Options

SUPERSONIC

cyaontheflipsidecyaontheflipside Posts: 88
edited September 2009 in The Porch
SUPER AMAZING! THIS ONE STUCK OUT WHEN I WAS MOWING THE LAWN!
Ladies and Gentlemen MR MIKE MCCREADY!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    My fave rotates between Supersonic, Just Breathe and Unthought Known - Supersonic is definitely the best rocking song, best they've had in a while.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    EddiesMuse wrote:
    My fave rotates between Supersonic, Just Breathe and Unthought Known - Supersonic is definitely the best rocking song, best they've had in a while.

Supersonic super sucks IMO. but hell what do I know! The album is solid though, middle of the road. Not bad for a PJ record... Excited!!!
  • Options
    Supersonic is a good song but the hardest rocker on the album, by far, is Gonna See My Friend. Matt and Jeff kick the shit out of that song!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i dig supersonic.

although at this point, i'm leaning towards got some as being my fav.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Love supersonic.
    Very catchy and rocking!
  • Options
    EddiesMuse wrote:

Supersonic super sucks IMO. but hell what do I know! The album is solid though, middle of the road. Not bad for a PJ record... Excited!!!

I second this motion. It is the only song I skip over when listening to the album. Maybe I'll like it later, though. That kind of thing has certainly happened in the past.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    im digging all the album but johnny guitar, and with my name being john i should be expected to like it, just seems kinda out of place and not with rhythm of the rest of the album
  • Options
    MS7509 wrote:
    EddiesMuse wrote:

I second this motion. It is the only song I skip over when listening to the album. Maybe I'll like it later, though. That kind of thing has certainly happened in the past.

It's kind of 'meh' for me, too. I do dig the Soundgarden-esque breakdown at the end. That's what makes it a tad better than Johnny Guitar for me, which is the only other song on the album I currently feel kind of 'meh' about.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i love this track. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    hedavehedave Posts: 201
    Love this song. Glad it made the record. Heard Stone wrote it a few years ago.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Actually, at one point, the song go into a slower pace and for a second, I thought to myself that I could've been a Mother Love Bone song!!!! I guess the fact that Stone wrote the music has something to do with it...
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Supersonic is the only song on the album I sorta don't like.

If any track on there is a b side... its Supersonic.
  • Options
    SUPER AMAZING! THIS ONE STUCK OUT WHEN I WAS MOWING THE LAWN!

yes! Except for the mowing the lawn part.... I love that song! Can't believe it was a b side.
  • Options
    hedavehedave Posts: 201
    One of the best on the album
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold. I cut the crease and put the shit in the whole.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Yep I love this style of song.

Def in the top half of the album for me and will be happy to hear it live at any gig
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    over bends wrote:
    I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold. I cut the crease and put the shit in the whole.

I'll admit it: I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i liked it until i got to the outdated solo in the middle.
  • Options

Shit, that's the only part of that song I really dig.
  • Options

haha, really? seemed too aerosmith circa 1980's to me, i dunno.
  • Options

We're talking about the little breakdown near the end, right? Sounds Soundgarden-ey to my ears.
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Yep the break down is my favourite part. First time I heard it and it got to that bit I vividly remember nodding my head and saying "Fuck Yeah"
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options

We're talking about the little breakdown near the end, right? Sounds Soundgarden-ey to my ears.

hmm, my cd is in my car and my ipod is at work. it's about 1:20 - 1:30 in. mike's solo, followed by a little jam with heavy drumming.
  • Options
    Man alive, this is a great song! I get an extra spring in my step listening to it. I love the jam in the middle that gives it some extra flavor. And it has one of the best lines Pearl Jam has put out 'I wanna live my life with the volume full!" PJ, please make that an official shirt. It's such a great line.

Truth be told, I listened to the ablum a few times yesterday after I bought it, and when I woke up this morning I have Supersonic going through my head all morning.
    I wanna live my life with the volume full!

2000 Toronto
    2003 Montreal
    2005 Ottawa
    2009 Berlin
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    ....is a fucking great song
  • Options
    buddys had the new cd a little early they played their 2 faves first and then i told them for the next song i wanted them to play me the best UP song on the cd

supersonic was it. my first listen

and it ROCKS still...4 listens later

good on the vedder/gossard duo i say :)
  • Options

Now that you mention it ... I can hear some Aerosmith there. I still like it, though.
  • Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    I love it!!

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    So tonight in Seattle they played "Supersonics"...with special lyrics for our now defunct basketball team, it was pretty sweet! :D
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options

You've got to let the boys get down on some funk rock! Stone, Matt, Jeff and Mike are having a blast on this one, especially the part you are talking about. Love hearing Stone play like that and I assume it is Mike on the slide, which is fantastic as well. I just can't believe how much energy they infused into this track.

Wanna live my life with the volume full!