Options

I wonder what Eddie thinks about all these nominations?

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
edited December 2007 in The Porch
There's a clip on youtube of Eddie wiping his ass with rolling stone magazine, the most recent one depicting him on the cover(the reluctant warrior). He was pissed off because,instead of putting the whole band on the cover, they chose to feature Eddie on his own. He doesn't want to be singled out from the rest of the band.

I can't help but think he's in an awkward situation with the award nominations and critical acclaim Into the Wild has received. Again, he is the focus of attention, rather than the band. It was a side project, but maybe all of this hype has caught Eddie off guard and he's cringing at the thought of playing at the Oscars without the other guys. And itonly gives Rolling Stone magazine another reason to put him on their cover, excluding the rest of the band. I also wonder what the rest of the guys think about all of this? I'm sure they're happy for him, but perhaps they feel a little strange about it at the same time?? What do you think??
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    There's a clip on youtube of Eddie wiping his ass with rolling stone magazine, the most recent one depicting him on the cover(the reluctant warrior). He was pissed off because,instead of putting the whole band on the cover, they chose to feature Eddie on his own. He doesn't want to be singled out from the rest of the band.

I can't help but think he's in an awkward situation with the award nominations and critical acclaim Into the Wild has received. Again, he is the focus of attention, rather than the band. It was a side project, but maybe all of this hype has caught Eddie off guard and he's cringing at the thought of playing at the Oscars without the other guys. And itonly gives Rolling Stone magazine another reason to put him on their cover, excluding the rest of the band. I also wonder what the rest of the guys think about all of this? I'm sure they're happy for him, but perhaps they feel a little strange about it at the same time?? What do you think??

very different story here.
    first it's a solo project..he was pissed at being singled out for representing the BAND.
    here it's his own stuff anyway.

plus he's done a lot of publicity on ITW, far more than any PJ stuff, including Avocado that they promoted far more heavily than previous outfits.

he obviously feels strongly about the film and wants to help promote it.
    not sure about Grammys, and Golden Globe don't get submissions...but Oscars nominations HAVE TO be submitted, by the songwriter (not the studio, director, etc), so he obviously don't mind (probably as a way to give the film more exposure, rather than his own work on it)
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    probably what any of us would be thinking if we were in the same position....

...i wonder if scarlett johansson will be there?
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,468
    Since, I am just me, I only know that I am proud of him, and that he has worked very hard and sacrificed much.
  • Options
    itsevobaby wrote:
    probably what any of us would be thinking if we were in the same position....

...i wonder if scarlett johansson will be there?
    ew seriously?... out of all of hollywood??... id be looking for jessica alba... or mrs vedder... shes not bad either :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    he probably sleeps with his Spin the Black Circle grammy every night. it's all an act
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on