Options

Future RE-releases

just davejust dave Posts: 260
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I can't wait for the re-releases, especially vs., vitalogy and no code. They were still young but there were times when they weren't touring, and for what they have in store who knows, but it will be awesome.

Also i want to see the out-takes from single video theory. I think those would be hilarious to watch.

A video on binaural would be sweet on how they used the mics for that recording.

I just can't wait to see what they pull out of the hat for all the albums and they should be soon like within the next few years.

There should be lots of excitement from pearl jam, and they won't need to do anything for it, they'll be resting while re-releasing their old stuff, which they should then get well rested and release a double album or something.

I can't wait for the ten super duper deluxe thing. these are exciting times for a pearl jam fan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I agree, I am curious to see what the VS re-release will be about and when something about it will be announced.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I agree, I am curious to see what the VS re-release will be about and when something about it will be announced.

me too. there will probably be an announcement right after Ten i re-released.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    i can't wait for the Vs. re-release. i hope its just as super deluxe as ten. though, i'm thinking the rest of them might not be. maybe just for this particular release since it was their first one.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    i can't wait for the Vs. re-release. i hope its just as super deluxe as ten. though, i'm thinking the rest of them might not be. maybe just for this particular release since it was their first one.

that's what i've been thinking as well. but it would be awesome just to get a dvd & bonus tracks from each record. and the re-releases on vinyl, of course! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Vs Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition!

Live In Atlanta '94 - 2 DVD set!
    2 LP Vinyl of Mudfest '93 in Canada.

drool.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Live In Atlanta '94 - 2 DVD set!

that would be beyond awesome.....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Anyone know what the release schedule is for these?

I'm predicting we'll see "Ten" through "Vitalogy" re-released in 2009, "No Code" through "Binaural" in 2010 and "Riot Act" through the new album in 2011.

I hope all the "Deluxe" versions don't cost $140 though—$1260 for all 9 albums scares me.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options

I'm predicting we'll see "Ten" through "Vitalogy" re-released in 2009, "No Code" through "Binaural" in 2010 and "Riot Act" through the new album in 2011.

I hope all the "Deluxe" versions don't cost $140 though—$1260 for all 9 albums scares me.

I doubt the rest will be as big as the 10 rerelease.
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102

I hope they spread them out more. This is going to get expensive.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184

I may be wrong, but I believe only the Sony / Epic albums will be re-released. I think it was alluded to on the marketing strategy for Ten.

I too am curious to the contents and timing of future re-releases. At some point, I would imagine the re-releases will be staggered around the new album with a greater delay between them. Meaning, once the new cd is out, they may delay the next re-release to allow for proper attention and promotion of the new songs.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    just dave wrote:
    I can't wait for the re-releases, especially vs., vitalogy and no code. They were still young but there were times when they weren't touring, and for what they have in store who knows, but it will be awesome.

Also i want to see the out-takes from single video theory. I think those would be hilarious to watch.

A video on binaural would be sweet on how they used the mics for that recording.

I just can't wait to see what they pull out of the hat for all the albums and they should be soon like within the next few years.

There should be lots of excitement from pearl jam, and they won't need to do anything for it, they'll be resting while re-releasing their old stuff, which they should then get well rested and release a double album or something.

I can't wait for the ten super duper deluxe thing. these are exciting times for a pearl jam fan

bring it on!
    danny d
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,518

Jeff was quoted a couple of months back as saying future re-releases won't be as elaborate as the Super Deluxe re-release of Ten,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I think the releases after Ten will probably include 2 discs & a DVD. Maybe Disc 1 will be VS remastered, and then disc 2 will have B-sides, live tracks, unreleased stuff, and then a DVD of a show from the era..Liker perhaps..

VS (Atlanta)
    Vitalogy (Soldier Field)
    No Code (???)
    Yield (MSG)
    Binaural (Seattle 2)
    Riot Act (Buffalo)
  • Options
    I'd love to see the studio albums remixed in 5.1 surround sound, but God knows that will never happen. :cry:
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    CrookedTom wrote:
    I think the releases after Ten will probably include 2 discs & a DVD. Maybe Disc 1 will be VS remastered, and then disc 2 will have B-sides, live tracks, unreleased stuff, and then a DVD of a show from the era..Liker perhaps..

VS (Atlanta)
    Vitalogy (Soldier Field)
    No Code (???)
    Yield (MSG)
    Binaural (Seattle 2)
    Riot Act (Buffalo)

I would think No Code would be either Randall's Island or The Germany show that was broadcast live.
  • Options
    I can't wait for the re-release of Vitalogy. After hearing the new mixes available on here, I'd love to hear the remix of Immortality, Not for You, Corduroy, Betterman, Nothingman, and the rest of the album.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    CrookedTom wrote:

VS (Atlanta)
    Vitalogy (Soldier Field)
    No Code (???)
    Yield (MSG)
    Binaural (Seattle 2)
    Riot Act (Buffalo)

I would think No Code would be either Randall's Island or The Germany show that was broadcast live.

Charlotte!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    greenmanny wrote:
    I can't wait for the re-release of Vitalogy. After hearing the new mixes available on here, I'd love to hear the remix of Immortality, Not for You, Corduroy, Betterman, Nothingman, and the rest of the album.

I thought Ten was the only album being remixed and the others would only be remastered. Does anyone know for sure?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:
    greenmanny wrote:

I thought Ten was the only album being remixed and the others would only be remastered. Does anyone know for sure?

sure, the guys in the band & their mgmt know for sure ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Will Yellow Ledbetter be released on a reissue?
  • Options
    what about the self pollution and monkey wrench radio sessions... That would be cool, even if it was the complete video as seen on the movie hype
  • Options
    PJeffPJeff Posts: 12
    100 Pacer wrote:

Jeff was quoted a couple of months back as saying future re-releases won't be as elaborate as the Super Deluxe re-release of Ten,...

You don't happen to remember where that was by any chance?
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    The only thing I'm hoping for is that each album is re-released w/ Sepia toned artwork like Ten... Which might sound stupid, but I'd love for the albums to match... Guess I'm weird lol.
  • Options
    I think I might be looking forward to the Vitalogy re-release the most, but I'm certainly curious about all of them, and hope that each one incorporates Vinyl!
    If Adam and Eve had Taco Bell they would have never eaten that filthy fruit...
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    CrookedTom wrote:
    Riot Act (Buffalo)
    If your general prediction is correct, I doubt you picked the right show here. If I remember right, they only played 3 or 4 songs from Riot Act during that 3+ hour show :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Could Vitalogy have the unreleased "hush hush" 95 tour home movie packaged with it? :shock:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    mfc2006 wrote:

that's what i've been thinking as well. but it would be awesome just to get a dvd & bonus tracks from each record. and the re-releases on vinyl, of course! 8-)
    that's all I need- a re-release with bonus tracks, a DVD, and a vinyl :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    DD164485DD164485 Posts: 149
    I'm pretty sure the rest of the Sony catalog is just going to be re-issues. I highly doubt they are going to go balls out for all of their album reissues like they did with the Ten album. We'll be lucky if they add some bonus material at all...

I don't expect these super duper ultra deluxe packages to be offered with any other album.

Besides...TEN is the only album that needed a serious re-mix.

And as far as I know Lost Dogs pretty much cleaned out the warehouse as far as B-sides go
    (at least for the Sony era...Avacado is another story altogether)

All in all, I'm just happy that these re-issues give me a chance to finally get their catalog on vinyl. I missed the bus the first time around and I'm really excited to hopefully get a chance to collect all of Pearl Jam's albums on vinyl.

It's really cool that they are doing this because I flat out refuse to pay some yob on e-bay three times the original price of an album just so I can complete my collection. It's bullshit and a complete rip off.

This way...the true fans win and so does the band.

We get a chance to pick up brand new LP copies of the albums and the money goes to Pearl Jam rather than some fuckhole douche captain on E-bay, who really doesn't give a rats ass about the music, the band, or the fans and is only using the band to turn a quick buck.

Can't wait to spin me some No Code and Binaural!!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I am hoping they release the entire Soldier Field concert on Vinyl with the re-release of Vitalogy...that would be awesome! Plus each re-release should contain a concert from that era on DVD.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    I am hoping they release the entire Soldier Field concert on Vinyl with the re-release of Vitalogy...that would be awesome! Plus each re-release should contain a concert from that era on DVD.

I agree! 8-)