Options

Visiting Seattle

dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
edited July 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife and I are flying into Seattle for a few days, and I was hoping that anyone who lives in Seattle could give me a few ideas of awesome bars, restaurants, and rad places etc... to hang out at that aren't on the tourist road map. Good happy hours are always welcomed! How is the public transportation there? I trust the judgment of a PJ fan 10x more than any other Seattle website. Thanks a ton! Hopefully I will run into a few of you while out there.

D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WoobynabWoobynab Posts: 50
    I would recommend checking out Capitol HIll: Broadway St.(awesome restaurants/ bars), Volunteer Park (It's huge, scenic, cool gardens.) I would also suggest checking out the Freemont district. There are all sorts of little coffee shops, art studios, statues, bars. If you make it over to George Town, check out the 9lb steakhouse. Good Beer/ food. For downtown, I would suggest Pyramid Brewery. (It's over by Safeco Field.) Oh yeah, you can take the space needle up for like $15. It's kind of a rip-off. I would reccomend going up the big black tower. I can't remember the name of it; it's the tallest building in Seattle. You can go up to the top of that tower for $5. Pike Brewery is also a great place for food and beer. It's right down by the Pike market place. Enjoy!
  • Options
    dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
    Thanks a lot for the info. Pikes Brewery sounds awesome, along with all the other suggestions. I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    columbia tower.
    Woobynab wrote:
    I would recommend checking out Capitol HIll: Broadway St.(awesome restaurants/ bars), Volunteer Park (It's huge, scenic, cool gardens.) I would also suggest checking out the Freemont district. There are all sorts of little coffee shops, art studios, statues, bars. If you make it over to George Town, check out the 9lb steakhouse. Good Beer/ food. For downtown, I would suggest Pyramid Brewery. (It's over by Safeco Field.) Oh yeah, you can take the space needle up for like $15. It's kind of a rip-off. I would reccomend going up the big black tower. I can't remember the name of it; it's the tallest building in Seattle. You can go up to the top of that tower for $5. Pike Brewery is also a great place for food and beer. It's right down by the Pike market place. Enjoy!
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Peso's at Queen Anne and Mercer has $6 breakfasts from 8 - 11 -- and even if you miss that, it's worth the full price cuz you get tons of food and it's hugely delicious...

Also T.J. McHugh's (across from Easy Street Records on Mercer) has a killer Steak and Guinnes pie...soooo yummy. It's huge, so with an appy it's perfect for two. They also have happy hour with $2 appys and beers from 4 - 6 pm, I believe...

We just came home from another glorious weekend there, so these places are fresh in my mind....
    be philanthropic