Who is Eddie's band going to consist of?

2»

Comments

• CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I really think the guys will show up here and there...but not all on the same night.

The suprise will be over after the Vancouver show.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • An artist can't just sell tickets advertising one thing and actually giving ticket-buyers something different.

That would be false advertising, wouldn't it? At the very least, it could open the door for all kinds of issues from people who really do want/expect to see Eddie solo, and paid money to do so.

I would love to see a slew of PJ "fans" try to bring some legal action against the band/venue/ticketmaster cause the rest of PJ showed up and played a live show.

I'm not saying you're wrong your hypothetical situation, but really? How many fans would be pissed off enough to pull some legal action against a band they are fond of?
  • Chris1401 wrote:
    I would love to see a slew of PJ "fans" try to bring some legal action against the band/venue/ticketmaster cause the rest of PJ showed up and played a live show.

I'm not saying you're wrong your hypothetical situation, but really? How many fans would be pissed off enough to pull some legal action against a band they are fond of?

Not only that, but what the fuck is wrong with the guy that says he would 'love to see a slew of PJ "fans" try to bring some legal action against the band/venue/ticketmaster cause the rest of PJ showed up and played a live show.'? Who the fuck encourages a law suit over a band playing? To Chris1401: FUCK YOU.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Not only that, but what the fuck is wrong with the guy that says he would 'love to see a slew of PJ "fans" try to bring some legal action against the band/venue/ticketmaster cause the rest of PJ showed up and played a live show.'? Who the fuck encourages a law suit over a band playing? To Chris1401: FUCK YOU.

ummm, I don't think he meant it like that.
    NERDS!
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296

Yeah man, he was being sarcastic. Go take a Xanax and come back when you're ready to be nice. (jk)
  • ummm, I don't think he meant it like that.
    i love this place...

hehehehehehe...................

to south of seattle...

fuck you too!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehehe...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • magikev wrote:
    Yeah man, he was being sarcastic. Damn, people who don't even know each other giving out "Fuck You"s . . .sad, sad world (lol)
    Sorry if i misunderstood
  • do y'all really think EV, who was nominated for a Grammy for songs he wrote for Into the Wild, cannot and would not sit with his acoustic guitar for 90-120 minutes jamming and singing?

Not to say that a mini PJ tour isn't an awesome fantasy, and one I hadn't really considered until I read it. But in such small intimate venues I could totally see him sitting on a chair with his bottle of red wine, being a modern day troubadour.

c'mon now, can't ya see it?
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • I don't know who it would be...but I also think it will be different musicians than the PJ members. Although I would LOVE it if the guys were the band for the solo tour! That would be GREAT! :)[/quote
    agree with you mate....
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Would anyone be really pissed if Pearl Jam showed up full band? It would be cool for a small venue tour, and I wouldn't think of suing by any means (not that you'd even win), but I would pay good money to see some small venue Pearl Jam shows.

I'll probably get flamed for it, but I would be dissapointed if it turned out to be Pearl Jam and we did not know ahead of time. Just think how much the tickets would cost once the first show comes around and Pearl Jam shows up. Ebay! I would be SHOCKED if Pearl Jam played though.

And I think it will be a full band backing Ed. He's done it before many times. What was his band called....C Average?

This new Knight Rider shows sucks!
  • Maybe Stone will show up and he and Ed could cover this one....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Mw9F5zawRQ&feature=related
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Okay, turns out David Hasselhoff is the father of the new Knight Rider. This show is now awesome.
  • Chris1401 wrote:

I'm just saying, from a planning/management standpoint, it wouldn't be a good idea.

All it would take is one money hungry person who has a light bulb go off when they go to the show and realize it wasn't what they paid for.

Plus, not every single person at these shows is going to be a hardcore PJ fan. Even at the smallest shows there are people who are there because they work for the venue, a company, or some other entity that is given tickets.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • I'm just saying, from a planning/management standpoint, it wouldn't be a good idea.

All it would take is one money hungry person who has a light bulb go off when they go to the show and realize it wasn't what they paid for.

Plus, not every single person at these shows is going to be a hardcore PJ fan. Even at the smallest shows there are people who are there because they work for the venue, a company, or some other entity that is given tickets.

I stand by my initial post. What the fuck is wrong with you people?
  • Not only that, but what the fuck is wrong with the guy that says he would 'love to see a slew of PJ "fans" try to bring some legal action against the band/venue/ticketmaster cause the rest of PJ showed up and played a live show.'? Who the fuck encourages a law suit over a band playing? To Chris1401: FUCK YOU.

You must have a fucking screw loose. I was saying how stupid that would be, based on a previous post made that said that was a possibility.

Evidently you can't read, because I clearly stated how retarded it would be for anyone to consider legal action against EV/PJ because they paid for a EV solo show and got a full PJ show.

Why don't you go back into your hole and grab a copy of Hooked on Phonics.

Or better yet, go rock around Barrack for a little.
  • Chris1401 wrote:
    You must have a fucking screw loose. I was saying how stupid that would be, based on a previous post made that said that was a possibility.

Evidently you can't read, because I clearly stated how retarded it would be for anyone to consider legal action against EV/PJ because they paid for a EV solo show and got a full PJ show.

Why don't you go back into your hole and grab a copy of Hooked on Phonics.

Or better yet, go rock around Barrack for a little.
    Sorry, I am stoned and I don't sit on here and watch posts all day. My bad.
  • Would be cool if Gordon Peterson showed up
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I'm kinda expecting Ben Harper to show up at one or more of the LA area shows...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Bela Fleck should be in Ed's solo tour band.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    There will be special guests for sure, but who says someone doing a "solo" tour must have a back-up band?
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Personally... i'm hoping it is the Ed, Flea and Jack band of Hulabaloo fame.
    At Kokua.. he was able to pull a GREAT couple of shows with Boom and some local boys... so, you never know.
    I wouldn't be surprized if local boys Matt and Mike make a showing in San Diego.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    as long as ed is there i don't care if this guy backs him...;) :D
  • in such small intimate venues I could totally see him sitting on a chair with his bottle of red wine, being a modern day troubadour.
    Ed could possibly find a kid while he's out surfing. Wow - the boy plays VIOLIN and doesn't know E.V. from Adam, out there in the ocean. After some great songs played on uke - we'll get a treat! Ed taught him and convinced him to play a special song, even. It would be a moving experience for everyone - just the two of them up on that stage...
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    I heard this guy might play...http://youtube.com/watch?v=FM7Rpf1x7RU
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    I heard Ed has been practicing with these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hRuT6p31o&feature=related
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • I'm just saying, from a planning/management standpoint, it wouldn't be a good idea.

So these people won't be pissed if Ed has a backing band of anonymous musicians. But if he shows up with musicians who happen to be in Pearl Jam, then they're gonna be pissed?

Dude, that makes no sense.

Note: I'm not saying PJ is going to play any of these shows. I think that's pretty ridiculous. But potential legal action ain't the reason.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Ed w/Flaming Lips!!!

Ed w/Tenacious D!!!

Ed w/Ben Harper & The Incident Criminals!!!

Ed w/ Pete Droge & The Sinners!!!

Ed w/ .. ah .. ED!!!

ok. gotta stop. i'm off to bed!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    demetrios wrote:
    Ed w/Tenacious D!!!

i love the d.....i would love to hear them do one song with ed.....an extended version of lukin....:D:D:D
  • Solat13 wrote:
    I heard Ed has been practicing with these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hRuT6p31o&feature=related

that was hilarious.
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**