughter :lol:

(They don't do PJ shirts but they do have a custom section. I think it may just be for teams and major events though... still, it's worth a look :) )

• I told him that but he just shook his head and said he's not getting back on yet :( I was back on my bike at 7am today :D

It is indeed a Led Zep jersey! Houses of the Holy to be precise :D It was my Dad's. He also had a Dark Side of the Moon cycling top which he loved :)

They have AC/DC, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd... allsorts! Although I don't think they have the Led Zep ones anymore. They're a good company, my Dad bought loads of cycle wear from them and they were really polite when he emailed and asked if they did PJ tops for his daughter :lol:

(They don't do PJ shirts but they do have a custom section. I think it may just be for teams and major events though... still, it's worth a look :) )

It's even more symbolic that you did this bike ride with your dad's shirt.

I already have a Primal jersey but I didn't know they had a rock band section in their catalog !!! I'm tempted to buy me a Pink Floyd jersey now ...
    Maybe PJ fans who like cycling should make a special group order :D
  • IGotShit76 wrote:

I told him that but he just shook his head and said he's not getting back on yet :( I was back on my bike at 7am today :D

It's even more symbolic that you did this bike ride with your dad's shirt.

I already have a Primal jersey but I didn't know they had a rock band section in their catalog !!! I'm tempted to buy me a Pink Floyd jersey now ...
    Maybe PJ fans who like cycling should make a special group order :D

OH! that would be an awesome idea :shock:

I'll see what the requirements are and let y'all know :D

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Sorry it's taken so long to draw a winner for the vinyl but the first one they sent didn't arrive and I had to wait two weeks until was officially counted as lost and another was dispatched :oops:

Well it finally arrived today and the name came out of the hat was joejoejoe so once I have his address the vinyl will be dispatched :mrgreen:

Thanks again everyone for their sponsorship ... you're all awesome!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Sorry it's taken so long to draw a winner for the vinyl but the first one they sent didn't arrive and I had to wait two weeks until was officially counted as lost and another was dispatched :oops:

Well it finally arrived today and the name came out of the hat was joejoejoe so once I have his address the vinyl will be dispatched :mrgreen:

Thanks again everyone for their sponsorship ... you're all awesome!

I can't thank everyone enough for their support during this hard but inspiring time. £1,300 is an amazing amount of money and a lot of it came from the PJ community. You've blown us away, thank you :D

Special thanks to Chime who's given so much to help us. We love you, little lady :mrgreen: xxx

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

I can't thank everyone enough for their support during this hard but inspiring time. £1,300 is an amazing amount of money and a lot of it came from the PJ community. You've blown us away, thank you :D

Special thanks to Chime who's given so much to help us. We love you, little lady :mrgreen: xxx

you are more than welcome!!! congrats on finishing the ride!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pic too.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me