• Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    WOW!!!
  • Options
    I just noticed that! WOW!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    They will sell out!
    people wanted to make sure they got to see ONE show, so why wait till the last one to try!!!
    I sure didnt :!:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    They will sell out!
    people wanted to make sure they got to see ONE show, so why wait till the last one to try!!!
    small venue
    limited seating
    major city
    not sold out

odd and speaks volumes
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Get_Right wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    They will sell out!
    small venue
    limited seating
    major city
    not sold out

odd and speaks volumes

yea. pj should just forget about the private jets, buy an old school bus, and just drive that around between philly, nyc, and boston - where their REAL fans are..

;)
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Get_Right wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    They will sell out!
    small venue
    limited seating
    major city
    not sold out

odd and speaks volumes

where else are they playing four nights? :P and you can only get ONE pair of fan club tickets ?
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    DPrival78 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    They will sell out!
    small venue
    limited seating
    major city
    not sold out

odd and speaks volumes

yea. pj should just forget about the private jets, buy an old school bus, and just drive that around between philly, nyc, and boston - where their REAL fans are..

;)

Thanks for the :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

where else are they playing four nights? :P and you can only get ONE fan club ticket ?
    im sure you meant one pair

but even so

the total number of 10c tix for these shows is probably equal to one, maybe one and a half of an arena show

I guess the folks in LA have spent all their money on u2 and depeche mode, or they are waiting for the next daft punk tour

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Get_Right wrote:
    get on it people
    or they will just keep playing philly, nyc and boston every tour

and THAT is why , people .......that is why !!

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Get_Right wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

where else are they playing four nights? :P and you can only get ONE fan club ticket ?
    im sure you meant one pair

but even so

the total number of 10c tix for these shows is probably equal to one, maybe one and a half of an arena show

I guess the folks in LA have spent all their money on u2 and depeche mode, or they are waiting for the next daft punk tour

Careful. You get called names for bringing this stuff up. ;)
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

its alright

they are still sleeping under their cucumber masks, doing their hair or waiting in line for their egg white omlettes

• Options
    BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    Sad west coast. Lets show them how its done East coast!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Sad west coast. Lets show them how its done East coast!

We always do ... I think we are a little more high strung than our west coast friends... Its like were in a hurry to get nowhere...
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    they should have just stayed in TX after ACL and played several dates here, they would have sold out instantly.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    the Chadthe Chad Posts: 65
    No worries 4 shows in LA, one in San Diego. I will be rocking out at them all!
    The weather should be in the 70's, so after eating my egg white omelet, hitting the beach for a session,
    tofu wrap for lunch, and some beers and grass, it will be all good at the shows. PJ and So Cal good times :D
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

its alright

they are still sleeping under their cucumber masks, doing their hair or waiting in line for their egg white omlettes

man, you are on a ROLL!~
    :lol:

and no, i don't go for the east coast vs. west coast, NY vs, boston, etc, etc......but sure...you're just funny. ;)
    i have to say, it did surprise me.....but i think the ticket limit did the work it was meant to do. but yea, i don't think it's any secret that, more than likely, the most amount of pj fans/10c members live in the NE. that's not bragging rights, it's simply geographics.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    man, you are on a ROLL!~

and no, i don't go for the east coast vs. west coast, NY vs, boston, etc, etc......but sure...you're just funny. ;)
    i have to say, it did surprise me.....but i think the ticket limit did the work it was meant to do. but yea, i don't think it's any secret that, more than likely, the most amount of pj fans/10c members live in the NE. that's not bragging rights, it's simply geographics.

thank you, thank you very much (in Elvis voice)

;)

c'mon LA is a major city, the shows are small and there are fewer tickets available. Obviously, LA is not a PJ town, its freaking hollywood!
  • Options
    RS49442RS49442 Posts: 29
    My guess is only a few pairs left, no one wanted to risk missing the shows.....after all most of us got shut out of EV tix when he was in LA for 2 nights. The PJ tour usually plays two nights here, sells out night 1 instantly, night two day of show. There are a lot of fans here, just the limit of 1 worked exactly how it was supposed to. If you're in the club and live in the area you can get tix. If they removed the limit of 1 show (a la Seattle/East coast) the tix would be gone instantly, so no comparison is logical.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    man, you are on a ROLL!~

thank you, thank you very much (in Elvis voice)

;)

c'mon LA is a major city, the shows are small and there are fewer tickets available. Obviously, LA is not a PJ town, its freaking hollywood!

to be fair....there are 4 shows...you're only allowed to buy for ONE show.....they only show that still has tix left is the show that went on sale LAST. the *positive* there is, that means every 10clubber who wanted to go to a show in LA....GOT a ticket, and that is AWESOME! they are going to see pj in a 6,000 seat venue.....lucky, lucky! sure, the NE they'd ALL be gone...and we'd still have people crying they got shut out. so really, i say LA is damn lucky.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

to be fair....there are 4 shows...you're only allowed to buy for ONE show.....they only show that still has tix left is the show that went on sale LAST. the *positive* there is, that means every 10clubber who wanted to go to a show in LA....GOT a ticket, and that is AWESOME! they are going to see pj in a 6,000 seat venue.....lucky, lucky! sure, the NE they'd ALL be gone...and we'd still have people crying they got shut out. so really, i say LA is damn lucky.
    I agree, but imagine if the same thing was happening in NYC, Boston or Philly.
    Those tix would have been gone in seconds. Not unlike the borgata.
    I am just surprised that there is a smaller venue show in LA, for which there are a limited number of 10C tix, and 10c tix are still available a day later.

Which is fine by me, the band can keep coming east as far as I am concerned! :D
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    if they'd let us buy more than one show, they'd be gonzo.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    You can't underestimate the geography here. Whereas any show in the east (New York, Boston, Philly, etc.) is going to attract fans not only from that city, but from nearby cities (in other states), because they are within reasonable driving/public transit range from each other, Los Angeles -- and California as a whole -- is so spread apart from other major cities that for most people it is not reasonable to travel that far to see one show. (Not to mention the fact that public transit in Southern California may as well be non-existent).

Case in point:

- New York (with its 8.5 million people) is within 2 hours travel time from New Jersey, Philly, and Hartford.
    - Philly is within 2 hours travel time from New York, New Jersey, and Baltimore.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of Europeans come out for east coast shows but rarely for west coast shows.

In Los Angeles, the only notable city within 2 hours is San Diego, but they always get a show when Los Angeles does, so why make the 2 hour drive? The next largest California city is San Francisco, but that's a good 5-6 hours away...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Adding to what others have said ...

Well, no one is allowed to buy more than one night. Assuming a lot of people got what they could when they could with nights 1 - 3.

Combine that with the fact that these shows are all midweek, probably preventing a lot of folks from travelling to these shows (even from places like Nor Cal or AZ). If these were on a Friday and Saturday, they'd be long gone. The Night 4 show, the one that has tickets still available, is on a Wednesday.

If any of these were on a weekend, or they upped the amount of shows allowed to 2, I certianly would of taken the trip south from San Francisco.

Heck, if night 4 was on a Thursday or a Sunday, I'd probably go for a long weekend.

As is, it was just easier to plan a trip around Seattle and the two shows there.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    You can't underestimate the geography here. Whereas any show in the east (New York, Boston, Philly, etc.) is going to attract fans not only from that city, but from nearby cities (in other states), because they are within reasonable driving/public transit range from each other, Los Angeles -- and California as a whole -- is so spread apart from other major cities that for most people it is not reasonable to travel that far to see one show. (Not to mention the fact that public transit in Southern California may as well be non-existent).

Case in point:

- New York (with its 8.5 million people) is within 2 hours travel time from New Jersey, Philly, and Hartford.
    - Philly is within 2 hours travel time from New York, New Jersey, and Baltimore.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of Europeans come out for east coast shows but rarely for west coast shows.

In Los Angeles, the only notable city within 2 hours is San Diego, but they always get a show when Los Angeles does, so why make the 2 hour drive? The next largest California city is San Francisco, but that's a good 5-6 hours away...

I agree. It's apples and oranges. In terms of that fourth show not selling out, I also went for the first show in LA as I wasn't taking any chances. I really wanted to go to the third though but I'm trying through the general sale this Saturday.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    so instead of these three and four shows in one place, they should have spread it around
    You may have seen me:
    Cleveland 5/20/2006
    Pittsburgh 6/23/2006
    Columbia 6/16/2008
    Bristow 5/13/2010
  • Options
    PS -- Listen to either L.A. boot (or the San Diego boot) from the last tour and you'll see that the love from SoCal is no less than from any other city in the U.S.!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    In Los Angeles, the only notable city within 2 hours is San Diego, but they always get a show when Los Angeles does, so why make the 2 hour drive?
    that goes against your other logic about ny and philly being so close to other cities. :) if pj was playing at both msg and the spectrum in october you'd have the same crowd at both. we don't know how to do just one! lol

the one show limit is a killer for you guys! no doubt there would have been a war going on yesterday without that.
  • Options
    so instead of these three and four shows in one place, they should have spread it around

Not necessarily. All four of these shows will still sell out, so from the band's standpoint they will certainly make more money (and have an easier time doing it) with the four-show run.

• Options
    all very good points

but we are not talking about a small market

LA is a large city and this is arguably the best venue on the "tour." Midweek, limited tix, whatever, I still cant believe these tix are still available.
  • Options

Not necessarily. All four of these shows will still sell out, so from the band's standpoint they will certainly make more money (and have an easier time doing it) with the four-show run.
    yeah, i know...im just bummed i cant go :cry:
    You may have seen me:
    Cleveland 5/20/2006
    Pittsburgh 6/23/2006
    Columbia 6/16/2008
    Bristow 5/13/2010