Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
edited December 2013 in Other Music
http://thirdmanrecords.com/vault.html

Anybody else see this/plan on joining? I plan on signing up and selling off the stuff I don't want. Hopefully get some cool stuff from the Stripes.

I dunno if the guy is ahead of the curve or behind it, but he's cool as hell in my book.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    thanks, i've been looking for the first dead weather single for some time but the prices online are obscene, only $6 at the label's site
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i will give jack my 60 bucks...sounds cool
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    I'm all in for the monthly coolness!
  • poorgirl23poorgirl23 Posts: 194
    I'm a fangirl, I signed up. This is exciting. Already there's a bunch of old live footage, interviews, rehearsals, photos, etc. that have never surfaced before, and they're going to be updating all the time and streaming live concerts and such. !!!!!! can't wait for whatever goodies come in the mailings each quarter as well.

the drunken hilarious "oral history" interview w/ the dead weather alone is worth the first month subscription for me. :lol:
    Common sense is not so common.
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Anyone know anything about the coloured vinyl that was released by Dead Weather?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Anyone know anything about the coloured vinyl that was released by Dead Weather?

all releases on the label now have a limited run of 100 tri-colored vinyl (black, white, yellow) that you can only get in person at the record store at his label headquarters. the only exception that i know of is the lastest dead weather single, which has not been available for purchase, just handed out by jack after a show, included with your purchase at the record store as a surprise when you open the bag, or randomly included with orders made online.

there's also a two-colored version of Horehound (white, yellow) only available at the shop in nashville that's limited to 500 copies.

yes, i'm a geek.
  • Yeah, I coughed up the dough to be a platinum member. It will be fun to see the streaming concerts, archived footage etc. plus I bet there will be some nice perks that will be worth it!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Joined last night! has anyone seen what the first package is?

Check it out?

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/blog/all/7236/1

I love the fact it's going to be only the amount pressings they need for platinum members and the mono 180 gram pressing of Icky Thump, just make you wonder what they've got planned for later.

Personally I'm in for the music and won't be sticking my stash on Ebay but I'm sure some will capitalise on theirs, hell even Jack says so if your not happy.

I've not been into Jack White for more than a few years and came round to his way with Raconteurs Broken Boy Soldiers but learned to love The White Stripes as well. The Dead Weather album sounds like it will be a treat if that free download is anything to go by.

Can't wait to hear it, I hope I get to see him in some form or other and joining this scheme will hopefully get me a chance at some point.
    Can you sign up for the first 3 months, as we know what you get (ie Icky Thump Lp etc) and then wait to see whats in stall for the second 3 months?
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Can you sign up for the first 3 months, as we know what you get (ie Icky Thump Lp etc) and then wait to see whats in stall for the second 3 months?

Below is the stipulation for cancelling the memberships. So with this is mind, I don't see how you could know ahead of time what the next goodies will be. I'm very happy with the content and merch already for the $60. I doubt I'll cancel anytime soon!

Modlife must receive notification of your intent to cancel 30 days before the end of your billing period. Notice less than 30 days before the end of your billing period will not go into effect until the following billing period. See our Privacy Policy for more information on how your credit card information will be stored.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Interesting concept here from Jack. It's a lotta coin however. I thought it was interesting that in the FAQs it mentioned the Sub-pop single and how much it sells for on ebay, it's almost like they're asking for people to flip them online. On a sad side note, one time I saw somebody selling the Sub-Pop single on ebay with a buy it now for like $15, clearly not knowing how much it was worth, missed it by 90 seconds, some fan out there got a steal.
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    Signed in. Like all 3 bands and trust everything this guy does to be way above average. Saw some really cool footage yesterday, I guess it's well worth trying it out for 3 months at least.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • mavi wrote:
    Signed in. Like all 3 bands and trust everything this guy does to be way above average. Saw some really cool footage yesterday, I guess it's well worth trying it out for 3 months at least.

Go platinum, baby! All you flippers will make your money back on the material they release alone. A worthy monetary investment plus the stuff featured on there is cool as hell! So far, the chat boards are a little weak compared to here, but its a new process. At least do yourself a favor and check the site out!
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    mavi wrote:

Go platinum, baby! All you flippers will make your money back on the material they release alone. A worthy monetary investment plus the stuff featured on there is cool as hell! So far, the chat boards are a little weak compared to here, but its a new process. At least do yourself a favor and check the site out!

no doubt! the regular version of icky thump goes for at least 1/2 the 3 month's membership price ($60). i can't imagine how much this one will go for, though i plan on keeping mine) as soon as my check is deposited tomorrow am i'm gonna sign up for the platinum membership
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • mavimavi Posts: 941

You got me! I'm in 8-)
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
    was finally able to catch one these spontaneous live webcam thingies they've started doing on the site just about every day. usually i'm at work and miss it. just saw the dead weather perform an acoustic version of a song called rocking horse. sounded great! i guess the first one was jack singing a hank williams song, and the second one his nephew came on with a trivia question and a giveaway of a two-colored vinyl Horehound. there might've been another one i've missed in there. anyway, i think it's an exciting thing.

if you follow TMR on twitter, they'll usually give at least 20 minutes notice for these webcasts. i get the text msg alerts sent to my phone, which is great, if i'm not sitting at work cursing the lack of internet. :lol:
  • poorgirl23 wrote:
    was finally able to catch one these spontaneous live webcam thingies they've started doing on the site just about every day. usually i'm at work and miss it. just saw the dead weather perform an acoustic version of a song called rocking horse. sounded great! i guess the first one was jack singing a hank williams song, and the second one his nephew came on with a trivia question and a giveaway of a two-colored vinyl Horehound. there might've been another one i've missed in there. anyway, i think it's an exciting thing.

if you follow TMR on twitter, they'll usually give at least 20 minutes notice for these webcasts. i get the text msg alerts sent to my phone, which is great, if i'm not sitting at work cursing the lack of internet. :lol:

I am frustrated that I've missed a couple of those live feeds! I spent alot of time on there the past 3 days, and just when I have to go do something, the feeds pop up. Thats just my luck! Whats your user name over there. PM me if you'd prefer. I missed the one today by 4 minutes. :cry:
    it's poorgirl over there as well. :) yeah i hate missing anything. but i still think it's neat. i try not to be bitter. :mrgreen: it was said today that they realize people have jobs and social lives, and for that reason they'll be doing it "alll the time"... seems like they try to do it at varying times of the day as well.
  • poorgirl23 wrote:
    it's poorgirl over there as well. :) yeah i hate missing anything. but i still think it's neat. i try not to be bitter. :mrgreen: it was said today that they realize people have jobs and social lives, and for that reason they'll be doing it "alll the time"... seems like they try to do it at varying times of the day as well.

Their idea of varying times just happens to coincide with " I cant be watching right now" I'm not bitter, I just know the good stuff happens when I'm away. Story of my life. Wait, did that sound bitter- sorry.

Their idea of varying times just happens to coincide with " I cant be watching right now" I'm not bitter, I just know the good stuff happens when I'm away. Story of my life. Wait, did that sound bitter- sorry.

I didn't mean that you sounded bitter, sorry! ;) just meant that I have to try hard not to be bitter when I miss the good stuff, because I want to see/hear everything.

there's a nice feature on TMR & Mr. White in the new Wall Street Journal. it's online as well >>
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 23592.html ...(there's also some cool footage under the 'video' tab.)
    Right, a little help people.

I signed up for the platinum sub a few weeks ago. I thought I'd give the first 3mths a try and see what its like.
    Anyway, I got an email a few days ago asking what size t-shirt I wanted so it seems like they have me signed up.

The problem is I can't view any of the videos on the sights page for the dead weather, Raconteurs or white stripes. Can anyone else? It keeps saying I need to sign up for a premium level. WTF??
    I am able to post so I must be signed up.

I've contacted the vault and heard nothing back.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Right, a little help people.

I signed up for the platinum sub a few weeks ago. I thought I'd give the first 3mths a try and see what its like.
    Anyway, I got an email a few days ago asking what size t-shirt I wanted so it seems like they have me signed up.

The problem is I can't view any of the videos on the sights page for the dead weather, Raconteurs or white stripes. Can anyone else? It keeps saying I need to sign up for a premium level. WTF??
    I am able to post so I must be signed up.

I've contacted the vault and heard nothing back.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

http://modlife.com/thevault

That's the link I use.
    Dewie, when you go into the vault and into the dead weather page, can you view any of the LA Roxy clips in the sight page??

It keeps saying that I have to sign up for a premium membership.
    Getting really frustrating!!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Dewie, when you go into the vault and into the dead weather page, can you view any of the LA Roxy clips in the sight page??

I don't know whats going on with your membership over there. I also can view all roxy clpis, post comments on any of the features, modmail etc, so something must be wrong with your account. Sorry that its a problem for you. If you go to any of the vault pages, on the top right you should be able to click on my modlife and then go to my subscriptions and all your current info. should be there. If not, there is also a contact us tab and you can go from there. Good luck!
    Dewie, when you go into the vault and into the dead weather page, can you view any of the LA Roxy clips in the sight page??

I don't know whats going on with your membership over there. I also can view all roxy clpis, post comments on any of the features, modmail etc, so something must be wrong with your account. Sorry that its a problem for you. If you go to any of the vault pages, on the top right you should be able to click on my modlife and then go to my subscriptions and all your current info. should be there. If not, there is also a contact us tab and you can go from there. Good luck!

Hey, there does seem to be a problem. When I click on "my modlife" I don't have a "my subscriptions" option.
    I can't find it for the life of me!! There's loads of options but no "my subscriptions".
    I can post so I do have an account. I do log in.
    Wish they'd get back to me.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Its saying internet explorer can't open my page. Is there something else I can do?
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Hey, there does seem to be a problem. When I click on "my modlife" I don't have a "my subscriptions" option.
    I can't find it for the life of me!! There's loads of options but no "my subscriptions".
    I can post so I do have an account. I do log in.
    Wish they'd get back to me.[/quote]

The next step would be the "contact us" option and go from there. I hope they help you out!
  • Its saying internet explorer can't open my page. Is there something else I can do?

from any modlife page, on the bottom of the black box, there are some general help questions with answers and a contact us option. You should probably contact them through there!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I don't have any problems. Though I wasn't logged in at first and there was a little "Premium" button that took me to the create account page.
    After a couple of emails back & forth, Kirk from modlife finally sorted the problem.
    Haven't a clue what was wrong but it works now.

About bloody time!!! ;)
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14