Options

So now when Blu-Ray has won...

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
edited March 2008 in The Porch
... is there any chance to get a full blown concert/toruing band kind of high def disc from the Italy tour? Or you think that ship has sailed. I don't see the point in recording over 100 songs and just reaseling a few and some of them "butchered/edited"... will we ever see black from milan on a bluray disc or even a dvd?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    at some point in the future, i think it's reasonable to expect that some of the already-released pj dvds will make it onto blue ray disc. high-def dvs are still in their infancy, but once there is no longer standard dvds, we will see a lot of titles begin to become available in hd.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I'm sure PJ will embrace blu-ray in the future.

I mean, they weren't the last to utilize HD cameras and 5.1 sound in their dvd releases. It will come.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    pearl jam on blu-ray. oh baby! :)
  • Options
    an HD master is available, which means it could be released as a Blu Ray.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    I don't now what recoridng media they used by lets say they used HD-CAM, why record a bunch of tapes every concert on the italian leg and then realese only what ended up on the immagine in cornice dvd... it really confuses me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I don't now what recoridng media they used by lets say they used HD-CAM, why record a bunch of tapes every concert on the italian leg and then realese only what ended up on the immagine in cornice dvd... it really confuses me.

Pearl Jam has their entire career recorded in some format or another. They only let us see/hear a small fraction of it in official released material.

Somewhere, there is a vault filled with audio and video from this great band. Sadly, we'll probably never see most of its contents.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020