Options

I Want PJ to cover...

2»

Comments

• Options
    someone suggested on another thread "running to stand still" by U2. I think that would be great. such a good song & with ed's voice would be heaven!

I'd go with any U2 song! But Bullet I think Pearl Jam would do better than U2. Just imagine that guitarsolo done by Mike!
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    Mother- Danzig

I could definitely see Eddie doing a great job w/ this one.
  • Options
    Mother- Danzig

I could definitely see Eddie doing a great job w/ this one.

:eek: YES!!!!! :D:D:D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    'I Kissed a Girl (and I liked it)'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Iron Maiden - NOTB

That 3 second intro at MSG '03 was BAD ASS.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

A Phish cover would be awesome...but not Wilson. Good song, but doesn't have a PJ vibe.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    acutejam wrote:
    As for EV, c'mon, a little Closer to the Heart? I dunno. They're never gonna cover Rush...

Hope we don't have to wait 15 more years for 'em to release a studio album of covers that influenced 'em. JT's just came out, amazing. Rush released there's a few years ago. Few other bands slippin my sake-induced mind right now, but the whole releasing an album of covers thang would be TOUGH for 'em. And awesome.

I always answer "Limelight" when these threads come up. Musically and lyrically it fits PJ to a tee.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald