Options

F that noise

The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
edited July 2009 in The Porch
its ridiculous that people feel the need to travel by plane and have huge road trips across the country just to see their like 5th show of the year. its not fair to others who are trying to buy tickets and the site crashes on them. theres no need to go to a show absolutely no where near you just because pearl jam thinks your state/country sucks and thats a fact because if it didnt they wouldve played there. we cant even get tickets at a reasonable price to a very close show because chodes like to spend 5g's on travel and tix to every freakin show to eff up some of our plans.
Beacon '08
Philly 2-4 '09
Newark '10
MSG 1+2 '10
E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
Made in America Festival '12
Worcester 1+2 '13
Brooklyn 1+2 '13
Global Citizens Festival '15
MSG 1+2 '16
Fenway Park 1+2 '16
Ohana '17
Home Shows 1+2 '18
Ohana '18
Ohana '19
Sea Hear Now '21
Ohana '21
LA 1+2 '22
Austin 1+2 '23
Ohana '23
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 294
    Suck it up, pal. The beauty about living in the society we live in is that people can choose to see their favourite band wherever them damn well please. Yeah, it sucks when you get shut out of a presale, but such is life. There are more important things than getting Ten Club tickets from Pearl Jam.
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 242
    Dude, buy them from Ticketmaster and chill out.... Is the show not enjoyable if you don't sit in 10c seats??

Can't wait to fly to Seattle from Orlando for BOTH Seattle shows.... my state sucks, I agree. So I go 3,000 miles and enjoy another state and PJ wherever I want to.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    ticketmaster sucks cock, i try to get them for sports and stuff and it doesnt crash but its much harder to order from there than here. im lucky enough to have a good bud to give me his extra but it doesnt change the fact this is retarded.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    2ViolinsJPG1.jpg

baby_crying_small.jpg
  • Options
    hailhail8hailhail8 Posts: 269
    hell man, I actually got the buy button and when I selected it I couldn't put them in my cart because I wasnt effing logged in yet, so I got kicked out. I was within a flies hair of having tix.

I would fly to hell and back to see PJ. I think it's just a matter of:

a) the website can't handle 45,000+ people at one time
    b) PJ has some of the most loyal fans around

we should be thanking PJ for allowing us the opportunity to purchase Tenclub tickets early. they should also be admired for not distributing the tickets till the day of the show. granted ticket prices are high these days and it's hard to score good seats, but at least PJ does what they can to provide the most enjoyable experience for their fans. I have had the pleasure of seeing PJ about 15 times, about half using Tenclub tickets and I can tell you it is well worth the money, hassle, patience, etc.

I hope to score Philly 10/30 tickets with my buddy Dave who just got married and moved to Philly. I want him to experince "the front" of a PJ show just once...it is quite a religious experience.
  • Options
    hailhail8 wrote:
    I want him to experince "the front" of a PJ show just once...it is quite a religious experience.

amen to that!!
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:
    its ridiculous that people feel the need to travel by plane and have huge road trips across the country just to see their like 5th show of the year. its not fair to others who are trying to buy tickets and the site crashes on them. theres no need to go to a show absolutely no where near you just because pearl jam thinks your state/country sucks and thats a fact because if it didnt they wouldve played there. we cant even get tickets at a reasonable price to a very close show because chodes like to spend 5g's on travel and tix to every freakin show to eff up some of our plans.

Because there are so few shows this year they should have limited it to 1 show per member. They did it with LA or SD right? Why not the whole tour. I don't want to bitch, but that is the only fair way IMO. I just wanted 2 tix to Philly night 2 and didn't get them. Now I have to hope with Ticket master or wherever....
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    dwhiskeyddwhiskeyd Posts: 25
    Ahh Christ...I don't remember seeing anything that says you are "guaranteed tickets to any show for being in the 10club" in the fine print of the 10club rules. You get first crack at them, if it doesn't happen then you fall in line with TM just like everyone else.

For the solo ed shows on the west coast I was shut out thru the 10club for both San Diego shows, it sucks but it happens. I understood that the Ed shows were small venues, and a rare occasion, so its obvious a lot of people going after them all at the same time. But I ended getting them through TM, and all was well.
    Did I come on here and piss and moan because I have been in the 10club for so many years? No. Who are you to tell some other fan that you are more important and deserve to see the band in better seats than them? If you love the band any seat will be fine.

Get over your entitlement, since there are only a few shows listed on the tour, everyone is looking to get out and see the band. I am sure you are a solid human being, and that you feel disappointed and let down for not getting tix, I have been there, I understand, but using the band's public forum to rant is not gonna make you feel any better.
  • Options
    its funny how you all are justifying that seeing 6 shows is ok but maybe a first timer cant get one or someone who lives just outside the arena cant go see their favorite band because the site crashed because of west coasters or canadiens or europeans...im just saying
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    hailhail8hailhail8 Posts: 269
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:
    its funny how you all are justifying that seeing 6 shows is ok but maybe a first timer cant get one or someone who lives just outside the arena cant go see their favorite band because the site crashed because of west coasters or canadiens or europeans...im just saying

I'm feeling you dude. I live 10 minutes from Va Beach and I got Tenclub tix and with seniority I was still 15 rows behind the pit. and I have been in the fanclub for 12 years now. it just shows you that PJ fans are awesome and are willing to travel to see them. they don't tour much so it makes a high demand for their tickets. hell look at widespread panic, they tour all year every year and you can easily get tickets to their shows. it's all a matter of popularity and how often they toured IMO.
  • Options
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:

um news flash...10c only has a very small % of the tickets....try fucking Ticketmaster!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:

Remember, all of us, except for native Americans, are of immigrant status.
  • Options
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:

um news flash...10c only has a very small % of the tickets....try fucking Ticketmaster!!!!!!!!!!!

news flash why dont you read the whole thread, i covered ticketmaster....and i also said i got night 1 and i have a bud whos bringing me to night 2 so im set...im just voicing my opinion on the insane fanatics and the system (not that theres anything wrong with liking the band this much, but traveling 3,000 miles for a show after you've seen one a few miles away is nuts)
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    its ridiculous that people feel the need to travel
    -- you're right, in ancient times travel was exceedingly dangerous, and I would say it's probably wired into our primate brains to just stay in the tree and not wander the savannah!

by plane
    -- haven't they all seen these things crashing lately?!?!?

and have huge road trips across the country
    -- esp if they just travelled by plane, adding more carbon by car is just not right!

just to see their like 5th show of the year.
    -- I blame PJ, if they would just play the same set the whole tour....

its not fair to others who are trying to buy tickets and the site crashes on them.
    -- I blame PJ, but Eddie's recent gig with Oracle should fix all that soon!

theres no need to go to a show absolutely no where near you
    -- again, stay in the tree! believe me, they play mostly the same songs anywho!

just because pearl jam thinks your state/country sucks
    -- I was wondering when the Middle East tour was coming actually, and like France has ever produced any major rock-n-roll? Really?

and thats a fact because if it didnt they wouldve played there
    -- Hmmm, France.

we cant even get tickets at a reasonable price
    -- Just grabbed my Gov't Mule tix for $35! Shazam!

to a very close show
    -- maybe just settle for close?

because chodes
    -- do I wanna know? Sigh, no I didn't, wider than it is long huh?

like to spend 5g's on travel and tix
    -- don't forget our bar tabs! hell, my meal costs usually exceed everything combined!

to every freakin show to eff up some of our plans.
    -- hmm, aren't all our plans the same?
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:

news flash why dont you read the whole thread, i covered ticketmaster....and i also said i got night 1 and i have a bud whos bringing me to night 2 so im set...im just voicing my opinion on the insane fanatics and the system (not that theres anything wrong with liking the band this much, but traveling 3,000 miles for a show after you've seen one a few miles away is nuts)

i think most of the people going are from the north east and less than 1,000 miles from the venue..i'm from the Boston area so it's not that far for me and with no shows around here and the new album dropping.....i gots ta get my fix!!
  • Options
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:

i think most of the people going are from the north east and less than 1,000 miles from the venue..i'm from the Boston area so it's not that far for me and with no shows around here and the new album dropping.....i gots ta get my fix!!

i understand you, but its not like you're buying seattle, la , lv, and san diego tix too
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:
    Ev3nfL0w wrote:

i understand you, but its not like you're buying seattle, la , lv, and san diego tix too

perhaps you can devise a formula based on # shows attended & miles traveled so that we will know what is acceptable to you?
This discussion has been closed.