set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    That's the worst list I've ever seen
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    That's the worst list I've ever seen
    lol.. i was just thinking the same thing...

lets see whos list is ganna suck more...

Pearl Jam
    Maroon 5
    The Exies
    New Kids on the block (Im so going to the reunion) lol Kidding of course...
    Foghat
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    iknow why it doesnt suck

i forgot the band second coming

great great band
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Bel Biv Divoe
  • deadnote wrote:
    1 pearl jam
    2 the doors
    3 the tea party
    4 seven mary three
    5 the cult
    6 ccr
    7 bad company

i am going with pearl jam as my choice but the doors still own the jukebox
    first pick
    seven mary three?!? having one decent song hardly allows you to compete against PJ and CCR

if i had to vote for THE all-time rock voice tho id go with CCR... fogerty is incredible... i love ed but john just does so much in a pretty simple way... a VERY strong body of work
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Bel Biv Divoe

Now ya know...
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    guertin32 wrote:
    lol.. i was just thinking the same thing...

lets see whos list is ganna suck more...

Pearl Jam
    Maroon 5
    The Exies
    New Kids on the block (Im so going to the reunion) lol Kidding of course...
    Foghat
    Haha. Actually loved Foghat back in the day. Saw them in concert even. Haven't thought of them in years and years! Must go listen, but we probably don't have a cd and probably got rid of the lp. Youtube it is! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Hey the topic is "your favorite band" If that's who this person likes that's cool.

Mine are:

Pearl Jam
    Dave Matthews
    NIN
    Pink Floyd
    Alice In Chains
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    sgossard3 wrote:
    seven mary three?!? having one decent song hardly allows you to compete against PJ and CCR
    Which decent song are you talking about? If I remember correctly from high school, that whole first album they had was good. I think they left mainstream on purpose. I heard their later albums were quite interesting. I'll have to check them out some time.. I'm not a fan of CCR, but I'll give them my respect.

That said..

Pearl Jam
    U2
    The Cure
    The Police
    The Ramones

Honorable mentions..

Tom Petty
    The Who
    Neil Young
    The Rolling Stones
    Depeche mode
  • Which decent song are you talking about? If I remember correctly from high school, that whole first album they had was good. I think they left mainstream on purpose. I heard their later albums were quite interesting. I'll have to check them out some time.
    i was refering to cumbersome if youre talking about american standard (?)... the rest of the album i think is pretty listenable but not great... and i suppose i should give their later work a chance too... if theyve gone at all the way of silverchair some of it might be alright

Oh and my favorites: (i thought the original idea was which out of the ones listed)
    Pearl Jam
    Soundgarden
    Neil Young
    NIN
    Bob Dylan
    The Who
    AIC
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    sgossard3 wrote:
    (i thought the original idea was which out of the ones
    Ah! Ooops! OK, now this thread kind of sucks. It's a no brainer from that list.
  • That's the worst list I've ever seen

yeah, im going to have to agree with that, also. the doors and the tea party? come on, dude lol. being a canadian, i am going to apologize to the rest of the world for exporting acts such as the tea party.......... and rush...... and celine dione....... and anne murray........ and the bare naked ladies....... and organized ryme.... and nickelback....... and three days grace..... and simple plan..... and bob rock (he ruined metallica).... and finger eleven..... and k.d. lang.... i could go on for a long time but ill stop here.

BUT

i will not apologize for gordon lightfoot and blue rodeo. those guys rule.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Hall and Oats
    Pearl Jam
    The Who
    My Morning Jacket
    U2
    Foo Fighters
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Rush has an excellent catalogue... and you also gave us Neil Young and TOM GREEN, who I am very greatful for...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    OK, back to 1st pick. PJ of course. :)
    I'll list other my fav five.

Doors
    Beatles
    AIC
    Soundgarden
    Neil Young :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Pearl Jam
    Alice In Chains
    The Breeders
    The Pixies
    Soundgarden
    Velvet Underground
    Rage Against The Machine

Yea I guess there good
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."