Pearl Jam on Radio 1 tonight.

kazmokazmo Posts: 99
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Just heard Alive on Radio 1 ( :shock: :lol: ) so got the lads in the workshop to turn the radio up. Chris announced after it that they were in session tonight with Zane Lowe. Just checked the website and it's true:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mrfwz 7pm tonight.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just got a text from a friend telling me about this, why is it always Zane Lowe he is so anoying.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Zane is a massive Pearl Jam fan
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited September 2009
    I think that's on Sirius Channel 11. I'm guessing it'll be on at 2pm in the States? Or maybe 7pm.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • kazmokazmo Posts: 99
    Just got a text from a friend telling me about this, why is it always Zane Lowe he is so anoying.

I know, he talks too fast!
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    They need to get the boys on the Gonzo couch, Zane playing that little guitar he has and Eddie on the Ukulele...
    Nature drunk and High
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Is it really sad that I am thinking of listening to Chris Moyles show on iPlayer just to hear Alive being played on Radio 1 during prime time for proabably the first time in years!!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    solace23 wrote:
    Zane is a massive Pearl Jam fan
    If he is such a massive fan how come he only saw them for the first time at the Reading Festival. Sounds like to me he likes to jump on a band wagon. In his interview with Mike he was acting like he was long lost friend. Radio 1 is a joke they play crap & are not interested in decent music.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • IdlewildIdlewild London, England Posts: 173
    Radio One Is a load Of Rubbish. The Playlist Is Awful.
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I know he was at the Cardiff show in 2000 'cos we met him outside but as to whether he actually watched them play? I dunno.
  • BALLBOY wrote:
    solace23 wrote:
    If he is such a massive fan how come he only saw them for the first time at the Reading Festival. Sounds like to me he likes to jump on a band wagon. In his interview with Mike he was acting like he was long lost friend. Radio 1 is a joke they play crap & are not interested in decent music.

I'm 6ft 7 and weigh 17 stone, I've wanted to see PJ live since I was about 18, but only managed to for the first time this August. Doesn't make me any less of a fan! (the height and size reference was purely to illustrate just how big a fan I am).

Zane's "thing" is that he makes out he's friends with everyone, and knows everyone in music - much like that other tw*t Westwood makes out he's straight outta Compton! It's all an act.

I wouldn't usually condone listening to Radio 1 on health & safety grounds, but I will most definitely make a special exception.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    HeyWayne wrote:
    BALLBOY wrote:
    solace23 wrote:

I'm 6ft 7 and weigh 17 stone, I've wanted to see PJ live since I was about 18, but only managed to for the first time this August. Doesn't make me any less of a fan! (the height and size reference was purely to illustrate just how big a fan I am).

Zane's "thing" is that he makes out he's friends with everyone, and knows everyone in music - much like that other tw*t Westwood makes out he's straight outta Compton! It's all an act.

I wouldn't usually condone listening to Radio 1 on health & safety grounds, but I will most definitely make a special exception.

He'd also had them on his show a few months earlier when they were over for the Astoria show so it wasn't like the Reading interview was after only a couple of minutes of meeting. In that interview Zane mentions he wanted to be at the Astoria show but his son was being born.

I don't know how you can judge how big a fan he is but he had both Brother and The Fixer (which he played twice when he interviewed Ed a couple of months ago) as his hottest tracks *shrugs*

I'll try and listen tonight.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?