Options

Pearl Jam Autographed Guitar Package @ CharityBuzz.com

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
edited November 2009 in The Porch
9320_140630557913_10696482913_2704786_3005936_s.jpg

Pearl Jam Autographed Guitar Package @ CharityBuzz.com!

http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/101069

This auction package, benefiting Pearl Jam’s various supported charities, includes;

* One Gibson “Flying V” electric guitar with a white pick guard and worn-cherry finish, includes gig bag
* Guitar autographed by Pearl Jam: Eddie Vedder, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron and additionally Boom Gaspar
* One Pearl Jam swag bag filled with goodies
* One Pearl Jam poster

This Gibson “Flying V” guitar with worn-cherry finish and white pick guard is autographed by grunge icons Pearl Jam; Eddie Vedder, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron and additionally Boom Gaspar. This guitar is an amazing piece for any guitar collector!

The guitar was signed by the illustrious rock luminaries at the Flight to Mars May 2, 2009 Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) fundraiser concert at the Showbox in Seattle. Joining Flight to Mars at this special event was former Guns N’ Roses legendary bassist Duff McKagan and his band Loaded, a surprise appearance by Stone Gossard and Mike McCready's original band Shadow '86, who performed a tribute to Seattle rock legend Jimi Hendrix.

Pearl Jam’s highly anticipated ninth studio album, Backspacer, released September 20, just earned them their first No.1 on Billboard in 13 years, selling 189,000 copies according to Neilsen SoundScan. Produced by Brendan O’Brien, this highly-charged new disk marks Pearl Jam’s first independent release in the U.S. through the band’s own MonkeyWrench label.

“With the release of Backspacer, Pearl Jam is making good on its longstanding desire to release its music on its own terms,” said band manager Kelly Curtis. “Through a handful of collaborative partnerships, we were able to make the music accessible across multiple platforms for our fans and work with businesses – big and small – supportive of our overall sensibilities.”

Backspacer is available in the U.S. through Target – the exclusive mass retail partner, Pearl Jam’s own Ten Club, independent retailers, iTunes and Rock Band. Internationally, the album will be available via Universal/Island Records.

For Backspacer, Pearl Jam reunited with producer Brendan O’Brien who produced three of Pearl Jam’s earlier albums (Vs., Vitalogy, No Code), co-produced Yield and oversaw the re-mastering and remixing of their seminal debut Ten which was re-released earlier this year.

The lyrics for Backspacer were penned by Eddie Vedder with music written by Matt Cameron, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Eddie Vedder and recorded and mixed at Henson Studios in Los Angeles and Southern Tracks in Atlanta (liner notes attached).

Released on August 24th, the album’s first single, “The Fixer,” debuted on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart and marked Pearl Jam’s highest sales week for a single download.

‘Backspacer’ is available to pre-order now at Target.com, iTunes, independent retailers and online at http://www.pearljam.com. The first single, “The Fixer,” is available now for digital download at iTunes. The limited 7” vinyl of “The Fixer” is also available at Ten Club, independent music retailers and select Target stores.

Pearl Jam kicked-off its U.S tour in its hometown of Seattle, Washington on Monday, September 21, 2009 at the Key Arena with a subsequent Australia/New Zealand tour set to begin November 14, 2009 in Perth, Australia.

Since their inception in 1991, Pearl Jam has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide including millions of live bootlegs. The band has released eight (8) previous studio records, two (2) live records, one (1) double-disc b-side record, one (1) double-disc greatest hits record and five (5) live/touring DVDs.

Donated by: Pearl Jam

Terms: In condition as donated. Please note that ADDITIONAL SHIPPING FEES may apply based on the winner's location.

Bid now: http://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/101069
Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I want it!
    That is a beautiful guitar and mike and stone are looking good 2.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    whish I had the $, good luck

stone looks like he just got goosed
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Oh Snap. Another PJ item I would love to have but cannot afford. Good luck to whoever wins.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I want it soooooo bad, i would work triple shifts just to pay for that V ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    To me, it looks like Stone is trying to say "OOOOOH, it looks goooood! Buy it! Oooooh! Oooooh!"
    Just me
  • Options
    Nice... already up to $1,100.00! It is a very delicious guitar indeed...
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    Foxy Mop wrote:

any additional background info on the guitar itself and/or the additional items being offered along with it?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

any additional background info on the guitar itself and/or the additional items being offered along with it?

We'll see what we can find out/clarify! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    dang! that's one beautiful instrument :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Gremmie03 wrote:

Isn't Gossard the past-tense of goose ? :P
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Gremmie03 wrote:

Isn't Gossard the past-tense of goose ? :P

It looks like the magic and electricity that happens when ever Mike touches a guitar is shocking Stone in that Pic.
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    It looks like the magic and electricity that happens when ever Mike touches a guitar is shocking Stone in that Pic.

Very poetic! :mrgreen:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

We'll see what we can find out/clarify! :)

Especially if Mike has used it on stage at some point :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    bump!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    What a fantastic auction...

Go ARQ!!!!
  • Options
    bump!!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    What a fantastic auction...

Go ARQ!!!!

no no no Go arq, like on eBay the auction will go crazy 5 seconds before it ends, I prefer "buy it now". I'm kind of thinking in selling my extra Benny and extra ITW for this beauty, at least I have a couple of days to think about it ;)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Wowza...what a beauty!

Foxy Mop, any chance you have any close up photos of the guitar? It's hard to see the sigs from the pic on the site. Looks amazing, though! :D
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Washed wrote:
    Wowza...what a beauty!

Foxy Mop, any chance you have any close up photos of the guitar? It's hard to see the sigs from the pic on the site. Looks amazing, though! :D

Will see what I can do! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Washed wrote:
    Wowza...what a beauty!

Will see what I can do! :)

also still waiting for the additional background info on the guitar and additional items offered. obviously the band is on the road and there's no rush, but as soon as you hear back feel free to share the info,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    10 days, 17 hrs, 24 mins left!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    8 days, 10 hrs, 28 mins remaining!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Bump!! 3 days & 6 hours left!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Stone looking like he got caught with a chicken or something...
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    21 hrs, 32 mins left!

:)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    how high to auctions like that usually get?
  • Options
    how high to auctions like that usually get?

okay, so I went to the site and answered my own dumbass question. its up to almost $10,000 right now!
  • Options
    daviecoopdaviecoop Posts: 198
    Say congratulations to the winner!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations. Play it in good health and great sound.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.