Options

Obama Benefit

critterveddercrittervedder Posts: 28
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    No clue. I like Obama but $500 for balcony seats, no thanks. ;)
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    That's a pretty intimate venue for two huge artists, not to mention it's their first time playing together. It only seats ~ 2500
  • Options
    It'd be cool if Ed was there. What song you think he'd play? Of course it'd be political. Masters of War maybe? He could always pull out the tried and true Indifference w/ Ben Harper...
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    That's a pretty intimate venue for two huge artists, not to mention it's their first time playing together. It only seats ~ 2500

Makes me wonder who they mean by "exciting guests" though
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    if money is a concern or perhaps geography:

theres a free concert for obama, and bruce is playing acoustic.

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

ON THE STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA
    Free acoustic show at Obama rally in Philly, October 4
    The "Change Rocks" concert announced earlier today (Bruce teams up with Billy Joel, see below) is a fundraiser, so it don't come cheap. But Springsteen is playing a different kind of show for Obama this weekend -- and this one's free. On Saturday afternoon, Bruce will perform an acoustic set at a rally on the streets of Philadelphia. With Pennsylvania's voter registration deadline looming on Monday, the event is an effort to both to register voters and recruit volunteers.

Craig Schirmer, Pennsylvania State Director of the Obama-Biden campaign: "Senator Obama is a great fan of Bruce Springsteen and is honored to have his support. This will be a great opportunity to gather tens of thousands of our supporters together in one place as we register new voters and bring new volunteers into this campaign for change."

Where: Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th and 22nd Streets
    When: Saturday, October 4. Gates open at 2:00, showtime is 3:30
    How: For access to the best viewing area, preferred tickets will be distributed to those who sign up to volunteer -- beginning at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday at the Obama-Biden campaign office. General admission tickets can be secured online at pa.barackobama.com/springsteen.
    - September 30, 2008
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Although it would be cool if Eddie or the band played, I gotta think that Eddie has got to feel pretty good with the amount of campaigning he did for Barack on the solo tours. Besides, I would rather see them keep their nose to the grindstone and finish the record.
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing this, I'm sending the link to my daughter and another friend who adores (both of them)

;)

Bathgate66 wrote:
    if money is a concern or perhaps geography:

theres a free concert for obama, and bruce is playing acoustic.

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

ON THE STREETS OF PHILADELPHIA
    Free acoustic show at Obama rally in Philly, October 4
    The "Change Rocks" concert announced earlier today (Bruce teams up with Billy Joel, see below) is a fundraiser, so it don't come cheap. But Springsteen is playing a different kind of show for Obama this weekend -- and this one's free. On Saturday afternoon, Bruce will perform an acoustic set at a rally on the streets of Philadelphia. With Pennsylvania's voter registration deadline looming on Monday, the event is an effort to both to register voters and recruit volunteers.

Craig Schirmer, Pennsylvania State Director of the Obama-Biden campaign: "Senator Obama is a great fan of Bruce Springsteen and is honored to have his support. This will be a great opportunity to gather tens of thousands of our supporters together in one place as we register new voters and bring new volunteers into this campaign for change."

Where: Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th and 22nd Streets
    When: Saturday, October 4. Gates open at 2:00, showtime is 3:30
    How: For access to the best viewing area, preferred tickets will be distributed to those who sign up to volunteer -- beginning at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday at the Obama-Biden campaign office. General admission tickets can be secured online at pa.barackobama.com/springsteen.
    - September 30, 2008
  • Options
    Wonder if Pearl Jam or Ed will be involved w/ this?
    no more PJ shows in 08
    "I can't hear you, you're trailing off and did I catch a niner in there? Were you calling from a walkie-talkie?"

"No, it was cordless."
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    1. Lounge seats are $10000. The campaign contribution limit is $2300. Is a fundraiser a loophole that lets you give more, or are you donating $2300 to Obama and paying $7700 for the show? Because for $7700 you could almost afford a Rolling Stones ticket instead.

2. Do campaigns usually need zillions of dollars right at the end? October 16 seems kind of last-minute for a fundraiser.