San Diego Preparty & Fundraiser!!!!

Comments

• dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
    What about having a huge tailgate/bbq type thing at the trolley stop in the Quallcomm Stadium parking lot starting from 3pm-on. That way everyone can bring their own booze, bbq grill, and food and we can all hang out then take the trolley to SDSU. My buddies and I pre party/bbq there all the time before Pads Games. Quallcomm Stadium is a pretty solid central location. All the bars near SDSU are kinda lame. Plus parking by SDSU is a pain in the ass. Or if you guys want a bar atmosphere do it at McGregors off of Mission Village its close to the trolley, so it would be an easy commute Viejas (Cox) Arena. Gets crowded there on Fridays after work though.
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    stickfig13 wrote:
    norm wrote:

You won't be dissapointed! I've been carrying my drunk ass out of there for years!

BTW...I went to SDSU and live in SD so if any out of towners need some tips or info let me know

were should I stay in Sand Diego, Im flying only for the concert but Ill be there for 4 days, so Im looking for something no only close to the venue but also close to other cool places I might want to get to know in SD, thanks in advance
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    pouch15 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    norm wrote:

You won't be dissapointed! I've been carrying my drunk ass out of there for years!

BTW...I went to SDSU and live in SD so if any out of towners need some tips or info let me know

were should I stay in Sand Diego, Im flying only for the concert but Ill be there for 4 days, so Im looking for something no only close to the venue but also close to other cool places I might want to get to know in SD, thanks in advance

Well it depends on what you want to get in to. If you want to be close to the venue and central in San Diego I would suggest Hotel Circle in Mission Valley. Stay downtown if you prefer clubs and nicer restaurants (Plus the trolley will take you to the venue from there). Stay in PB if you want to beach it up and get shitty drunk at the college age bars of PB.

What do you want to get into? That would be a good start for me to give you some specific suggestions
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    dwhiskeyd wrote:
    What about having a huge tailgate/bbq type thing at the trolley stop in the Quallcomm Stadium parking lot starting from 3pm-on. That way everyone can bring their own booze, bbq grill, and food and we can all hang out then take the trolley to SDSU. My buddies and I pre party/bbq there all the time before Pads Games. Quallcomm Stadium is a pretty solid central location. All the bars near SDSU are kinda lame. Plus parking by SDSU is a pain in the ass. Or if you guys want a bar atmosphere do it at McGregors off of Mission Village its close to the trolley, so it would be an easy commute Viejas (Cox) Arena. Gets crowded there on Fridays after work though.

Good call! I'm down for that! I live across the street ....nothing like having a PJ tailgate in my backyard!

I agree...Mcgreggors gets packed on Friday afternoons, but if you get there before the work crowd I don't think it'll be a problem
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    stickfig13 wrote:
    dwhiskeyd wrote:

Good call! I'm down for that! I live across the street ....nothing like having a PJ tailgate in my backyard!

I agree...Mcgreggors gets packed on Friday afternoons, but if you get there before the work crowd I don't think it'll be a problem

We wold take it over from 3 PM to 6:30... would we outnumber by the regulars?
    wishlistfoundation.org
    stickfig13 wrote:
    dwhiskeyd wrote:

We wold take it over from 3 PM to 6:30... would we outnumber by the regulars?

It's not really a hardcore "regulars" bar....Should be no prob.
  • dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
    If someone gets a hold of McGregors ahead of time and tells them the deal, they would probably section off a part of the bar for the Pre-Party. Beer specials suck there though. Pitchers are way to expensive. Maybe they would do a decent happy hour pricing for the event since so many fans would probably show up.

I wish that there was a trolley stop next to Hamiltons in south park area. Cause that bar is my current favorite place to have beers, and have awesome food.
    Here are some reviews of McGregors. http://www.yelp.com/biz/mcgregors-grill ... an-diego-2
    We should have a place announced in about 2 weeks....

also, we are going with Guitars in the Classroom as a beneficiary - check them out at www.guitarsintheclassroom.org
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    We should have a place announced in about 2 weeks....

also, we are going with Guitars in the Classroom as a beneficiary - check them out at http://www.guitarsintheclassroom.org

I'm super excited that we're working with this organization. They have a really cool program! :) Go monkey boy!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i need an address please.im leaving for euro tour next week ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • We should have a place announced in about 2 weeks....

also, we are going with Guitars in the Classroom as a beneficiary - check them out at http://www.guitarsintheclassroom.org

Let me know if it's McGreggor's. My buddy who is the brewmaster of Pizza Port Brewing said he would like to work with the owners of the place that is picked and see about handling the beer.
  • I'd love to help-
  • moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    My vote is for Hamilton's Tavern in South Park.
    Sure, it's not that close to the venue, but man, best beer and pub grub selection in San Diego!
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Ill be there, afterall the show is on my B-Day! 8-)
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    is a second sd show dead? no chance?

And where is my fucking Hawaii show date/s?

I have been lowballing Priceline for a couple weeks and decided to man up and kick my bid to $71. Criteria is as follows:

4 Star Delux
    Area "3" which is "downtown san diego harbor island"

Scored the Omni...which is pimp and I am pleased. Trolly to the show I believe is an option and figure out how to get home after. Anyway, though I'd share the ride I just had on the deal stallion.

http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/SanDiego.aspx
  • steveschultzsteveschultz Posts: 4
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys,

I'll be there man!
    As far as venues for the pre-party...there's a bunch of bars in the area, Shamrock Shack closed down, and yes, it also went downhill(stabbings and craziness, ha!).

Some pubs in the area worth checking out:
    1. Effin's Bar-the area college bar http://www.yelp.com/biz/effins-pub-and-grill-san-diego#hrid:zxmm9ihdFwrn5v5apDMcSA/src:search/query:college%20bars

2. Beauty Bar - http://www.yelp.com/biz/beauty-bar-san-diego

3. The Blvd - http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-boulevard-san-diego-2#hrid:xDOAFwHsG6rPLPjt3wKDBg/src:search/query:the%20blvd%20bar

These are all pretty close to Viejas Arena. There are others, but just my two cents! Awesome that you guys are doing this, hope it happens!!
    Post edited by steveschultz on
  • dwhiskeyd wrote:
    If someone gets a hold of McGregors ahead of time and tells them the deal, they would probably section off a part of the bar for the Pre-Party. Beer specials suck there though. Pitchers are way to expensive. Maybe they would do a decent happy hour pricing for the event since so many fans would probably show up.

I wish that there was a trolley stop next to Hamiltons in south park area. Cause that bar is my current favorite place to have beers, and have awesome food.
    Here are some reviews of McGregors. http://www.yelp.com/biz/mcgregors-grill ... an-diego-2

Hamilton's rules!!! Best bar in SD! McGregor's would work, especially with the trolley stop being close.
  • EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    I will be driving from Phoenix with a newbie friend and am up for a pre-party and will be glad to help with any fundraising. I should be able to get in San Diego by 1pm or so...so not a problem.

Would love to help!
    bump for the west coast ppls!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Im in. :P
  • krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    Hey guys,

I'll be there man!
    As far as venues for the pre-party...there's a bunch of bars in the area, Shamrock Shack closed down, and yes, it also went downhill(stabbings and craziness, ha!).

Some pubs in the area worth checking out:
    1. Effin's Bar-the area college bar http://www.yelp.com/biz/effins-pub-and-grill-san-diego#hrid:zxmm9ihdFwrn5v5apDMcSA/src:search/query:college%20bars

2. Beauty Bar - http://www.yelp.com/biz/beauty-bar-san-diego

3. The Blvd - http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-boulevard-san-diego-2#hrid:xDOAFwHsG6rPLPjt3wKDBg/src:search/query:the%20blvd%20bar

These are all pretty close to Viejas Arena. There are others, but just my two cents! Awesome that you guys are doing this, hope it happens!!

Thanks for posting those pubs.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
    Probably going to be McGreggors - close to venue, and they seem to be very welcoming to us... info to be posted shortly
    wishlistfoundation.org
    up it goes....

also any donation appreciated!!! PM me or email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@wishlisfoundation.org">info@wishlisfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • thanks for posting info, ECM- gonna check out McGreggors asap- will be there plus one- any North County ppls (Encinitas) going??
    C'mon CA peeps.. where's all your raffle donations?
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Foxy Mop wrote:

i pm'ed ecm...i've got a ev solo chicago poster to donate :D
    norm wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

i pm'ed ecm...i've got a ev solo chicago poster to donate :D

norm... thanks!!!!... just put you down!!! :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    gave mine to seattle :oops:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Lizard wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

way to support california :roll: :P :lol::mrgreen:
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    norm wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    Foxy Mop wrote:

way to support california :roll: :P :lol::mrgreen:
    I know.
    i'll find something to give!

EDIT: Hold the door!! What are you giving to EL LAY?? In fact, how come you are not organizing those parties???!!!! :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me