12346»

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Wilco
    My Morning Jacket
    The Hold Steady

(non PJ ofocurse)

mentions to R.E.M & Modest Mouse.. Also Ryan Adams.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    g under p wrote:
    I found this very interesting:

I Checked through this thread and less than 50% of the posters posted PEARL JAM in their top 3. I didn't count those who said other or aside from PJ. If you love Pearl Jam that much then they should be be in your top 3, PJ didn't make it my top 3.

Peace

Pearl Jam is a given. Since this is the 'Other Music' forum, I think it's nice to give some other bands a little exposure.

True I see your point.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RM181658 wrote:
    I'm gonna post the ones that are currently sparking my interest the most...not that I place these over my other favorite bands but rather the bands that really reflect my mood lately and get the most play.

MGMT
    Deathcab For Cutie
    Band of Horses

others that should be mentioned:

Wilco
    Elliot Smith
    The Decemberists
    The Shins
    Modest Mouse
    Hum
    Polyphonic Spree
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The National
    Sufjan Stevens

Damn, I like your taste! 'You'd prefer an astronaut' is one of my top 3 all-time favorite albums...i'm gonna check out some of the ones you have listed:)

Thanks! I found quite a few awesome bands to get to know, myself, just looking through this thread last night. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    Kings Of Leon
    Fleet Foxes
    Silversun Pickups
    I miss you hippiemom.