PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    sgossard3 wrote:
    this isnt a full tour... theyre playing where the money and fans are... add a couple more TX dates and id say theyve done a pretty good job strategically spreading the love... i understand what youre saying cause i wouldnt have the money to travel if they werent playing my hometown... but the fact of the matter is the rest of the midwest is fuckin boring... would you ever want to spend more than 5 min in OH if there wasnt a PJ show there? theyd probably rather play places that fans can plan a vacation around then just play every rinky dink city

Yes, every Saturday that Ohio State plays a home football game ;) But other than that, you have a point.
  • CN151596CN151596 Posts: 13
    Feel your pain E.K. Good things come to those who wait, and i've been waiting 11 years for them to come back to NZ. Still going to take in some oz concerts as well tho!! We will just have to wait for the annoucement
  • pjwhorepjwhore Posts: 11
    How were you fellow pj fans able to get on this site for the post for the tour? I tried for four hours this morning and the few times i actually got into the 10c site, i got thrown off due to the server being overloaded. I'm worried this will happen when presale starts. Any suggestions? Woooooo Philly shows!!!!!!!!
  • Tomcat96Tomcat96 Posts: 19
    *big delighted sigh* god I am so happy about having the chance at least for one Seattle show: 22nd is mine, my us-holidays will end in the coffee-water-music-city anyway and now the rumour came true! :D

only need to catch my ticket on monday :shock:

cannot wait, and i am even lucky to see them already in europe soon - life can be so nice...
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    CN151596 wrote:
    Feel your pain E.K. Good things come to those who wait, and i've been waiting 11 years for them to come back to NZ. Still going to take in some oz concerts as well tho!! We will just have to wait for the annoucement

I wish I knew what soon meant.
  • CN151596CN151596 Posts: 13
    Yep abit dissapointing for sure EK. I got up at 3am, hoping and praying we would be included in this annoucement, at least we know it's coming, and a big relief to see NZ get mentioned!!!
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    whitepants wrote:
    Hailing from Michigan, I refuse to believe this is IT for Pearl Jam's North American tour in support of their NEW album. I refuse!

They must come to Detroit, and I mean Detroit Rock City, not AuburnfuckingHills before Xmas 09. That's all Whitepants is going to say on this issue.

:ugeek:

They should play the fox theatre a few nights... the tragically hip tore shit up in there a few months ago, and I think PJ could do some seriously epic shows in a venue that cool. But I agree. fuck Auburn hill and pine knob.

Fucking Word!!!

PJ could easily sell out 2-3 shows at the Fox and put on high-style shows that will make even the brattiest, spoiled, richest jammers from Chicago/NYC/LA want to attend.

And again, Fuck The Palace of Auburn Hills, and REALLY fuck Pine Knob! Come to the D!

I think I'm just going to write to the Ten Club about this request. fuck it. :ugeek:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Are we happy now?

G!!!!! I so wanna go to Seattle... UGH!! why a weekday?!?!?

So do I !!!

My wishfull thinking revolves around the 20th ann. A trip to Seattle with the family: see the sites, hit the needle, a small cruise to Alaska, watch the whales and catch a PJ show.

"The PJ Seattle Fund" is what the savings account says. Hopesully I wont have to tap into it anytime soon.
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    So how long do you have to have been a Ten Club member to do presales again? I think I've been a member since May. Also what if you use another family members credit card (same last name)?
    As long as you are a current 10C member, there is no restrictions for "how long" you;ve been a member. Just as long as your membership was current as of the other day.

No issue at all with using someone else's credit card as long as you purchase the tix under your log in on the Goods section and have the credit cards correct billing address in your profile to select as the billing address.
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    At least for these shows they are staggering the times unlike before, I believe the first leg of Eddie shows was a mess.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    CN151596 wrote:
    Yep abit dissapointing for sure EK. I got up at 3am, hoping and praying we would be included in this annoucement, at least we know it's coming, and a big relief to see NZ get mentioned!!!

I got up at 6 am :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 242&ref=nf

According to this site it could take weeks. :?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    why arent chicago shows listed .?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JS42804JS42804 Posts: 11
    if anyone from the Portland area wants to get together to travel up to Seattle (and we're lucky enuf to score tickets), give me a yell :!:
  • hailhail50hailhail50 Posts: 12
    How awesome, the long rumored Spectrum shows! Does anyone remember what the cost of the pair of 10C tix was for the most recent US show you bought them for? I have not bought tickets on there since last summer's tour. Thanks
    "Stone (Gossard, Pearl Jam guitarist) is barely a guy, anyway. [Laughs] He's not a dude. He wears flip-flops onstage."

-Janet Weiss of Sleater-Kinney
  • I know people say that PJ can't really sell out 20,000 seat arenas in the south, but there are plenty of smaller 5,000 to 10,000 seat places they would easily sell out. In Atlanta alone there is Chastain Park, The Arena at Gwinnett Center, the Fox (3 night stand!), The Verizon Ampitheater. They would sell out those places in a heartbeat. Plus, when they played Buffalo in '03, they didn't sell out HSBC and they didn't sell out ACC either night in '06 (maybe they did night 1, but definately not night 2). I think they have no issue playing to a 3/4 capacity crowd. They would still make a shit load on merch. PJ fans by anything with a band logo. I just think they're looking to scale touring back. But, I don't think 9 shows in 4 cities can be counted as a tour. I hope for something bigger in 2010, but I'm cool if it doesn't materialize.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    hailhail50 wrote:
    How awesome, the long rumored Spectrum shows! Does anyone remember what the cost of the pair of 10C tix was for the most recent US show you bought them for? I have not bought tickets on there since last summer's tour. Thanks
    i think it was $150 for a chicago pair
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    sgossard3 wrote:
    .. a red rocks show would help spread the love a little more too... .

i would LOVE to catch PJ at red rocks ~ a total DREAM of mine!
    question tho - does red rocks still have concerts in october? what's their cut-off date for shows? i have no idea...

I know. I was really hoping that they would play Red Rocks.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    can someone answer this question I have about the general public sale on Friday for the Spectrum shows....

is there a ticket pre-sale or just on that Friday? thanks.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    people keep saying they play these small tours because they have kids and families . so do i. that's great. so when you play these tours maybe do LA, SD, PHX, Dallas, ACL, Atlanta etc... instead of 4 LA and 2 CHI and 2 Philly. If you want to only do a 3 week tour can't you at least play more than 4 cities?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Sorry to be a whiner but no love for Phoenix? the US' 6th largest city yet no shows since '03 ?!?!
    It's nice here in the fall. Not like the steaming 9th circle of hell it is this week!!
    Come in October you can party with Bono!

And no weekend shows in Cali for those of us who have limited $$ or vacation time. I'm happy for those who get to go to one or more shows but this sucks for everyone not on the coast or not fiscally solvent enough to travel any more in this economy. My best bet at this point may be San Diego, fingers crossed.

Last whine: WAHHH, announcement 1 day after the end of the US Air & SW Air fare sales with $60 RT PHX>SAN !?!?!?!?! The stars are just not aligned for the desert dwellers. Almost makes a gal want to move back to NYC (but not quite).

On the plus side, nice to see the staggered times, primo seat lottery for those who don't have a 10C # good as mine (lot of fnckin' good it does me!) and limiting LA to one show per. All sounds pretty fair to me.

Peace,
    KJ

I am in Phoenix, too, but I think we will get an added date to be perfectly honest. Plus we now know the dates in LA and San Diego, so ticket deals will come back again, they always do, just keep your eyes open! Plus the drive isn't too bad.

I can't wait until whatever show I can get to! Preferably Philly but whatever works.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i did not read through the full thread, and i really don't want to be a whiner, but my first thought was this....

wow another US "tour" and nowhere near st louis or the south. i am getting really tired of this. 9 shows in about 6 weeks, my cover band has done more than that in a month.

i live in st louis. we got a vote for change show and nothing since. seem like if you don't live on one of the coasts you are sh@t out of luck. :roll:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    ragejoe wrote:
    so 2010,,,,,,,what left???????a proper in europe,,and......SOUTH F****N AMERICA...thats my next one after Europe this August :D:D:D :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen::mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:

Judging by the sound of the crowd on all the Boots... A South America Show would be quite an experience

A question the SA shows.

Do they have assigned seating or is it GA as far as 10c is concerned. I was watching the Iron Maiden flight 666 and SA was out of hand!!
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • I can't believe how expensive these tickets are. What ever happened to the band trying to keep prices low? $80+ a pop plus taxes and fees?
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    sgossard3 wrote:
    hailhail50 wrote:
    i think it was $150 for a chicago pair

I will take $150.00 for a pair of PJ tickets... EV solo on the other hand ;)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I can't believe how expensive these tickets are. What ever happened to the band trying to keep prices low? $80+ a pop plus taxes and fees?
    Agreed. My only complaint.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    ComeToTX wrote:
    people keep saying they play these small tours because they have kids and families . so do i. that's great. so when you play these tours maybe do LA, SD, PHX, Dallas, ACL, Atlanta etc... instead of 4 LA and 2 CHI and 2 Philly. If you want to only do a 3 week tour can't you at least play more than 4 cities?

So the band should give up time with their families so that you don't have to?
  • In 2000 it was $65 for 2 tix, 2003 it was 86.00, in 2006 it was 112.40. We're up 100% in 6 years.
    ComeToTX wrote:

So the band should give up time with their families so that you don't have to?
    i think what hes saying is spread the love... why play multiple dates in 1 city when you can just play 1 night in every place and play more cities? economically it makes more sense for the band to do the multiple night things... but i can understand the other side...

In 2000 it was $65 for 2 tix, 2003 it was 86.00, in 2006 it was 112.40. We're up 100% in 6 years.
    hey... laser light shows dont come cheap

definitely strange though when you compare it to the $25 a ticket AIC is charging... similarly awesome shows from bands with similar roots...

id be more likely/willing to travel to see them if they were still $65-85 a pair

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I know people say that PJ can't really sell out 20,000 seat arenas in the south, but there are plenty of smaller 5,000 to 10,000 seat places they would easily sell out. In Atlanta alone there is Chastain Park, The Arena at Gwinnett Center, the Fox (3 night stand!), The Verizon Ampitheater. They would sell out those places in a heartbeat. Plus, when they played Buffalo in '03, they didn't sell out HSBC and they didn't sell out ACC either night in '06 (maybe they did night 1, but definately not night 2). I think they have no issue playing to a 3/4 capacity crowd. They would still make a shit load on merch. PJ fans by anything with a band logo. I just think they're looking to scale touring back. But, I don't think 9 shows in 4 cities can be counted as a tour. I hope for something bigger in 2010, but I'm cool if it doesn't materialize.

they have turned into Bruce Springsteen. They will only tour 'safe' cities frequently (like how Bruce only plays Jersey now because they are the only people who still really like his music) Pearl Jam safe cities are: Philly, Seattle, LA, NYC, Chicago and Boston. They will tour these cities as much as possible because they know they can sell them out. Like Bruce, they will tour once every 5-7 years outside of those safe cities because they will be able to sell out those places if they come to them less frequently. So expect a date in Atlanta when Eddie is 60 years old
This discussion has been closed.