Pearl Jam going to the studio in April

2»

Comments

• rick rubin can fuck off. and whoever said bob rock, i hope they were joking..
  • I would love Brendon O'Brien to be back in the studio this time around. But here's a question: although I know he plays an integral role in the album making process, can anyone fill me in on what he or any other mixer actually does? Thanks much, always wanted to know this one haha.
  • Brendan O'Brien is the greatest producer of all time. He's been a part of a lot of really great records. Holy shit.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    pj23yanks wrote:
    Just heard on wmmr in Philadelphia that Pearl Jam is going in to the studio with Brendan O'Brien.

halleluyah!!!!!!!!!!
    danny d
  • Also, KROQ is Los Angeles said PJ will be going into the studio as well...
    Be good to Rock n Roll and Rock n Roll will be good to you. -Priceless Rock Wisdom-

LA 7-9-06
    Can't wait to add more shows...
  • I was just listening to No Code yesterday and thinking "I wish they'd use BO'B again..."

I reckon they won't wait for Ed to finish his tour. I bet they'll be working on stuff without him. They've done that lots, with Ed just coming at the end with the lyrics
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    While I like Kasper, there is no denying that all of PJ's best records were produced by B'O'B. (Vs. through Yield)

I deny it. Binaural>Vs
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    Brendan is really good at what he does. He has been working with incubus and the last two incubus records have had more than decent production!
    I will swallow poison
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Niko80 wrote:
    Brendan is really good at what he does. He has been working with incubus and the last two incubus records have had more than decent production!
    I'll agree with that.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• So I guess this means no summer tour but maybe the fall
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    So for those who disagreed yest when I said the rumours of Ed soloing East coast (after the West coast leg), followed by a PJ tour in spring, followed by VFC gigs in the fall seemed somewhat suspect/impossible - now apparently they are going to fit a few weeks (months?!) of recording into the mix??? Something doesn't add up here kids - not sure who is wrong, but someone is. As much as I would love if they proved me wrong, no way the band is doing a year to 18 months worth of work from April to October
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Bring
    Brendan_o'
    Brian
    Back
    Bastards
    !
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Brendan O'Brien is the greatest producer of all time. He's been a part of a lot of really great records. Holy shit.
    amen. how about Yield 2? Or proceed? Or No U turn?
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...