2.Ashes Divide
    3.Alkaline Trio
  • Options
    Pearl Jam
    Kings Of Leon
    Pearl Jam

Is there anybody else?
  • Options
    1. Delta Spirit - Just saw them again last night at The El Rey. Great show. "Ode to Sunshine" is a great album. Beautiful lyrics and great music. I can't see many PJ fans not liking this band.

2. Mark Lanegan/Greg Dulli - Ever since The Gutter Twins albums came out last year they've been in heavy rotation. I never got into the Afghan Whigs and love them now. Looking forward to seeing them play unplugged next month at The Trouabdour.

3. Kyuss - Josh Homme and John Garcia. Seriously.
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    1. Pearl Jam
    2. Kings of Leon
    3. Okkervil River
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Röeghmann wrote:
    1. Pearl Jam
    2. Kings of Leon
    3. Okkervil River

Okkervil River has been a band I've recently discovered, and I'm impressed...it's a new style, but I like it :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    [/quote]Down are number 4 on mine =P[/quote]

Saw them open for Metallica....KICKED ASS! One of the best current metal bands in my opinion, aside from Mastodon who will make you shit your metal pants!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Wilco
    Mastodon
    Arcade Fire
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    1) Killers

2) Arcade Fire

3) My Morning Jacket

4) Muse
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,643
    best bands right now

1. pearl jam
    2. wilco
    3. my morning jacket
    4. radiohead
    5. arcade fire

sorry, i couldn't do three. i'd knock off arcade fire if anyone, but with the top four, they are all too good to not be mentioned.
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    My Morning Jacket
    Wilco
    The Hold Steady
  • Options
    ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Kings Of Leon
    Pearl Jam

Is there anybody else?

yes there are plenty of better bands then KOL and many other then PJ.
  • Options
    koda74koda74 Posts: 86
    Pearl Jam
    Muse
    Chevelle
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    NIN prob the best example of never sitting still, Trent has kinda taken that from Bowie (My personal GOD)
    Pearl Jam - Because I always find they are relevent.
    The Black Keys - Always trying to improve on the sound. Lyrically they keep getting better. These guys nearly made an album with Ike Turner. Someone that huge takes that kind of risk with an almost unknown (at the time) band. He saw how forward thinking they were. Shame he died before the project was started.
  • Options
    redmosquito10redmosquito10 Posts: 568
    My Morning Jacket
    TV On the Radio
    Black Keys

Pearl Jam and Radiohead are a given for me, so I left them out intentionally
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    My Morning Jacket
    TV On the Radio
    Black Keys

Pearl Jam and Radiohead are a given for me, so I left them out intentionally

Yer your right, so im gonna take PJ out. Some of you may disagree with this because he aint strictly rock but I will go with Ray Lamontagne because, well just because of he makes me feel lol
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    Other than Pearl Jam:

Incubus
    Kings of Leon
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
    Not counting Pearl Jam:)...current list:

1. Death Cab for Cutie- Ben Gibbard is a an amazing writer, and the music always matches...

2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs- live in Prague in a venue with max 1,000 standing room....only 1 more month!

3. The Aloof (esp. 'seeking pleasure')- with a touch of ambience, this band is hypnotic...
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 457
    Pearl Jam
    Wilco
    The Gaslight Anthem
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    1. The Hold Steady - they don't seem to be able to put out a bad album. Plus Craig Finn's storytelling lyrics are great.

2. The Raconteurs - just a great rock band. Jack White is the man.

3. Silverchair - No band has ever progressed as much as these guys. They seem to be getting better with age.

As much as I LOVE The White Stripes, I can't get into The Racs...And I have tried frequently...
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    my top 3 are:

1a. pearl jam
    1b. black crowes
    2. drive by truckers

also have to give love to a few others i've seen mentioned
    my morning jacket, wilco, any jack white project, jason isbell and the 400 unit, nine inch nails, andrew bird
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    1. alice in chains

2. pearl jam

3. blind melon
  • Options
    gus stillsgus stills Posts: 339
    Besides PJ

1. KOL
    2. MMJ
    3. Gaslight Anthem

honorable mention: King Kahn and the Shrines, M. Ward (now that he has discovered his electric guitar!) and, as always, the Boss
  • Options
    1. Stone Temple Pilots
    2. Pearl Jam
    3. The Killers
  • Options
    I'm gonna post the ones that are currently sparking my interest the most...not that I place these over my other favorite bands but rather the bands that really reflect my mood lately and get the most play.

MGMT
    Deathcab For Cutie
    Band of Horses

others that should be mentioned:

Wilco
    Elliot Smith
    The Decemberists
    The Shins
    Modest Mouse
    Hum
    Polyphonic Spree
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The National
    Sufjan Stevens
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
    I'm gonna post the ones that are currently sparking my interest the most...not that I place these over my other favorite bands but rather the bands that really reflect my mood lately and get the most play.

MGMT
    Deathcab For Cutie
    Band of Horses

others that should be mentioned:

Wilco
    Elliot Smith
    The Decemberists
    The Shins
    Modest Mouse
    Hum
    Polyphonic Spree
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The National
    Sufjan Stevens

Damn, I like your taste! 'You'd prefer an astronaut' is one of my top 3 all-time favorite albums...i'm gonna check out some of the ones you have listed:)
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    1. Pearl Jam
    2. Phish
    3. Bon Iver
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I would say Pearl Jam, Radiohead & Phish, but if we're not going by already "established" bands ...

My Morning Jacket
    Kings of Leon
    Arcade Fire

Strokes, TV on the Radio, Umphrey's MCGee, Roots, Damian Marley, Citizen Cope also fit this.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    1. Tragically Hip

2. Alice in Chains/Jerry Cantrell
    3. Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I found this very interesting:

I Checked through this thread and less than 50% of the posters posted PEARL JAM in their top 3. I didn't count those who said other or aside from PJ. If you love Pearl Jam that much then they should be be in your top 3, PJ didn't make it my top 3.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    I found this very interesting:

I Checked through this thread and less than 50% of the posters posted PEARL JAM in their top 3. I didn't count those who said other or aside from PJ. If you love Pearl Jam that much then they should be be in your top 3, PJ didn't make it my top 3.

Peace

Pearl Jam is a given. Since this is the 'Other Music' forum, I think it's nice to give some other bands a little exposure.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde