Options

South of England PJ Fans?

urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
edited August 2009 in The Porch
So, we move house on Friday. We're moving about 350 miles away, down to Bournemouth on the South Coast of England. Unfortunately this means I have to resign my membership as part of the UK Midlands PJ Posse :(

I'll miss being part of it, but it's time to move on ;) I've made some great friends through a mutual love of PJ and I hope those friendships will last for a long time. Now I want to make some more PJ friends.

If you live in the south of England, this thread is for you. Make yourselves known, make some friends and reassure me I won't be the only person there rushing to HMV for my copy of Backspacer :mrgreen:;)8-)
A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    *bump*

Tell me I won't be all alone down there :(

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    oh COME ON people!

she's a lovely lady. (and her other half is top notch aswell.) :) make yourselves known! NOW! :twisted:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    they dont even have an HMV in bournemouth ;)

oh wait... they maybe do, but i'm sure they only sell Daniel O' Donnell
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    oh COME ON people!

she's a lovely lady. (and her other half is top notch aswell.) :) make yourselves known! NOW! :twisted:
    Thanks hunnybunch ;)

It's all true :mrgreen:

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Shut up you!

You can't even say it right! ;)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Shut up you!

i asked my wife how she'd say it and its the same as me...

same with Wey-Mouth... but not Plymouth for some reason...

i dunno... we're not quite right up here.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Shut up you!

i asked my wife how she'd say it and its the same as me...

same with Wey-Mouth... but not Plymouth for some reason...

i dunno... we're not quite right up here.
    But I do love your accent Dunk :mrgreen:

It reminds me of my Granpa :lol:;)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    SM10080SM10080 Posts: 234
    Is there a good dentist down there?
  • Options
    SM10080 wrote:
    Is there a good dentist down there?
    What's a dentist?

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    *waves* I'm in Basingstoke (boringstoke, actually), which is about an hour away. Bournemouth is lovely, studenty/beachy vibe to it.

Hope the move goes alright for you, if you need any tips about bournemouth let me know...my sis used to live there.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    *waves* I'm in Basingstoke (boringstoke, actually), which is about an hour away. Bournemouth is lovely, studenty/beachy vibe to it.

Hope the move goes alright for you, if you need any tips about bournemouth let me know...my sis used to live there.
    Woooo! I didn't realised you lived down there!

Let the PJ party begin! :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:

Lol!!! There are some more southerners floating about, but I can't remember who they are and where I met them.

We definitely need a southern PJ scene going though...trips to london and/or midlands is getting expensive!!!!
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    My parents have this house on sale and want to move to Bournemouth as well :(
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

Aww, that's rough for you...but you'd stay up at uni won't you?

I wonder if it's the manmade surf break that is being built that's drawing the attention to bournemouth! ;)
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Ahhh, Bournemouth is pretty. Not far from the countryside and the New Forest. Lots of great scenery and really nice pubs and restaurants....and the seafood is out of this world! :)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I wonder if it's the manmade surf break that is being built that's drawing the attention to bournemouth! ;)
    We're moving about 10 minutes walk away from it! My 13year old is all kinds of excited about learning to surf :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    wash_ wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

We're moving about 10 minutes walk away from it! My 13year old is all kinds of excited about learning to surf :D

heh cool, well im in uni in nottingham for most of the year so its not too bad, just will suck when i come home and there is a gig on at london.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I'm on the other side :|
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    a gig on at london.

THAT, right there, is why I won't go to Bournemouth. It does have good links to london, very regular train service, but it is 2.5 hours.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

They'll love it, it is a great place for youth to be in.
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'm southern, but far south west southern, down in deepest darkest Cornwall.
    I'd be really surprised if there were not more fans in the south tho!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 361
    Another Cornish fan here - though not as far down as Dottles! There are a few lurking around in the South/South West area so you're certainly not alone!
    Does make it a real undertaking for travelling to gigs though - I drove 750 miles over two days last week to catch the Manc and London shows!
    Totally worth it though :)
    Oh and Bournemouth is pretty cool!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    j-bugj-bug Posts: 272
    i'm close to Wales.Weston-super-Mare,Near Bristol.

love Cornwall though.nearly took my degree in Falmouth.
    Seek,
    Find be yourself.
    Don't follow the herd.
    Don't repeat in spite of the encores.
    Be yourself.
    Otherwise you'll bore us.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,085
    Hello Urban Hippie **waves**

I'm from a village near Yeovil in Somerset, about 50ish miles from Bournemouth. We met briefly last week, myself and hubby were sitting in the Docklands Travelodge bar after the gig with Sian and Dave when you came in with HLF. We were a bit boring though and left the party after a couple of drinks, cos we were travelling back early next day (or it could be cos we're shandy-lightweights and can't handle the pace :oops: )

There are a couple of more people on here that are from the south-west, there's one I know off from Bristol, and I've seen another from Exeter - but you'll probably find that the SW posse won't be big enough to call itself that :)

Anyway, hope you enjoy Bournemouth, I've visited quite a lot (as both girl and woman!) and have always really liked it :D (perhaps we could petition PJ to play the BIC next tour???)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Hello Urban Hippie **waves**

I'm from a village near Yeovil in Somerset, about 50ish miles from Bournemouth. We met briefly last week, myself and hubby were sitting in the Docklands Travelodge bar after the gig with Sian and Dave when you came in with HLF. We were a bit boring though and left the party after a couple of drinks, cos we were travelling back early next day (or it could be cos we're shandy-lightweights and can't handle the pace :oops: )

There are a couple of more people on here that are from the south-west, there's one I know off from Bristol, and I've seen another from Exeter - but you'll probably find that the SW posse won't be big enough to call itself that :)

Anyway, hope you enjoy Bournemouth, I've visited quite a lot (as both girl and woman!) and have always really liked it :D (perhaps we could petition PJ to play the BIC next tour???)
    Whoot! Yeah! I remember you!

Oh PJ at the BIC sounds amazing :mrgreen:

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Ahhh, Bournemouth is pretty. Not far from the countryside and the New Forest. Lots of great scenery and really nice pubs and restaurants....and the seafood is out of this world! :)

seafood is actually out of the sea.

bournemooth takes scottish money... ergo it rocks in my world... Southampton's pubs didnt though... so i hope it goes first with global warming.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    dunkman wrote:

There's a quality rap of his called "Bitches & Ho's" on youtube, tis a wee bit explicit so I wont post it here 8-)

To OP:
    I stayed in Brighton for around 2 months last year, and there were a lot of PJ fans there (tons of music-oriented people in general being the main reason), but i met a good few PJ nuts in my time there....dont know about TC members, and its pretty far from Bournemouth.... so, i guess thats not really any help, is it..? :)

Hope you like Bournemouth either way!! Being near the sea is always great :D
  • Options
    kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    im another south westerner. I live in helston just near falmouth. i thought i was the only pearl jam fan in cornwall left haha
    in fact for the one who lives in falmouth my profile pic is a photo of me in one of my old bands playing at the irish bar in falmouth a few years ago haha
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    wash_ wrote:
    wash_ wrote:

Lol!!! There are some more southerners floating about, but I can't remember who they are and where I met them.

We definitely need a southern PJ scene going though...trips to london and/or midlands is getting expensive!!!!
    Bank holiday weekend!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    kigcat wrote:
    im another south westerner. I live in helston just near falmouth. i thought i was the only pearl jam fan in cornwall left haha
    in fact for the one who lives in falmouth my profile pic is a photo of me in one of my old bands playing at the irish bar in falmouth a few years ago haha

Tee hee hee, Finn McCools?
    I used to live in the Pirate when it was open, tis a trendy wine bar styley thing now :cry:
    Nope, not the only PJ fan in Cornwall, a few of my mates are fans as well, I think we've found a few in this thread :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii.