Dave Mathews at Stones house

possomistspossomists Posts: 427
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Im not looking to see if this was posted. I just heard a radio interview by Dave Mathews saying he recorded the new album at Stone Gossards small house in Seattle.
"you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
-ed july 8th MSG 2004
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mtbr03mtbr03 Posts: 40

Probably referring to Studio Litho, the recording studio that Stone owns in Seattle (Fremont).
  • Dave lives in Ballard. Its really not that far from Stone's studio.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    On the DMB cd it References Studio Litho Seattle Washington
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    I thought they recorded the new album in New Orleans.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • In this morning's radio interview with Matt Pinfield on 101.9 (NYC area) he mentioned doing a lot of the arrangements at Stone's studio.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    ejny wrote:
    In this morning's radio interview with Matt Pinfield on 101.9 (NYC area) he mentioned doing a lot of the arrangements at Stone's studio.

Cool, I'm not a huge DMB fan. I just saw a video where he let some people into a studio in the Warehouse DIstrict in New Orleans. I'm sure they just worked on it both places.

How is the new record?
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    rrivers wrote:
    How is the new record?
    i have a lady friend who is a huge fan and all she had to say was "ehhhh" :|

i thought the thing they played on falon sounded ok compared to recent efforts though... im sure ill never get around to picking it up... havent liked em since middle school
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    rrivers wrote:
    How is the new record?

It's the best thing the band has put out since Before These Crowded Streets. It's a solid B, IMO.

There's a DVD in the "deluxe" edition of the album that features several scenes at Litho.
  • AndySlash wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    How is the new record?

It's the best thing the band has put out since Before These Crowded Streets. It's a solid B, IMO.

There's a DVD in the "deluxe" edition of the album that features several scenes at Litho.
    +1 I really didn't think I'd like it at all but I do!
    Why go home?
  • I really like the new DMB album. Specifically, time bomb and dive in. I hated it upon initial listen, but the same can be said about Got Some. Now I love Got Some.

Just takes a little getting used to.
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,905
    Dave Mathews looks like Captain Andy Hilstrand's (Time Bandit) twin brother.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I have to say that I love the new album. Gave it a few listens already and it's WAY better than the last few that came out. It's at least worth a listen!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    AndySlash wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    How is the new record?

I've heard good things about it. I like "Funny the way it is" that I downloaded during the free dl period.

I was never much into them, but they are a good band to have on my ipod that comes up every once in awhile on shuffle.
  • You can hear the new album hear. Like like Spaceman alot.

http://www.spinner.com/new-releases#/6
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I am just not a fan of Dave Matthews or his band.
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    my dad sorta knows dave he lives in wallingford and you can hear music coming out of their garage probably has his band over

I LOVE the new album! its awesome :D
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009