Greatest PJ moment of my life?

GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
edited August 2009 in The Porch
Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Are you saying you were there?

If so, that's pretty damn cool.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • wow. that was great. never saw that one. I wasn't into Pearl Jam as much at that time. I remember Who You Are coming out on the radio and absolutely LOVING it. I think I was too busy with cross-country and track kicking my ass at that time. Didn't really like Hail Hail at that time.

Its funny though. that would have been about the time he was separated or getting a divorce right? and you can almost see it on his face when he's singing the lyrics 'hail hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love" like he's really pissed off about his situation. or maybe that's just the pissed off Eddie we've all come to love--i don't know--probably reading too much into that one. anyway, great song. loved Stone's colorful outfit. :D
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    jimed14 wrote:

I wish! I was 16, watching in my moms living room. straight mesmerized!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    edited August 2009
    so can't wait for the tour.....
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

edited August 2009
    wow. that was great. never saw that one. I wasn't into Pearl Jam as much at that time. I remember Who You Are coming out on the radio and absolutely LOVING it. I think I was too busy with cross-country and track kicking my ass at that time. Didn't really like Hail Hail at that time.

Its funny though. that would have been about the time he was separated or getting a divorce right? and you can almost see it on his face when he's singing the lyrics 'hail hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love" like he's really pissed off about his situation. or maybe that's just the pissed off Eddie we've all come to love--i don't know--probably reading too much into that one. anyway, great song. loved Stone's colorful outfit. :D

I was running cross country when this album came out! Holy shit, it's like the sound track to that season.

This was a very pivotal time in pj's history... I'm not really sure when ed got divorced, I thought around Binaural... Either way, there was just so much unknown at this time. There were all these rumors of a breakup, tension in the group, the Vitalogy tour ending how it did, ect... And then there's this new album with this really weird first single (who u r) and everyone is like what the hell is going on with Pearl Jam? And then it was announced they'd be on Letterman... Then all the hype began. What will they play? What will they look like? Have they lost it? And then this performance. they totally kill it.
    Post edited by Gmoney on
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Gmoney wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

:lol:

Still, good times indeed.

I remember the Not For You performance on SNL just a few days after I saw them in Boston ... amazes me that a TV performance could be so memorable.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Gmoney wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

:lol:

Still, good times indeed.

I remember the Not For You performance on SNL just a few days after I saw them in Boston ... amazes me that a TV performance could be so memorable.
    Hell yea! And Daughter with Kurt tribute and ed singing through cupped hands? best ever!
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited August 2009
    Gmoney wrote:
    I was running cross country when this album came out! Holy shit, it's like the sound track to that season.

wait, I'm a little confused here because of the wording. do you mean that you were running cross-country also, or are you cracking on me for not being into this album at that time? no biggie about the second. If you were running cc then cool. Who You Are was a great song to have in your head to help get you through a race. that's all I'm trying to say I guess. I don't know I'm tired and distracted by reality and phone calls here. night y'all.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    I had my arm around Ed's shoulder during Alive in Vancouver '98. Pretty good moment. I can hear myself screaming 'You can do it!' during a Melbourne boot from 2003 - a distant second.
    Gmoney wrote:

wait, I'm a little confused here because of the wording. do you mean that you were running cross-country also, or are you cracking on me for not being into this album at that time? no biggie about the second. If you were running cc then cool. Who You Are was a great song to have in your head to help get you through a race. that's all I'm trying to say I guess. I don't know I'm tired and distracted by reality and phone calls here. night y'all.
    I don't crack on people on the porch! Im a nice guy. I was running cross country, junior year of high school, listening to No Code through the whole season. Broke my ankle one race missed the rest of the season and all of basketball season, which was why I ran cc... oh well nc got me through
  • Gmoney wrote:
    Gmoney wrote:

I don't crack on people on the porch! Im a nice guy. I was running cross country, junior year of high school, listening to No Code through the whole season. Broke my ankle one race missed the rest of the season and all of basketball season, which was why I ran cc... oh well nc got me through

well that's cool. cc rocks! and so does pj.