Eddie Vedder - Cubs Owner?

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I've heard that a few Chicago celebs have been approached by investors to throw down on the Cubs. People like John Cusak, John Bulushi and others were considered- but why not Ed?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    I think Ed wasted all his money on white pants
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    My sister asked me the same question the other day. She loves the Cardinals. I mean she LOVES the Cardinals. But she is pissed that they traded or whatever they do her favorite Cardinal to the Cubs, ummmmm Miles something or something Miles?
    Anyway she said Eddie should buy the Cubs and she will ask him for her dude back. Then Eddie can play in his place on the Cubs. :lol:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Nooo he's been wearing jeans lately! Odd since he never really used to.

There is a movie on one of the movie channels this month, Night Of The White Pants, every time I come across it I tell the hubby it should be about Eddie :mrgreen:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    mindi wrote:
    My sister asked me the same question the other day. She loves the Cardinals. I mean she LOVES the Cardinals. But she is pissed that they traded or whatever they do her favorite Cardinal to the Cubs, ummmmm Miles something or something Miles?
    Anyway she said Eddie should buy the Cubs and she will ask him for her dude back. Then Eddie can play in his place on the Cubs. :lol:

Wow, your sister's favorite player is Aaron Miles? I mean, that is a true fan.

I think if ed were to buy the Cubbies, we would never see him again. What a dream gig that would be...like fantasy baseball but, you know, real.
    mindi wrote:

Cardinals fans are creepy.
    edited May 2009
    Yep Aaron Miles, she has this thing for him. I guess he has a beard now? She has/had tickets for all the games this week Cards/Cubs. Anyway she posted at facebook this morning that he has a beard and I guess she is liking it since she said she would post pictures :?

She is a true Cards fan. She has this display case she bought at some store when it was going out of business filled with Cards stuff. And I spose my PJ obsession is about equal to her Cards one :D I do not have a display case tho. :lol:
    Post edited by mindi on
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    He was on the Sox for a little while, before we traded him for Juan Uribe. Worked out quite well for us. :)
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    mindi wrote:

I think you mean "awesome" instead of "creepy"

2792_78195367772_513862772_1812449_8173372_n.jpg
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    nicely done with the photoshop!
  • MLB/Selig approves all owners. These groups of rich celeberties are always shot down. They want successful business people.

PS CUBS suck!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    PJBuckeye wrote:

:lol:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    MH80359 wrote:
    MLB/Selig approves all owners. These groups of rich celeberties are always shot down. They want successful business people.

PS CUBS suck!

Actually, the other owners decide on it.

And Cards fans weird? What's cheering for a team that hasn't won for 100 years and are on track for another 100?

Just went to the game last night..... Miles good enough for the cardinals, but they got a few young now, that are better.
  • I think he would be better than Mark Cuban, thank god that didnt happen.
    mattcoz wrote:
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    He was on the Sox for a little while, before we traded him for Juan Uribe. Worked out quite well for us. :)

It did. Uribe's catch in stands in game 4 was much more impressive than the Jeter catch that gets so much hype.
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    mindi wrote:

I think you mean "awesome" instead of "creepy"

2792_78195367772_513862772_1812449_8173372_n.jpg

No
    Actually, the other owners decide on it.

And Cards fans weird? What's cheering for a team that hasn't won for 100 years and are on track for another 100?

Just went to the game last night..... Miles good enough for the cardinals, but they got a few young now, that are better.[/quote]

I'm a Sox fan. I think Cubs fans are pathetic. They are an embarassment to my city.

But Cardinal fans are definitely creepy. Are you aware of the guy who does the"Staying Alive" dance after every 2 strike foul ball? Weird.
  • BUY THE BULLS ED!!!!!!! WE NEED MORE SHOWS AT THE UNITED CENTER!!!!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    mindi wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

There is a movie on one of the movie channels this month, Night Of The White Pants, every time I come across it I tell the hubby it should be about Eddie :mrgreen:

It is true, Ed has been sporting jeans lately but I heard that he is going to break out the white pants for his upcoming solo tour! Ed only wears white between Memorial Day and Labor Day. :shock: :oops:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    mindi wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

It is true, Ed has been sporting jeans lately but I heard that he is going to break out the white pants for his upcoming solo tour! Ed only wears white between Memorial Day and Labor Day. :shock: :oops:
    He wore the white pants when I saw him in Milwaukee. For the Memphis show he needs to break out these
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 347fg4.png :shock:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    mattcoz wrote:
    nuzzer1 wrote:

It did. Uribe's catch in stands in game 4 was much more impressive than the Jeter catch that gets so much hype.

What a catch that was. Uribe's catch never gets any love. The fact that it was in the 9th inning of a clinching world series game makes it that much more impressive.
  • tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    mindi wrote:

There is this awesome 5 minute comedy bit on XM that keeps getting played... Some poor lady goes to see a comic and the comic pics her out of the crowd to ask a question to. Instead of going along with it the lady gets mad. She starts dishing is out to the comedian and then the comedian lays into her. The lady says something along the lines of her baseball playing boyfriend will kick the guys ass... the comedian then starts making fun of the baseball player. Calling him a girly man and just being relentless. At the end of the clip the comedian asks who her boyfriend was and it turns out to be Aaron Miles. The lady is now his wife and it was recorded sometime in 2003 when he played in the minors for Charlotte.

ALSO:

In the beginning part of the decade Aaron Miles shot a guy. He was trying out for Houston and it was spring training. 2 guys burst into the room trying to rob him. He wrestled a guy to the ground and when trying to get the gun away from the guy it went off into the burglar. The burglar lived and the other burglar left when his buddy was shot.

Aaron miles was a hell of a Cardinal...
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
    mindi wrote:

There is this awesome 5 minute comedy bit on XM that keeps getting played... Some poor lady goes to see a comic and the comic pics her out of the crowd to ask a question to. Instead of going along with it the lady gets mad. She starts dishing is out to the comedian and then the comedian lays into her. The lady says something along the lines of her baseball playing boyfriend will kick the guys ass... the comedian then starts making fun of the baseball player. Calling him a girly man and just being relentless. At the end of the clip the comedian asks who her boyfriend was and it turns out to be Aaron Miles. The lady is now his wife and it was recorded sometime in 2003 when he played in the minors for Charlotte.

ALSO:

In the beginning part of the decade Aaron Miles shot a guy. He was trying out for Houston and it was spring training. 2 guys burst into the room trying to rob him. He wrestled a guy to the ground and when trying to get the gun away from the guy it went off into the burglar. The burglar lived and the other burglar left when his buddy was shot.

Aaron miles was a hell of a Cardinal...
    :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing these!! I'm going to send them to my sister.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    The Cards and Cubs both suck anyways. hehe :D
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    mattcoz wrote:
    What a catch that was. Uribe's catch never gets any love. The fact that it was in the 9th inning of a clinching world series game makes it that much more impressive.
    Did he catch it? Did he catch it? HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!

Plus the great play he made right after that....

Uribe has it, he throws.. OUT! OUT! A WHITE SOX WINNER AND A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

:mrgreen:
    mattcoz wrote:
    Did he catch it? Did he catch it? HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!

Plus the great play he made right after that....

Uribe has it, he throws.. OUT! OUT! A WHITE SOX WINNER AND A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

:mrgreen:
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
    mindi wrote:

The Cards can have Miles back... (and yes, Cards fans are mos def creepy)
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    In the beginning part of the decade Aaron Miles shot a guy.

This isn't at all what I expected to read, but somehow it makes me laugh. You just don't hear that often...
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
    JS80730 wrote:
    BUY THE BULLS ED!!!!!!! WE NEED MORE SHOWS AT THE UNITED CENTER!!!!

The UC is an awful, awful place for a show... I've seen many a band, including PJ there and the sound always sucks, is overblown, parking is insane, the neighborhood sucks (nothing to do in walking dist unless you count drug dealing or mugging) and the people who work there act like DMV employees. they should play the Allstate again, or stay up at Alpine Valley, or just do a week of shows at a small downtown theater like the Vic or Auditorium theater. The UC has all the charm of a funeral home... now if it were still the Chicago Staduim... that would be something!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    fraidknot wrote:
    JS80730 wrote:
    BUY THE BULLS ED!!!!!!! WE NEED MORE SHOWS AT THE UNITED CENTER!!!!

The UC is an awful, awful place for a show... I've seen many a band, including PJ there and the sound always sucks, is overblown, parking is insane, the neighborhood sucks (nothing to do in walking dist unless you count drug dealing or mugging) and the people who work there act like DMV employees. they should play the Allstate again, or stay up at Alpine Valley, or just do a week of shows at a small downtown theater like the Vic or Auditorium theater. The UC has all the charm of a funeral home... now if it were still the Chicago Staduim... that would be something!

I agree the UC is a dump.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    fraidknot wrote:
    mindi wrote:

The Cards can have Miles back... (and yes, Cards fans are mos def creepy)

We're not creepy...we just like to stare at your stuff when we're peeing next to you